Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Learn to Fly

Learn to Fly - 7

by Poppana 10 reviews

Sequel to Fly Away, Dance on the Milky Way. Over a year has passed, and Gerard is reunited with his daughter Gia. She has a lot to hide, and Gerard finds that she has grown up and changed.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-12-10 - Updated: 2011-12-10 - 1704 words - Complete

5Exciting
A/N: This... Is gonna be so awkward... Forgive me, mighty gods of fanfiction.

Chapter 7: The Kill

Gia was in her room, getting ready to go to a fancy restaurant with her father. It was the last evening of Gerard’s stay, and he’d be going back to Belleville the very next morning. So, in order to spend a little more quality time with his daughter, Gerard wanted to take his daughter out to dinner.

Stella had taken the kids out, and Thomas was out somewhere. Gerard had gone to buy himself a new pack of cigarettes, as he had smoked all he had after that dreadful dinner experience with Sean the previous evening. And he was certain that as much as he loved his daughter, if he didn’t calm himself down, he’d spend the evening talking about what an asshole Sean is.

It was a rare moment that Gia was alone, and she was taking advantage of it. She had a cigarette loosely hanging from the corner of her mouth as she was deciding on what to wear on this father-daughter date. Every now and then she flicked the ashes out of the open window which also took care of the smell. Gia couldn’t believe her dad still hadn’t figured out she smokes. It’s not like she had gone to extremes to hide it. She was certain she, as well as all of her clothes, absolutely reeked of cigarettes.

The stereo in the corner of the room was blasting music at a high volume, which Gia had found to be very relaxing. Back in Belleville Gerard and Lindsey always had music playing in the background, no matter what they were doing, so Gia had picked up that habit from them.

But due to the loud music Gia didn’t hear someone entering the room, not before they had gotten a forceful hold of her neck. Gia knew immediately who it was. Thomas, who else. His free arm snaked around her middle body, captivating her so she couldn’t break free from his grasp.

“You thought you could get away with it?” Thomas asked, forcing her to turn around so she was facing him.

“With what?” Gia asked, glaring up at him. He was a lot taller than she was.

“With fucking Sean. I saw you two in the kitchen during the dinner. You’re really too careless, you know,” he hissed. “It would be a shame if your father found out.”

Gia remained silent. Thomas scared her, but she wasn’t about to let it show. She had too much pride to let him know he was getting to her. Because he was, and he made her worry that he actually might let Gerard know. Also she knew he couldn’t physically harm her, at least not too visibly. As much as he threatened to reveal her secret, he was too worried about his own. But the problem was that he knew that Gia would do her best to hide every bruise if it meant that she could keep her father in the dark.

“Do you think he’d want someone like you in his family?” Thomas continued. “A whore like you, no one wants you.”

“You don’t know anything about me,” Gia snapped before she could help herself.

“Oh but I do,” Thomas said. “I know all too well who you are. Don’t you think I can’t hear you two at night when he sneaks up here and fucks you right there on that bed? You try to be quiet but I hear the bed squeaking, the bedpost against the wall, when you moan and beg for him to go faster and har—“

“Shut up!” Gia shouted, not wanting to hear it anymore. He had had a strong grip on her arm, but she pulled it back with force. Of course, that’s just what he wanted. He wanted a reaction, for her to shout at him, so he’d have a reason to hit her.

“You bitch, don’t talk back at me,” he shouted and grabbed her by her head, slamming it with power against the wall. The impact made Gia’s head woozy, and she slid against the wall down to the floor, holding her head. Tears were threatening to fall from her eyes, but she forced herself not to cry. She was in pain, but it was nothing compared to the satisfaction Thomas would get from her tears.

"You know how long I have been waiting to do that? Seriously. Your dad let you come here without much of a fight, after all. He did drugs when you were little and now here you are. I bet he quit because he knew he was able to get away from you. He is probably happy he can start over. He got rid of you, the screw up."

Thomas stood before her for a moment, panting, just staring down at her. Finally he grabbed a fistful of hair and pulled her up from the floor. Gia winced in pain, not being able to help it, but looked him, as if to challenge him to do something worse.

He did do something worse. With one swift movement, his fist dug into her stomach, and if he wasn’t holding her up by her hair, she would’ve doubled over from the pain. Now she would’ve done anything for him to release her.

Her wish came true.

“What the fuck is going on in here?” Gerard said in a demanding voice. Clearly at first he was confused, shocked, as he watched the scene before him. His daughter, clearly in pain, with tears rolling down her cheeks, with her stepfather standing in front of her, clearly causing her pain. When it sunk in and he was no longer in a state of complete disbelief, Gerard felt rage like he had never felt before.

He only had one goal, and that was to protect his daughter. That made Gerard dash towards the man whom he had thought he could trust, pushed him away from Gia, and punched him right on the nose.

Due to the pure white pain on his face, Thomas instantly knew that his nose was broken, and he fell to the floor. Gerard didn’t look all that strong, but the man sure could throw a punch.

Gia watched in horror as her father landed a punch after another on Thomas’ face, and she gasped when she saw the blood. She didn’t know what to do. She wanted him to stop, but out of the state of shock she was in, she was unable to act.

After a few well-aimed punches, Gerard was panting. Thomas saw this as a chance to break free, and he pushed the man off of him. Quickly Thomas stood up, and was about to strike at Gerard to get his revenge, not even caring about the amount of pain he was in, but Gia couldn’t let this fight go on.

Before Thomas could hit him, Gia stepped in front of him, shouting at them to stop it. So the hit that was meant for Gerard landed right on Gia’s face. Thomas had hit her before, but this one had much more power, and Gia felt a throbbing pain on her left cheekbone and corner of her eye.

But she had no time to think about the pain, as her father had gotten over the shock and was even more furious than before.

“Don’t!” Gia shouted, knowing that she couldn’t let them continue like this. The only way to get them to stop was to stay between them. So, having no other option, Gia forced her father to stay back and not do anything by wrapping her arms around Gerard’s torso. She knew he wouldn’t push her away, so he was trapped and unable to move.

Thomas stood his ground, staring challengingly back at Gerard. The two men panted heavily, and Gia swore she could hear Gerard’s heart beating like a drum. He was so enraged that he was practically shaking.

Gia finally dared to look up at her dad, pleading with her eyes for him to not do anything. “Dad?” she asked with a quiet voice.

“Let’s go,” Gerard said, and with venom practically dripping from his voice, he said to Thomas: “Stay away from my daughter.”

Without explaining her where they were going, Gerard grabbed Gia’s hand and pulled her along as he left the room. Gia nearly tripped over her steps when he dragged her down the stairs and out of the house, and to his car that was parked on the driveway.

“Get in,” Gerard demanded, and Gia didn’t dare to question him.

Without a word, she sat down on the passenger seat. She had no idea where they were going, but she knew that it couldn’t be good. When he was upset, Gerard had a habit of doing something stupid.

Now that the situation was over, the pain came crashing down on Gia. Her scalp was throbbing, her eye was on fire and she felt like vomiting because of the pain from the blow on her stomach. The pain was incredible, but Gia didn’t want her dad to know that. He looked upset enough as it is.

She glanced at him and saw that his eyes were straight on the road as he drove, and his hands were gripping on the wheel so tight that his knuckles turned white.

They spent a long time in silence, and Gia stared out of the window. When she realized that they were exiting the town she lived in, she got concerned. Still afraid to speak to her father, Gia only glanced at him.

“I’m taking you back home,” Gerard said, and Gia heard from his voice that he was still angry.

“But… home is the other way,” Gia argued.

Gerard shook his head. “No. It’s not.”

When Gia understood what he meant, she looked at him in shock. She couldn’t believe she was finally returning to Belleville, New Jersey.
Sign up to rate and review this story