Categories > Original > Drama > Its_Izzy_TMB 's fanfic

CHAPTER 8

by TheMidnightBeast 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-11-30 - Updated: 2011-11-30 - 1710 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Hi, it's Ashley. Sorry I can't really get to the phone right now, but if you leave a message, I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you."
Beeeeep.
I swallowed, not sure what to say.
"Hi Ashley, it's me, Holly," I said, my throat croaking. Jesus. "Um..." I stammered, unsure how to put what I was about to say into words.
"When you get this, can you please come over?" I clear my throat. "It's important. Thanks, bye." I said quickly, pressing the hang up button. I must have sounded stupid, but, to be honest, this was pretty serious.
I ran a hand through me hair, debating on what to do. It was the morning after Stefan had told me about Joe and Ashley's drug-dealing. I couldn't believe it was Ashley who had been selling the drugs to Joe, behind my back. I though I could trust him. Then another thought struck me, making me feel sick. How would Alex feel when she found out? She would be devasted. Eurgh, I felt awful. I didn't need this.
I went into the kitchen, a feeling of dread building inside me. I stood by the sink, looking out into the small, square garden. A blackbird flew down from the bush and sat on the lawn, tweeting softly. It looked so pretty and peaceful. The frost on the grass sparkled in the pale sun. Winter was just coming around the corner, and soon, it would be Christmas. Hopefully, Christmas wouldn't be lonely, expecially as I had Stefan for company now. I sighed, trying to remember the chemistry between us last night, falling asleep watching movies, after the big news about Joe and Ashley. Ahhhh, I thought, rubbing my forehead. I felt sick with worry. I carried on watching the blackbird, biting my lip.

Alex stared out the window. A robin flew down from the massive Oak tree and onto the grass, pecking at the ground. It reminded her that it was almost Christmas, that stressful yet happy time of the year. Hopefully Ashley would be spending it with her. Alex sighed, watching the robin. She felt a mixture of emotions. Things were still a bit awkward with Ashley.
She had to sort it out.
Alex decided tonight she was going to push away all the problems she and Ashley were having at the moment. Washing her cold hands, she opened up the cuboards and took out two plates. Nothing like a romantic meal to try and forget about the past events.
Soon, she had cooked a decent enough meal and had lit some candles, drawn the curtains and had some soft music playing out the iPod speakers. Alex heard Ashley's key in the door, and quickly went into the hallway to say hello.
"Hi!" she said, as Ashley opened the door. Ashley's eyes widened in suprise slightly, before stepping in.
"Hello," he replied, shutting the door. Alex waited for a hug, a kiss. There was an awkward moment. Alex's heart sank.
"I made dinner. I thought we could stay in, watch a film, sort of have a romantic night? I thought-"
"Sorry, I can't," Ashley inturrepted. "I've got to go to Holly's, talk about something." Alex's stomach dropped. All the effort she had put in, and he wasn't even saying sorry or thank-you. She swallowed, slightly hurt that he'd rather see Holly than his own girlfriend.
"Right. Well I guess I'd better chuck it out then," Alex said, her voice cracking humilatingly. She turned.
"Hey, hey, hey!" Ashley said softly, touching her arm. Alex slowly turned round. Ashley was looking at her with soft round eyes.
"Who's to say we cannot eat it when I get back? I won't be long, anyway," he said. Alex smiled.
"Okay," she said. Ashley smiled back, pulled her into a hug. She breathed in the familiar musky scent on him.
"It's been ages, hasn't it?" She heard him say. She didn't know what he meant, but just nodded anyway. He probably meant it had been ages since they'd been more like a couple again. Ashley let go, and put his hands on her shoulders.
"I'll be back soon, about half hour, tops. See you in a bit," he said, opening the door. Alex felt a bit conufsed that he had literally stepped in and then back out the door, but the fact they were getting along really well again felt great.
Alex shut the door behind him and leant agaisnt it, all her worries dissapearing.

Dru was pounding on his drums again, signing along to a song he was recording. Alice listened happily from downstairs, making dinner. It had been a while since she and Dru had actually had some time to be together, and she was enjoying it.
"BECAUSE I DID YOU WRONG!" Dru shouted, trying to sing over the constant banging of the drums. Alice smiled, listening. Dru was an amazing drummer, and she was lucky to have him.
Putting the chicken in the oven, Alice turned off the cooker and stirred the pasta that was bubbling on the stove. Chicken and pasta with a nice curry sauce, a simple yet filling meal to end a decent day. The music stopped playing upstairs and she heard Dru switching off the music player. Alice turned to face the kitchen door, as she heard Dru coming down the stairs.
"Something smells finger-lickin' good," Dru said, walking into the kitchen, smiling. Alice smiled back, holding out her arms. Dru walked into them and kissed her on the cheek.
"Sorry for the noise, I was just practising," Dru said.
"It's fine, really. I like listening to you play," Alice said kindly. She could almost feel Dru smiling behind her.
"How's Natalie?" Alice asked, just out of interest.
"She's fine, still a bit wound up by that drug reciept thing," Dru replied, letting go of Alice. He frowned.
"It's funny though, it feels like all there has been between our friendship group is just too much worry and stress, like Joe gone, and now this drug accusations and murder and stuff..."
"Not to mention the arguments between Ashley and Alex and Natalie and me," Alice said, unhappily. She had long since aplogized and made up with Natalie, but she still felt guilty. After all, Dru and her were just friends, at the end of the day.
"Yeah," Dru said. "But at least that parts over now." He smiled, and then sniffed.
"That chicken smells good," he said, laughing, flicking a bit of hair out his eyes. Alice smiled.
"Glad you appreciate my cooking," she laughed. Dru smiled again.
"We're smiling a lot today," he said, making Alice chuckle.
"Yeah. I guess I'm just glad that things finally seem to be blowing over."
Dru nodded, agreeing.
But they were wrong.
The worst was only to come.

Emily sat in the same Costa Coffee shop all the arguments had taken place in. Rain was pouring down outside, thundering on the windows. Lightening cracked open the sky. Emily's hair was soaking, dripping onto her coat. She was cupping a hot cup of coffee in her hands, trying to let the warmth seep through her body. She had only been out shopping when the weather had decided to take a turn for the worst. A shiver ran through her as thunder roared out from above. What shitty weather.
A lot of people had decided to take shelter in the coffee shop as well as Emily, lots of them soaking from the pouring rain too.
Emily sighed, feeling the radiator gurgle beside her table. She had a slice of cake in front of her, but she didn't feel like eating, even though she was rather hungry, which was weird. Her mouth felt dry and she felt almost lost. It was almost impossible to even see out the window, let alone outside on the street.
Emily slumped down on the leather seat, shivering again. Suddenly, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She plucked it out, which was difficult, as she was trying not to get it wet with her cold fingers. Unlocking it, she glanced at the screen.
1 new text.
She clicked on the message icon and openened it up. It was from Stefan.

"Come quick. Please help. Holly missing."



She was doing the right thing. With her out the picture, things could get back to normal. No one would find out.
She dragged an unconcious Holly across the carpark, dragging her round to the car parked in the corner, where the darkness was most thick.
Rain poured down and lightening filled the sky, joined with a roaring of thunder that you could almost feel go right through you. She shivered, trying to hurry up. The water weighed down Holly, so it was even more difficult to drag her.
There wasn't much time.
Faster. Hurry.
She quickened her pace, attempting to pick up Holly, but accidently dropping her legs on the cold ground. A moan came from Holly. Shit, she was waking up.
Finally, she reached the car, reaching out to open the front door. Dragging Holly into the car seat was a difficult tast, but finally, Holly was slumped on the seat. Rain droplets dripped down her nose, but finally, Holly was in.
She quickly glanced up at the driver in the car.
"Was it okay? Sorry about that," he said. She nodded in reply.
"I don't think anyone saw me. Wait till she wakes up, yeah? That way there will be less evidence." He nodded.
"Okay. Thanks again. Thanks for everything." He smiled that sinister, shallow smile again.
"It's fine. It's not the first time I had to drag a body, is it?" She said, gritting her teeth. He knew she was relating to Joe.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Shut the door," he said sharply. Slamming the door shut, she walked away, wishing she could get rid of this feeling of guilt inside her.
She heard the car speeding away, the tires squeaking on the wet ground. The rain was getting harder now, tiny little bullets piercing at her skin.
She turned her face up to the sky and felt the wet droplets hit her.
Then she turned, and began to walk home.
She did what had to be done.
Sign up to rate and review this story