Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Orphan

Gabriella sat on Mikey’s lap, thinking about where Emily really was. She was almost one hundred percent certain that Emily wasn’t going to the soda machine. So Gabriella decided to go and investigate. She turned to Mikey and signed ‘I’m going to go and find Emily’.
Mikey nodded and let Gabriella slip off his lap. She ran down the corridor and round the corner. She found the soda machine. But Emily, of course, was nowhere to be found.
In the hospital room, Ryan was putting up a struggle. But after all the injuries he’d gained from the terrible fall from the tree house, it was easy for Emily to overpower him. Emily held the pillow firmly over his mouth and nose. She didn’t remove the pillow until Ryan stopped moving.
Grinning, she took the heart monitor off her finger and placed it back on Ryan’s. Instantly the sound that Ryan’s heart was no longer beating filled her ears. Emily smiled. She wanted to stay a moment longer to celebrate her victory but knew she had to get out fast. The Doctor’s would be back soon.
Emily jumped down from the hospital bed and skipped out of the room innocently, remembering that she had to go and buy a soda.

Gerard and Lyn-z were still arguing when they heard the Doctor’s cries from down the corridor. They were right outside Ryan’s room. Lyn-z pulled away from Gerard and ran down the corridor “What’s going on?” Lyn-z cried “Tell me what’s going on!”
“I’m afraid you can’t go in there!” One of the nurses said firmly, holding Lyn-z back.
But Lyn-z could see what was going on; hear the noise of the heart monitor. She burst into hysterical tears. “Lyn, it’s gonna be okay!” Gerard mumbled, running up behind her.
Lyn-z turned to face him and glared at him like he was crazy “How on earth can you say that?” She snapped “He’s dead! And I know whose fault it is.”
“Lyn-z…” Gerard started but Lyn-z pushed past him.
She stormed down the hall just as Emily rounded the corner, holding her soda in one hand. “How dare you hurt him you stupid bitch!” Lyn-z yelled right in her face.
Emily blinked at her “I didn’t hurt anybody!” Emily said, looking as innocent as she could “If anybody hurt someone, it was probably you. I mean, Gabriella nearly drowned because you passed out drunk when she fell into the lake. If it weren’t for Gerard, Gabriella would be dead!”
Lyn-z slapped her round the face “I know what you did and I’m not gonna let you get away from it anymore!”
In Ryan’s hospital room, they heard the Doctor say “We’ve got a pulse.”
“I have been letting you get away with shit for as long as I possibly could!” Lyn-z screamed “But you will not hurt my children anymore!”
Lyn-z slapped Emily again then shoved her off her feet “I fucking hate you!” Lyn-z shrieked.
Emily whimpered “Daddy!” She cried “Daddy, stop her, she’s hurting me!”
Two Doctor’s grabbed each of Lyn-z’s arms and held her back. Gerard ran round and picked Emily up, holding her close “It’s okay Baby…” Gerard whispered “Everything’s gonna be okay now.”
“I hate you!” Lyn-z screamed “I fucking hate you!”
Another Doctor ran over and injected something into Lyn-z’s arm. She screamed before everything went dark.

When Lyn-z opened her eyes, she was in a hospital room and looking up at Gerard. “R-Ryan…” Lyn-z whispered.
Gerard took her hand “The Doctors have said they’ll run some more tests tomorrow but that he’s fine for now.”
“And Emily?”
Gerard took a deep breath “I’m taking her and Gabriella home in a second.”
There was silence between the two of them “Don’t let Emily near Gabriella.” Lyn-z muttered “Please, please don’t let her near Gabriella.”
“I’m sorry Lyn-z but maybe it’s over between us.” Gerard let go of her hand “If you can’t stop blaming Emily for things she didn’t do.”
“What are you saying?”
“I’ll give you three weeks to sober up and sort yourself out.” Gerard said firmly “But if you don’t, me and the kids are leaving.”
“Gee…” Lyn-z started crying but Gerard got up and ignored her.
He walked out of the room and Lyn-z turned to see what was happening. Gerard was holding Gabriella in his arms, Mikey was walking next to him and Emily was there. She was holding Mikey’s hand. After a couple of steps, Emily turned around to look at Lyn-z. She smirked before turning back to face where she walking. Lyn-z put her face in her hands and sighed heavily. Why wouldn’t Gerard believe her?

Back at home, Mikey went straight back to his place and Gerard tucked Gabriella into bed since it was way past her bedtime. Gabriella took out her hearing aids and placed them on her bedside table as she usually did. Gerard sat on Gabriella’s bed and smiled at her, just looking at her for a moment. His little girl smiled back until Emily walked in. Emily smiled sweetly at Gabriella and kissed her goodnight. As she leaned over to kiss her goodnight, Emily took her little sisters hearing off the bedside table and held them in the palm of her hand before skipping back out of the room.
Gerard leaned over and kissed Gabriella goodnight then went downstairs. He remembered the bottle of wine Lyn-z had hidden. Since he’d had such a long day, he decided to have a couple glasses.
While Gerard was downstairs drinking, Emily was in his bedroom. She’d found one of Lyn-z’s old dresses and she was cutting it. Cutting into a smaller size so that it would fit her. Once the dress fit her, she pulled it on and went over to Lyn-z’s dressing table. She put on some red lipstick, mascara and dark eye-shadow. Emily grabbed a hairbrush and pulled her hair into a style she decided was grown-up.
She slipped into some shoes with a small high-heel and tip-toed down the stairs and into the kitchen. She grabbed a knife.

Lyn-z awoke to the sound of her mobile phone ringing. She groaned but sat up to answer it “Hello?”
“Hello is this Lyn-z Way?”
“Yeah, why?”
“Hello my name is Matt and I work at the hospital you said your adopted daughter used to live in?”
“Umm Emily came over to America from an orphanage not a hospital.”
“No, listen to me, I received the picture that Amelia sent me.”
“Sister Amelia, yeah.”
“We do have a record of her but her name is not Emily.”
“What do you mean?”
“Her name is Esther and she’s thirty-three years old.”
“What are you talking about?” Lyn-z asked “No, she’s a ten year old girl.”
“No, listen to me; she’s got a rare skin disease that makes her look like a child.” Matt explained “She’s a master of disguise. But there is one way you can know it’s her for sure. When she was here we had to strap her down because she was often violent. She has dark bruises around her neck and wrists since. It would’ve been impossible for you not to notice them.”
“She doesn’t have-“ But Lyn-z stopped talking. Everything seemed to fall into place. Why she was so worried about people coming in on her when she went for a bath, why she always wore those ribbons around her wrists and neck. “Oh my goodness, that’s her!”
“Where is she right now? Is she with you?”
“No she’s at home with my husband and my daughter!” Lyn-z cried “What should I do?”
“Call the police right now!” Matt cried “I hope everything goes alright for you.”
Lyn-z jumped up from her bed, found her clothes and shoes. She hung up the phone.
Sign up to rate and review this story