Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Orphan

Two months later…

“Hey Gee,” Lyn-z whispered, bending down next to Gerard’s grave. Gabriella and Ryan were at their uncle Mikey’s house like they usually were when Lyn-z went to visit Gerard. She’d tried to bring them both once but they just got upset “I can’t believe it’s been two months since I last saw you. I hate knowing that we were arguing so much just before you died.”
Lyn-z took a deep breath “I don’t blame you for not believing me you know. If the same thing had been happening to you, I wouldn’t have believed you either. How could one small girl have caused so much trouble?” Lyn-z laughed under her breath “Though I guess she wasn’t a small girl, was she?”
Lyn-z sat down on the grass, her arm round Gerard’s grave stone. An elderly couple walked past and looked at her like she was a freak but Lyn-z didn’t care “The kids are doing fine too. Ryan’s up and walking again, Gabriella is doing brilliantly in school. They’re not too keen on living in our new flat but how could I stay in that house Gerard? Knowing that you died at the bottom of the stairs… Besides, Emily’s still in that lake.”
Lyn-z leaned her head on the grave “I love you Gerard and I don’t know how I’m ever gonna get over you. Guys keep telling me their interested but I just can’t. Ryan and Gabriella would hate me forever and I think I’d hate me forever too. They’re not like you Gerard. You were so artistic, smart and creative. I was so lucky to have you. All these other guys… Well, they just don’t compare.”
Lyn-z’s eyes filled with tears and she looked down “We shouldn’t have adopted. Why did we even need a third child? I know Jessica’s death was upsetting for all of us but why couldn’t we have been happy with our own two children? Emily ruined everything. Not just for me, but I’m worried about the kids. I’ve started taking them to a new therapist. I can’t stand that old one, knowing that she was part of the equation that pulled us apart.”
Finally the tears started falling down Lyn-z’s cheeks and she took a shaky breath “Maybe it’s my fault. I should’ve tried harder to convince you. I should’ve got Gabriella and Ryan to just tell me what was going on. Why couldn’t I take care of my own children? But don’t worry Gerard, I don’t blame you. You were a brilliant Father and the best husband in the world.”
Lyn-z got to her feet, leaving a bouquet of roses on Gerard’s grave “I’ve gotta go now Gee. The kids will be waiting for me. I love you Gerard and I always will. But you and I both know that one day; I’m going to have to move on.” Lyn-z took of wedding ring and placed it in amongst the flowers “I guess I’d better start now. You’ll always be the greatest guy I ever met.”
Lyn-z smiled, waved and then turned away.
Sign up to rate and review this story