Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Ghost of Brendon's Past

(7) I'm Gonna Need You To Keep Time

by alligatorpie 1 review

"What can Brendon give him that I can't?"

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2011-12-02 - Updated: 2011-12-03 - 1074 words

0Unrated
Chapter Seven – I’m Gonna Need You To Keep Time

“What the fuck else do I have to see?” I demanded, jumping to my feet.

Aaron took a nervous step back, but Rue just rolled her eyes and crossed her arms and legs, watching me.

“You’ve already broken my heart all over again with all this shit, how much more do I have to go through?” I threw my arms in the air, waving them about as I spoke.

Aaron shifted from foot to foot awkwardly, Rue looked down at her nails.

“Both of you are fucking sick!” I yelled, dropping my arms back down to my sides.

Aaron frowned sympathetically. Rue gazed at me, with a look of disinterest. I looked between them, breathing heavily.

“Are you done?” Rue asked.

“Yes, I’m fucking done with this bullshit!” I cried. “Welcome to the point!”

“I meant with your temper tantrum.” Rue said, and I was brought up short. “Do you ever wonder what your band mates say about you behind your back?” Rue asked before I could collect myself enough to respond.

“Sometimes…” I admitted quietly.

Rue held her hand out silently.

“You never told me what I’m supposed to understand after all of this.” I said, eyeing her hand cautiously, noticing that the band logo tattooed on the inside of her wrist was My Chemical Romance.

“You don’t understand what you’re supposed to get out of this yet?” Rue asked incredulously, slowly lowering her hand.

“No.”

Rue turned, and looked at Aaron.

“I told you.” Aaron said, smirking slightly, looking satisfied.

“You told her what?” I demanded.

“That you’ve lied to yourself so much, you’re a little bit beyond reason.” Aaron said. “With most people, I wouldn’t have had to show them the love of their fucking life being raped before they understood the point.”

I winced at his words.

“He’s not the love of my life.” I said quietly.

Aaron and Rue both rolled their eyes.

“He’s not!” I insisted.

“Then who is?” Rue asked. “Dallon? You couldn’t even have sex with him properly! And do you even know what was holding you back?”

I blinked at her, brought up short.

“Ryan, Brendon. You were so wrapped up in Ryan, even while having sex with another man, that you couldn’t bear it.” Rue said, over-enunciating. She sighed, and held her hand out again.

I grudgingly accepted, and the room dissolved.

I recognized where we were this time; just across the hall, in Spencer’s room. There was a lump under the blankets, and a mass of curly brown hair that I assumed was Spencer. Then the toilet flushed, and Spencer came out of the bathroom. I raised my eyebrows as a boxer-clad Spencer made his way over to the bed. He slid under the covers, and leaned back on the headboard, sighing and closing his eyes.

The lump next to him stirred, and rolled over. Ian’s face appeared, and I gasped. Ian wrapped his arm over Spencer’s thighs, and nuzzled his face into Spencer’s hip. Spencer smiled softly down at Ian, running his fingers through Ian’s hair.

“I’m still sad.”

I barely heard Ian’s muffled words, and my eyebrows went up.

“I know.” Spencer murmured, his eyes closing again. “I am too.”

Ian’s arm tightened around Spencer, and he let out a deep, shaky breath. Spencer bit his lip and leaned his head back.

“I hate not being able to have him.” Ian’s hoarse voice broke the silence. Spencer’s eyes opened, and they were shining with tears.

“I hate missing him so much.” Spencer said, raising his hands to his face, wiping the tears from his eyes.

“I love him so fucking much, and he doesn’t even look twice.” Ian’s body shook, and he shifted, so the blankets were covering more of his body.

“I don’t even have the chance to look at him.” Spencer whispered. He curled his knees up to his chest, and covered his face.

“What can Brendon give him that I can’t?” Ian demanded, sitting up, facing Spencer.

“Why did he run off with Ryan? They fucking got together after all that shit!” Spencer cried.

They gazed at each other for a moment, then lunged for each other at the same time, their mouths connecting harshly. I watched with my mouth open as Spencer’s calloused hands gripped Ian’s hips. Ian moaned softly, but pulled away, hugging Spencer tightly, and sobbed into Spencer’s neck. Spencer returned the hug, leaning his head into Ian’s.

They made their way back into a laying down position, and Rue held out her hand. I accepted, and we went back to my hotel room.

I yelped in surprise at the other person in the room. A girl, younger than Rue and Aaron, was sitting cross-legged on the bed, her eyes were closed, and she was twitching, making faces.

“Whose-” I started, but Rue shushed me.

“It’s happening.” The girl whispered. “We have to move, fast.”

Rue and Aaron exchanged a look, then Rue turned back to me.

“This is Hannah.” She said, gesturing to the girl on the bed. The girl had blonde hair, and was wearing a white tank top with an intricate design in black, with black skinny jeans and checkered vans.

“What’s-”

“She’s the Ghost of Panic’s Future.” Rue said. “She needs to take you places and show you a few things.”

“Shouldn’t that happen tomorrow night?” I asked, confused.

“Should. But it’s not.”

“We need to go. Now.” Hannah’s eyes were open, and she was looking at me with piercing blue-green eyes. I flinched.

“Okay.” I said, and Hannah stood up, making her way around the bed, past Aaron, and over to me.

She stood in front of me, looking at me for a moment, before holding out her hand, which I hesitantly accepted.

A/N: Sorry it's so short, but if I didn't cut it off here, I probably wouldn't have been able to update until early next week. Sadly, due to the light work load this week, my teachers piled on homework for this weekend. But I blew it off for the time being, so I could update. I hope you enjoyed it, and I'll update as soon as I can!

xxAnna
Sign up to rate and review this story