Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Orphan

Emily walked into the living room holding the knife and a cutting board “Would you like some cheese Gerard?” Emily asked, setting the knife and cutting board down on the table in front of the sofa.
Gerard looked up at Emily. His vision was a little weird from the alcohol he’d just drank “W-What are you wearing?” Gerard asked, trying to focus on his adopted daughter.
Emily smiled and smoothed out her dress “What do you think?”
“Oh… You look… Lovely Sweetie.”
“Thank you!” Emily smiled, skipping over to the sofa and taking a seat next to Gerard “I love you Gee.” Emily kissed him on the cheek.
Gerard ran his fingers through his hair and leaned back on the sofa “I love you too Honey.”
There was silence before Emily repeated “I love you!”
“Love you too.”
Emily placed her hand on his chest and leaned into his neck “I love you so much…” Emily muttered, kissing his neck.
Gerard pulled away “What on earth are you doing?”
Emily blinked, her eyes watering “You said you loved me!”
“Oh Sweetie…” Gerard sighed “I-I didn’t mean like that… I love you the way I love Gabriella or Ryan. Not the way that I love Lyn-z.”
“But I don’t see that.” Emily told him “You two do nothing but argue!”
Gerard was silent before bursting into tears. He rolled over so he was facing Emily properly. “It’s just hard!” Gerard sobbed “After everything that’s happened, what with Ryan nearly dying and now Lyn-z’s going insane… I don’t know what to do!”
“It’ll be okay.” Emily promised. She ran her fingers through his hair “Everything’s gonna be okay Gee. Just trust me.”
She leaned forward to kill him. For a second Gerard was going to let her, it’d be easier for him that way. But then common sense took over him and he pulled away. He got up to his feet and stormed round the table to face her “What do you think you’re doing? I can’t kiss you, I’d get sent to prison! Stop being so silly!”
“Don’t talk to me like I’m a child!” Emily yelled.
Gerard glared at her “That’s what you are Emily! A child! And I’m going to be having a long conversation with Sister Amelia tomorrow morning about your future in this household because I just can’t take it anymore!”
Emily’s eyes filled with tears again and she stormed upstairs to her bedroom. Gerard sighed heavily, running his fingers through his hair and picking up his glass of wine again. Why had she tried to kiss him?
Suddenly his phone went off, making him jump. He picked it up and held it to his ear “Hello?”
“Hello, this is Doctor Sam. I’m the one who was monitoring Ryan’s progress.” The voice droned into Gerard’s ear “This would probably have been easier to say in person but I felt you needed to be told straight away. Ryan woke up but he didn’t have much energy. We asked him how the accident had happened and he confirmed your wives suspicions. His tree house was set on fire by your daughter Emily.”
Gerard dropped his phone in shock. Emily had really set the tree house on fire? Should he talk to her? What should he do? The landline rang and he walked over casually to answer it. But the power went off.

While Gerard had been on the phone to Doctor Sam, Emily had been in her own bedroom. She wiped all her make-up off. From the crying, half of it had gone down her face anyway. She took off her dress and tight bra, replacing it with a long-sleeved black tee-shirt and dark blue jeans with black trainers. Emily, or ‘Esther’, pulled out the false pearly white teeth she’d been wearing to reveal her disgusting yellow and brown teeth.
Once she was done taking off her disguise, Emily got mad. She started trashing her room, breaking her mirror and practically breaking everything in her room. Once she was done, she planned everything through in her head. ‘He’s got to go…’ Emily told herself, tiptoeing out of her room and down the corridor.
In her room, Gabriella saw Emily’s shadow wandering past her bedroom. Remembering all the evil things Emily could do, Gabriella reached for her hearing aids. But of course she couldn’t find them because Emily had flushed them down the toilet.
Not knowing what to do, Gabriella huddled under the duvet. When the electricity went off, she decided it was time she did something. So she slipped out of her bed, pushed open her door silently (Well, she hoped it silently) and tried to walk quietly down the corridor.

Lyn-z had left the hospital and was now driving as fast as she possibly could. To her disappointment it had just decided to snow. While she drove, she tried to phone Gerard. The landline rang but after a couple of rings it was cut off. “Come on Gerard!” She snapped, trying to phone again.
But this time the phone didn’t ring at all. Lyn-z’s eyes welled with tears. She started phoning his mobile. She phoned several times but he still didn’t answer. Lyn-z started crying. Had Emily hurt him or Gabriella?
She tried to drive faster but because of the snow it was hard to do that without almost hitting something. Lyn-z nearly drove right into someone else but the other car managed to swerve just in time. She still screamed, half tempted to slow down. But Lyn-z decided she wouldn’t make it in time if she didn’t drive as fast as she could. So she continued to drive dangerously.

Gerard took a torch and went down into the basement. He looked at the fuse box. All of the wires had been pulled out and were flickering and sparkling dangerously. Gerard stared it at for a long moment before finally walking back upstairs to see if Gabriella upstairs.
As he walked into the living room, the rocking chair rocked backwards and forwards as if someone was sitting there. Things around the dark room kept moving or making noises. After the phone call with the Doctor, Gerard was suddenly rather afraid of his adopted daughter.
Suddenly he heard a noise behind him. He turned around to find Emily running at him, screaming. She pounced on him, knocking him to the floor and plunging the sharp knife deep into his chest.
Sign up to rate and review this story