Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It Isn't That Much Fun....

Well, we know it wasn't a suicide

by NeverYouMind 1 review

GERARD'S POV!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-12-11 - Updated: 2011-12-11 - 1361 words

0Unrated
Okay ima carry on with this :/ so yeah…ima try and end this soon, but I have stuff planned out in my head what I want to happen, so yeah I dunno how long itll take to finish it….okay have fun reading ^.^

Gerard’s POV

Gerard stood outside the hospital, having a cigarette, trying to calm himself down. After Stacie was out cold, Gerard wasn’t sure what to do…

He felt her body fall limp in his grip. He held her up, stopping her from hitting the floor.
He tried to keep calm and think as clearly as he could.
She came in stoned, got sick, then clutched her stomach, then coughed out blood.
Maybe he should call 911, or bring her to the school nurse...
He decided to do both. He lay Stacie down on the floor carefully and pulled out his phone from his pocket. He dialled the three numbers and waited.
“Emergency services.” Came the voice of a woman on the other end of the line.
Gerard’s mouth was agape, but the words wouldn’t come out.
“Hello?” responded the lady again.
Gerard didn’t know what to say once he’d found his voice. He’d only ever called 911 when he thought his brother was having an asthma attack, but that was when he was 11, this is five years later.
“M-my friend, she’s been coughing out blood and…and she’s f-fainted.” Gerard stuttered. He was on the verge of tears. She’ll be okay, right?
“Okay calm down young man, where are you?” asked the lady.
“Bellville High.” Gerard said, clearly.
“Okay, we’re sending the ambulance down now. They should arrive soon.” She replied.
“Thank you.” He mumbled, then hung up the phone.
He picked up Stacie’s body from the floor, bridal style, and carried her to the nurse’s office.

**

Gerard sat in the back of the ambulance with Stacie. She had a gas mask on and was plugged into a machine to check her heart or something. Gerard held her hand, more for his own sake than hers. He wanted to know she was okay, hoping that she’d respond somehow, squeeze his hand back maybe. But she didn’t, she was cold, colder than usual.

**

Gerard tried to walk as fast as he could to keep up with the doctors and nurses who were pushing Stacie. One doctor was explaining to another doctor what was wrong with her and what had happened.
One of them turned to Gerard. “Was there anything unusual about her this morning?” he asked.
Gerard didn’t know what to say. She was stoned yeah, but she’d been stoned before. This time she was so much more than usual, which makes that unusual, right? “Uh…yeah. She came in stoned, but she’d been stoned before, but this time, she was much more out of it than she usually was.” Gerard said, worried that because he’d mentioned the possible use of drugs, the doctors wouldn’t try as hard to save her, and just leave her, because it was her own fault.
The doctor nodded. “Do you know what she might have been on?”
Gerard thought for a moment, she had weed the other day, would it have been cannabis again? “Uh…I'm not sure. I know she’s had cannabis a few times, so it might be that.” He knew cannabis couldn’t kill you, it wasn’t as bad as cocaine or anything like that, cannabis was just like smoking, which couldn’t kill you.
The doctor nodded again. “Okay thank you Mr. Way, we’ll do what we can to keep her healthy.”
As soon as the doctor finished speaking, they ran through a set of double doors, which Gerard wasn’t allowed to pass. He protested, but a few nurses held him back and calmed him down, explaining to him that there was no way he was allowed to pass them doors during an emergency.


Gerard threw the cigarette on the ground, not bothering to stamp on it since it was raining.
He walked back into the hospital and sat outside the double doors, just staring at them, hoping someone would emerge.
Half an hour later, a nurse came out and approached Gerard. “Mr. Way, yes?” she asked.
Gerard nodded.
“I take it you’re a friend of Stacie Gillette?”
He nodded again.
“Take a seat, sir.” She gestured to the seats behind him, and sat down beside him once he’d taken a seat. “We didn’t have anyone else to talk to about Stacie last time.” She said, smiling at Gerard.
Gerard just nodded again. He just wanted her to tell her than he was able to go see Stacie now and that she was alright.
“So we have to ask you a few questions.” She said again.
Gerard just nodded – again.
“Are you close with Stacie?” she asked.
Gerard shrugged. “I like to think so. She doesn’t really like to tell me things though.”
This time she nodded. “Does she have a good home life?”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, we’ve discovered that she has self-mutilated, and was wondering if you knew why?” she asked, asking the uneasy question.
Gerard shook his head. “She wouldn’t tell me. I don’t think she can trust people.” Gerard looked down, realising that if Stacie didn’t trust people, she didn’t trust him.
The nurse nodded. “Okay, what is she like towards her guardian?”
Gerard looked up. What did he mean by guardian?
“Her step-father.” The nurse added.
Gerard nodded. “Well, I think she’s scared of him. Because she always seems to panic when he’s home.” Gerard said, looking down. He just wanted to ask Stacie so many questions now. Why didn’t the nurse ask about her mother?
The nurse nodded again. “Thank you Mr. Way, we’ll talk to Stacie about this when she wakes up.”
Gerard felt his hopes rise. This meant that she definitely was going to wake up. “So is she okay?”
The nurse nodded. “She’s just sleeping now. We found a lot of cannabis in her system – way over the amount anyone would take – and because cannabis can’t kill you, there needs to be a reason as to why she took so much, because it couldn’t have been an attempted suicide.”
Gerard smiled. As long as she was okay, that’s all that mattered.
“But she has a broken rib and severe bruising around her stomach. Do you know what might have caused that? It was a very recent injury.” She asked, looking down at her clipboard.
He thought a moment. “Oh, she fell down the stairs last night. I called her and she told me.”
The nursed raised her eyebrow.
Didn’t she believe him? That is definitely what she told him last night. “Basically, she was ‘round mine last night, then went home. I called her to make sure she was okay and safely home. The first time she didn’t answer, but the second time she did. She told me that she felt ill and that she fell down the stairs trying to catch her phone. She sounded winded so it must have been true.” Gerard explained.
The nurse sighed. “Even if that were true, the injuries she received can’t just be from falling down the stairs. We’ll ask her when she wakes up.” She said. Then turned around to walk through the doors.
“Wait!” Gerard called.
The nurse turned around.
“Can I see her please? I just really wanna know she’s okay.” Gerard asked, standing up.
The nurse sighed and shook her head. “I’m afraid not, we just need to run a few more tests then we’ll call you.”
Gerard nodded and lowered his head, sitting back down. “Okay.” He mumbled.
The nurse walked back behind the double doors, leaving Gerard with his thoughts. He took his phone out and called Frank.

yeah this story is kinda shit :/ and I hardly update cus I'm flooded with school work :’( I have sixth form. Okay buhbye
Sign up to rate and review this story