Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Louder than Thunder

Louder than Thunder

by Dead1724 0 reviews

Two lovers fighting through high school drama :P

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-10-27 - Updated: 2011-10-28 - 2365 words

0Unrated
Beep.
Beep.
Beep!
Beep!!
Beep!!!
Noooooo..."I don't wanna get up!" I yelled and slammed the snooze button on my alarm clock. Where had my weekend gone? It felt like just yesterday I was just getting home and saying, "Thank God it's Friday!"
But now...it was Monday, the worst day of the week. It would suck to be Monday..because everyone hated him.
"Oh yeah," I said to myself, "I'm already hated by everyone!" Today was also the start of the second semester of school. Maybe my new schedule would make the day go by faster...
I got up and walked like a zombie to my closet and grabbed a random pair of jeans and a T-shirt. I slipped them on then proceeded my zombie walking downstairs to the kitchen.
I got down there to find pancakes with blueberries. Also, my brother, who was eating my delicious pancakes with blueberries.
"You're still up?"I asked him while petting my cat, Mittens , who was lolling on the counter.
"Yepp, but I'm going to bed right after I get some breakfast." Ever since my brother had graduated, he had been living in vampyric ways-- sleeping all day, and staying up all night...All night on Xbox live, keeping me awake at night.
"Yeah, MY breakfast!"
"Don't start, Ayla." My mom said, handing me a plate of my fabulous breakfast and a cup of my morning coffee.
"Thanks..." I was hated at my house....
After that I went to put on my make up, straighten my hair, put on my coat, grab my ipod, and then walked to school in the crisp, February weather.

"Hey," Tia greeted cheerfully.
"Hey," I said back, not half as cheerful, and entered my combination to get into my locker.
"Guess what I heard...," Tia said quietly.
"Hm?" I didn't care much for gossip. Normally Tia didn't either.
"Exie and her boyfriend apparently took a lot pictures."
"What kind of pictures?" I asked as I pondered at my new schedule and remembering that I had no books yet for my new classes.
"Freaky, gross ones!"
"Well, it's about time." I said.
"Yeah," she laughed "And she sent a few of her like the entire football team...so now everyone knows."
"So...that means that the whole world finally sees that Exie is a slut? Good for them."
"Yeah, they're slow...But she's finally been exposed! No one thinks she's a little perfect angel anymore." It was funny how Exie hated me and would go out of her way to humiliate me, but it was Tia who hated her and would defend me. I just wouldn't say anything. Exie use to be my best friend. That was until I started getting into alternative music and I apparently 'changed' So I wasn't good enough to be in her circle anymore. Though she couldn't have just of given me that message and that be it, no, she had to turn everyone in the school against me and go out of her way to make my life living hell. I was thankful how I quickly become friends with the new girl. Tia kept me...okay.
"Good," I slammed my locker shut and turned to walk with Tia to homeroom when I slammed into someone.
"Sorry," he slurred, then waked away quickly before I had a chance to say anything. He looked like that Gerald kid, the guy with the black hair who was in love with Exie.
"I wonder how he's taking it," Tia said, motioning to the direction Gerald had ran away in.
"He'll just drink his way out of it." I said, then felt bad about it. But he was known for being the biggest alcoholic in the school.
"I think he's already trying that," she looked behind us, "he's struggling to walk in a straight line...like big time. He's going in zigzags through the hallway." Poor guy...but that was funny.




As the word spread more around about Exie's sleazy pictures, I started noticing the little greasy headed boy with the black hair a lot more. He looked depressed, more than usual...and still drunk. Poor guy...he shouldn't waste his heart on a girl like her... I could see why Exie didn't like him a few years ago but now he was actually....good looking. I might even dare to say...hot. But all I was ever going to think of him was as the little greasy, black headed kid that was in love with the devil. You could see it as clear as day. He wouldn't take his eyes off of her as he walked by her in the hall way; he would turn completely red in the face too. And when we all would laugh at him, he would never deny that he liked her. A wave of guilt seemed to hit me. Why did I make fun of him? I kind of felt like I should go over and apologize...but that would just be too awkward. But I still felt bad... I was a completely different person back then. Which it was only two years ago... But a lot had happened since then. I had the scare of loosing my brother (my other best friend),my grandmother had died and the situation of being hated and made fun of every day, which definitely did not make my life all rainbows-and-lollipops. All of those experiences helped me to change into a better person. I could have thought about that a bit longer…but my thoughts drifted back to Gerald. It looked like we had one thing in common: we both had been extremely hurt by Exie.
"Heeeellloooo?" Tia said to me, breaking my thoughts by waving a pencil back and forth in front of my face in homeroom.
"Huh? What?" I said.
"I asked who you were gonna pair up with in biology since Mr. Clarke said we weren't allowed to be partners." She rolled her eyes thinking about it.
"Ugh...I don't know," I put my head down. Tia was the only person I associated with in this school since my brother had graduated.
"Well," she said in her flirty voice, "I call sexy Brett,"
I laughed, "you can have him."
She took a deep breath "Hm...let's see who you could team up with...," she said, thinking.
"Maybe I'll be the last one left and I'll just have to work alone," I gave a weak smile.
"You're out of luck, there's an even amount in the class--24."
I pouted, "can't anyone be gone today?" I asked and Tia seemed to get quiet for a minute or two, "sorry, every one's here."
I put my head down again. Tia was too into details...
"Come on Ayla, talking to someone besides me or a teacher isn't the end of the world..."
"Yes, it will be. Because Exie has turned everyone against me. Except for you....and thank you for that," that was at least the 100th time I had thanked her for not making my life COMPLETELY hell.
"Well, when you're the new girl, you're not gonna make fun of someone who had been there their whole life...Which I'm too nice to make fun of people." She smiled.
I was about to say that I was too, but Gerald popped back into my head. Why couldn't I get him out of my head?!
"Though, you shouldn't be too worried, with all those pictures of Exie all over the place, she'll probably loose a lot of her 'little fans' that think she's perfect..." She rolled her blue eyes again.
The bell rang and I was off to Algebra.

As my teacher blabbed on and on about graphs, I was wonderfully seated in back of Exie. So all I could see was her perfect, dark drown hair.
Her tan arm reached back and threw a piece of paper on my desk.
I opened it. "I heard you and that greasy-headed black haired kid were going out."
I clicked my pen and began to write, "What? I'm not going out with him...where did you hear that?" I flicked it onto her desk, in a few minutes she handed it back.
"Please, everyone saw you hugging him in the hall way earlier.." What?
"Hug him? I've never even said two words to the guy." I wrote back flicked it over.
"Liar." She sent back. I was tempted to put another word. Perhaps the one that started with a W. But instead I crumbled it up and threw it in my backpack to throw away later.
Listening was now out of the question. All I could think about was how this could happen. Yes, it was just a rumor, but rumors bugged the fluff out of me. Had he heard this? What if we started talking? That would be so awkward. Ugh...why Exie? Why?!

Biology:

"Okay class. Get into groups of two. Like I told you yesterday, we'll be looking at the mosquito today..."
I watched as Tia hopped up and skipped her way to Brett. He seemed to agree to be partners with no problem. Tia flipped her blonde hair a few times to impress him but he didn't seem to notice.
I got up and slowly moved to the corner of the room and waited for everyone but one person to be left...this sucked.
People were skitting from one end of the room to the other. I didn't see anyone left over when it was done. I was thanking God again and again in my head, though it was a bit too soon.
"Does everyone have a partner?" he asked. I shyly raised my hand.
"Ayla? You don't have a partner?"
I shook my head. I was afraid to talk in this class. Exie was in here, probably glaring at me with her gray eyes at that very moment.
"Does anyone else not have a partner?" No one. "Ah...Gerard." Mr. Clarke said. Who was Gerard? I looked over to the same direction as Mr. Clarke. It was the kid with the black, greasy hair. Oopsie, I thought his name was Gerald..hehe.
Gerard made his way around to me, quietly and awkwardly. Mr. Clarke motioned to a station to get to and we made our way there.

Everyone else around us was talking and laughing and some where even flirting (Tia). We weren't even communicating...at all. The awkwardness seemed to scream at me. I should take this moment to apologize. I don't want to...But I should. He shoved the mosquito's lifeless body towards me. I should apologize...but I don't want to. But who cares abut what I want, it was what I NEEDED to do!!! I took a look into the microscope--gross. I didn't really know what to do now…so…
"G...erard?" Wow, that was weird...talking to someone else that wasn't Tia.
"Hm?" I barely heard him say. He didn't bother to look at me.
Eith...what now? "I...I'm kinda sorry...for uhh...a few years ago...when I would uhh...make...fun of you," I felt so bad (and so awkward), "I'm really sorry."
He seemed to take a moment to register it. Then shook his head, "It's okay." he said though it didn't sound very convincing, but I pretended not to notice.
"You're a lot better person than I am," I tried to laugh off the crazy feeling inside of me. I felt like spewing. But I just felt so weird by talking to him. I had never talked to him before in my life, besides when I use to make fun of him. "I'm not sure if I could forgive anyone for making fun of me..." I shook my head. "That's really selfish of me though, I guess."
He laughed a little, "Since when have you been made fun of?"
"Since...Exie decided that I'm not good enough to be friends with her anymore..."
"Why'd she do that?" he asked but he still didn't seem to care.
"Umm...she said I changed...because I stopped liking Britney Spears and dyed my hair black...I guess."
"She must have something against black hair," he picked a lock of his own and glared at it.
"She must,"
"B*tch," Gerard said. I was surprised--it looked like he was finally over her , but I was happy for him. I laughed loudly and turned around to look at her. Exie was glaring at us.
"Uhh..," I said as quietly as possible to Gerard, "I think she heard us because she's looking like she wants to kill us..."
He turned around to see her, "um...She smiled at me...?" It would be too obvious to look at him to see if he was blushing, so I didn't. I just hoped that he wouldn't fall for her again. No way she'd ever go after him now. Not after all she had done to him. Would she really have the nerve?...Apparently she did, beings she just smiled at him.
"Okay, well I guess she just wants to kill me then.."
"Your friend," he said in an angry tone, "would probably kill her first."
Why did he sound like he could rip Tia's head off? Did he not just call her a b*tch? So a smile is going to make him forget those sleazy pictures and make her become and sweet and innocent again?

Man I was confusing my own self today-- I had never even thought of this guy for almost two years. Though now, I felt like I wanted to...protect him? Was that right? Was that weird for me to want to protect a guy? Isn't that normally the other way around?
I just knew that things, when it came to Exie, were for your benefit. It was always her. There would be no way Gerard would ever find happiness with her. Why was he being such a dummy?
So this boy, that I hadn't thought of in two years was now all I was able to think about. The boy seemed nice and sweet...but hurt. I just wanted to protect him...Yeah...I JUST wanted to protect him.
Sign up to rate and review this story