Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're Just Two Men As God Had Made Us

Chapter 4

by sixbucksandadrpepper 0 reviews

Chapter 4

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-12-15 - Updated: 2011-12-16 - 961 words - Complete

0Unrated

Chapter 4

"Well that went well," Gerard commented a few minutes later as we were heading to the car, hand in hand. Ilooked up at him. I was still in shock about what had happened.

"I think it did," I replied."Gerard?"

"Mm?"

"Why did you do that?"

He stopped and turned to me, dropping his cigarette butt on the ground. He snuffed out the glowing tip with the toe of his boot. "Why did I do that? I dunno, maybe just because I love you and I want to be with you forever." He peered at me from under his long feminine lashes. "Are you upset I did it that way?"

I shook my head quickly. I didn't want him to think I was unhappy. "No, not at all! I just couldn't believe you did that."

Gerard grinned slyly. "Surprised you, huh? It was sort of a last minute thing. I knew I wanted to propose, but Ididn't know when or where."

"Well, I'm sure glad you did."

"Me too."We started walking again.

"Oh, and Gee?"

"Yes, love?"

"Why do we have to go to Canada?"Gerard was silent for a moment, and then he started laughing. And he couldn't seem to stop.

I was confused. "What are you on about?"

"Oh nothing.I just love you so fucking much is all. And we don't have to go to Canada. I don't need a piece of godamn paper to tell me that I'm married. As far as I'm concerned, we're already married!"

"Ohhh." I finally remembered. Same sex marriage laws. We still couldn't technically marry. It was whatever though. My views were the same as Gee's. We were already married. "Hey, where's your ring?" I asked. I remembered that I hadn't noticed him wearing one.

"Right... here." Gerard reached under the collar of his black shirt and drew out a silver ring identical to the one he'd given me. It dangled from a thin chain. "I didn't want to put it on until I'd given you yours. But now I can." He unclasped the chain and pulled the ring off of it. Before putting it on his finger, he paused. "Take yours off. Look at the inside. Read what's there."

I did as I was told. It was difficult to read in this low light, so I hurried the rest of the way to the car (only a few feet) and hopped in. I raised the ring to my eye level, and noticed the small letters inscribed in the silver. "'till my dying day" was scrawled there in a neat script. Godammit. He was perfect. I looked up to see Gerard sitting in the passenger seat, looking at me. He gave me a toothy grin and held up his ring for me to see. It had the same words engraved on the inside. Without hesitation, I lunged forward and threw my arms around his neck. He hugged me tight and kissed the top of my head.

"I love you, Gerard Way," I whispered.

"I love you too. Now let's go meet the boys."

Fifteen minutes later, Gerard and Ibegan our walk through the hotel parking lot. It was cold out, but the night sky was clear. Our breath made small clouds of fog in front of us, and Gerard's cigarette glowed brightly.

"Okay, Gee. You know that everyone's going to be drinking, right? Are you going to be okay?" I was honestly worried about the fact of Gerard being around everyone when they were drunk. There was no telling what he'd do.

"Frankie, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me. And besides, this is our engagement party! It won't hurt me if I have just a couple drinks," he said, squeezing my hand. Now, I didn't know much about how alcoholism worked. But Gerard said this so persuasively that I really did believe him. I didn't know any better.

"Well, I suppose. But promise me you won't get drunk off your ass, okay?"

He grinned. "Promise, babe. Don't worry."

"Alright.Let's go in now. I'm freezing." I poked my tongue out at him and he laughed, giving me a quick hug.

Gerard and I hurried into the hotel to escape the cold and join the party. As soon as we got inside the room that Ray, Mikey, and Bob were sharing, we were greeted by a large group, who (having already had a considerable amount to drink, mind you) shouted cheerfully at the sight of Gerard and I holding hands.

"There's the newlyweds!" Mikey called, seeming to have forgotten his objections from earlier. The smell of alcohol in the room was overwhelming, even for me. Icould imagine how it was for Gerard. I looked up at him. He was already eyeing the counter where all the boos were sitting. I felt my stomach tighten. We shouldn't be here. He was going to get wasted, and... you know what? Fuck it. I decided to stop worrying. Gerard wasn't a little kid. I didn't need to babysit him. And besides, as long as he didn't start drinking all the time again, he could have fun every once in a while. And so could I, since I didn't have to worry anymore. I released his hand from my grip and began greeting everyone. Gerard wandered over to the counter. It was at this point where I lost tabs on him.

As I wandered the hotel room, I was stopped by different members of our crew, congratulating me on my engagement. Ithanked them all politely. I wasn't sure exactly who I was looking for, but Ikept mingling anyhow. I guess I just didn't want to watch Gerard do the inevitable: get wasted. Although I had consciously decided not to worry, it still bothered me.
Sign up to rate and review this story