Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Demolition Lovers

Demolition Lovers

by MCRmy_Chick 1 review

Frank learns that memories are more painful than bullets...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2011-12-07 - Updated: 2011-12-08 - 812 words

1Exciting
AN: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

They were in their apartment. Frank had a guitar on his lap and was strumming idly as Gee scribbled furiously on a large piece of paper. The kitchen was warm and bright; July was slowly trickling away into August.

"Okay, now you can look."

Frank smiled and peeked over Gee's shoulder at the drawing on the kitchen table. As usual, the picture took his breath away.

It was him, standing with a blood-red guitar in a hand that stretched skyward. Gerard was standing back-to-back with him, his black hair a wild tangle from a wind that must have been shrieking around the smoking remains of the building they were standing on. The were both dressed in black, with red ties and maniacal grins on their faces. Huge words underneath read 'Demolition Lovers.'

Frank pointed at the title. "Is that a song you're writing?" The band had been formed a week ago.

Gee nodded enthusiastically and took a piece of folded loose-leaf from his hoodie pocket. "Play this!" he commanded, springing up and walking quickly to the living room.

Frank looked down at the paper and saw that Gee had written guitar notes on it. Wondering what it would sound like, Frank picked up his borrowed acoustic and left the kitchen to meet Gee.

When he got into the living room, Frank was very pleased to see Gee standing in the center of the room with only his black jeans on. 

"I like the wardrobe adjustment," Frank commented, eyeing Gee's bare torso with interest.

Gerard rolled his eyes. "It's hot in here."

"That's because I just came in."

Frank watched his boyfriend gape at him and laughed. "Alright," he chuckled, flopping onto the couch. "Fire away."

Gee gestured for Frank to start playing, and the song began. 

"Hand in mine
Into your icy blues
And then I'd say to you
We could take to the highway
With this trunk of ammunition too
I'd end my days with you
In a hail of bullets..."

Frank's fingers flew expertly across the strings, adding music to the soft tones of Gee's singing. When the song picked up, Frank actually thought he could see the two lovers holding eachother while a storm of gunfire surrounded them. He saw the couple die at eachother's side, their last kiss shared in a widening pool of blood that leaked from their bodies. The music and story were so beautiful and sad that Frank felt his eyes pricking, but he kept playing, determined to see this song to the end.

"And as we're falling down, 
and in this pool of blood
And as we're touching hands, 
and as we're falling down
And in this pool of blood, 
and as we're falling down
I'll see your eyes, 
and in this pool of blood
I'll meet your eyes, 
I mean this 
forever."

When the song was finished, Gerard looked up from the picture and into Frank's eyes.

"Well," he asked. "What do you think?"

"I think I just died," Frank answered, his voice very soft. "And I think it's the saddest and best song that I've ever heard."

Gee smiled and moved closer to the couch and Frank. "I wrote it after we met Henry. I mean every word of it-"

And Frank was kissing Gee with a passion that he'd never felt before. He held himself dangerously close to the older man, feeling him respond and tasting skin of his jaw.

"Frank!" Gee gasped, holding the back of Frank's head and forcing him back to his mouth.

"Bedroom. Now," Frank panted. Gee nodded and fumbled with his boyfriend's shirt before pulling it over his head. Immediately after it was removed, the two men resumed kissing.

Somehow Frank managed to lead Gerard to the bed, where they collapsed in a mass of pale limbs and dark clothing. Hands explored bodies that they knew almost as well as their own, and the couple made love to the memory of their song.

-

Henry wasn't important anymore. Nothing was. As Frank cradled Gee's body in his arms, he didn't even look for the gun as it dropped from Henry's hand and onto the floor.

"Oh, SHIT!" Henry yelled, perhaps realizing just what he'd done. He ran out of the store and into a security cop. 

Frank heard yelling. He couldn't see anymore because there were too many tears in his eyes. His whole body rattled with sobs as he rocked back and forth with Gee's head in his arms.

"H-Ha-and in m-mine," he sang, his voice broken and rasping. "I-Into your icy bl-blues... And th-then I'd say to y-you..."

But he couldn't finish the song, because the whole time he could only see that final image; two black-haired men in a pool of scarlet blood, sharing their last kiss as their lives were ripped from their bodies.

:::::::::: Demolition Lovers ::::::::::
Sign up to rate and review this story