Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're Just Two Men As God Had Made Us

Chapter 12

by sixbucksandadrpepper 0 reviews

Chapter 12

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-12-15 - Updated: 2011-12-16 - 1208 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 12

Gerard's POV

I lay on my back in our new bed, in our new house, next to a sleeping Frankie. Lord knows I should be totally and completely happy. But I couldn't keep the tears from rolling down my cheeks. As Frankie slept beside me, it finally hit me. I mean, the gravity of my situation. And now I couldn't stop crying. I never cried. I tried to hold the sobs back so that I wouldn't wake Frank, but all I managed to do was splutter and gasp for breath. I couldn't stay here. I needed to get up and write. My fingers itched to grab hold of a pen and begin the new album. I knew exactly what the first song I would write would be called, just like I knew exactly the lyrics I wanted to write.

I pulled myself out of bed, still sniffling pathetically, and searched for my notebook and pen that I had left underneath my side of the bed. I went to push back my hair, forgetting it was pretty much gone. That killed me. I reached for the notebook and then straightened. I settled myself down into a chair in the corner of the room and put my pen to the paper, letting my words flow freely.

Now I know that I can't make you stay. But where's your heart? But where's your heart? But where's your...? And I know there's nothing I can say to change that part. To change that part. To change...

So many bright lights, they cast ashadow. But can I speak? Well, is it hard understanding I'm incomplete? A life that's so demanding, I get so weak. A love that's so demanding, I can't speak.

I am not afraid to keep on living. I am not afraid to walk this world alone. Honey if you stay, I'll be forgiven. Nothing you can say can stop me going home.

Can you see my eyes are shining bright? 'Cause I'm out here on the other side of a jet black hotel mirror and I'm so weak. Is it hard understanding I'm incomplete? A love that's so demanding, I get weak.

I am not afraid to keep on living. I am not afraid to walk this world alone. Honey if you stay, I'll be forgiven. Nothing you can say can stop me going home.

I am not afraid to keep on living. I am not afraid to walk this world alone. Honey if you stay, I'll be forgiven. Nothing you can say can stop me going home.

These bright lights have always blinded me. These bright lights have always blinded me. I say...

I see you lying next to me, with words I thought I'd never speak. Awake and unafraid. Asleep or dead.

(How can I see, I see you lying) 'Cause I see you lying next to me. (How can I see, I see you lying) With words I thought I'd never speak. (How can I see, I see you lying) Awake and unafraid. (How can I see, I see you lying) Asleep or dead.

'Cause I see you lying next to me, with words I thought I'd never speak. Awake and unafraid. Asleep or dead.

'Cause I see you lying next to me, with words I thought I'd never speak. Awake and unafraid. Asleep or dead.

I am not afraid to keep on living. I am not afraid to walk this world alone (Or dead). Honey if you stay, I'll be forgiven. Nothing you can say can stop me going home (Or dead).

I am not afraid to keep on living. I am not afraid to walk this world alone (Or dead). Honey if you stay, I'll be forgiven. Nothing you can say can stop me going home (Or dead).

I am not afraid to keep on living. I am not afraid to walk this world alone (Or dead). Honey if you stay, I'll be forgiven. Nothing you can say can stop me going home.

I put down my pen and dropped back deeper into the chair. The tears of before had stopped falling as I finished the song. In a way, this song was a bit of closure for me. I had a feeling those would be some of the last tears I cried for myself.

Frank's POV

I woke the next morning to find the bed next to me cold and empty. I sat up, my eyes searching for Gerard. Ispotted him in the chair across the room, asleep. He held a black notebook in his hand. Being the curious fuck that I am, I immediately got up and wandered over to him, carefully prying the notebook from his grasp and flipping it open. Inside, only the first page was used, front and back. On that page, in Gee's messy handwriting, lyrics to a song I didn't recognize were scrawled. It was beautiful. After reading what I presumed to be a song from what Gerard wanted to be our next album, I went and fetched my acoustic guitar. I wanted to start chords for this. It was that good.

Sitting in the other room with my guitar and Gee's notebook, I heard him wake up. He began coughing violently, this great, hacking dry cough. I frowned. That didn't sound like an ordinary cough you'd get from a cold. But he insisted that's all it was, so not much more I could say. A few seconds later, Gerard padded into the room, rubbing his chest as if it hurt. When he saw the notebook lying open at my feet, he grinned.

"I see you've found the first song for the album," he said cheerfully. I nodded.

"It's so good, Gee, really. What is your plan for the rest of it? Are we making it a concept album? I've always wanted to do one of those..."

A look of something I couldn't quite place passed over his face. Sadness? Pain? It was a mixture of many things, Isuppose. I wondered what was up with that, but the look was gone before I could think much of it. Now Gerard was nodding.

"Yeah, I have the whole thing planned in my head. I want it to be a concept album of death, the afterlife, and such. It'll be called the Black Parade, I think. What do you say?"

A concept album about death? Was it just me or was this all too close to him going to the hospital and being sick, or...? Was he the one dying? No, he'd tell me. And he wouldn't be so, I dunno, happy right now. Maybe that trip to the hospital just triggered his imagination. Yeah.

"It sounds great, babe. I love the idea. Hurry up and write it so we can take the lyrics to Ray, Mikey, and Bob to start coming up with the drum and guitar parts. Then we can record!" I said with enthusiasm. He smiled and bent down to kiss me.

"Well hand over my notebook so I can write," he said playfully, snatching the item in question off of the ground and stalking away to the room he had deemed his for creative purposes. I heard him muttering to himself something about his cigarettes.



Sign up to rate and review this story