Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're Just Two Men As God Had Made Us

Chapter 13

by sixbucksandadrpepper 0 reviews

Chapter 13

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-12-15 - Updated: 2011-12-16 - 729 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 13

Gerard's POV

After discussing the album with Frank, I holed myself up for a few hours in my room to write. I had been chain smoking too. It helps me to think. I'm sure it's not the smartest thing to be doing, considering I already have second stage lung cancer, but in my mind the damage has already been done. But now, after a full pack in a short time, it was becoming painful to continue smoking. Each time I inhaled more of that deadly nicotine filled smoke, my throat and lungs burned painfully. When it became too much, I put out the cigarette I had been taking drags on and looked down at my notebook. I had finished the entire album, save for one song. I had even named all the songs: 'The End', 'Dead!', 'This Is How I Disappear', 'The Sharpest Lives', 'Welcome To The Black Parade', 'I Don't Love You', 'House Of Wolves', 'Mama', 'Sleep', 'Teenagers', 'Disenchanted', 'Famous Last Words', and even a couple others ('Blood', 'Bury Me In Black', 'Heaven Help Us', 'Kill All Your Friends', and 'My Way Home Is Through You'). I knew there was only one song I had left to write. It would be called 'Cancer'. I took a deep breath and put my pen to my paper on final time. This song was essentially my goodbye.

Turn away, if you could get me a drink of water, 'cause my lips are chapped and faded. Call my Aunt Marie. Help her gather all my things and bury me in all my favorite colors. My sisters and my brother, still I will not kiss you. 'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you.

Now turn away 'cause I'm awful just to see. 'Cause all my hair's abandoned, all my body, oh my agony. Know that Iwill never marry. Baby, I'm just soggy from the chemo, but counting down the days to go. It just ain't living. And I just hope you know that if you say goodbye today, I'd ask you to be true. 'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you.'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you.

My pen fell from my shaking hand and an awful, almost inhuman sob broke from my lips. I didn't know how I was going to be able to live through this year. I almost wanted it to be over, in away. I squeezed my eyes shut, refusing to let anymore tears fall. I wanted the pain and misery to be over. After a moment, I opened my eyes and slowly re-read my words. I really did have an Aunt Marie, but the boys didn't know about her. So I thought it'd be fitting to use her name. Oh, and that line about me never marrying? Not entirely true, because technically I was married. What I'd meant by that was that I'd never see the day that Frankie and I could legally get married in our own country. I stared at the song for another moment before snapping the notebook shut. The Black Parade was finished. That's the fastest I'd ever written anything. I guess when something is so real, the words just flow freely. I stood up, taking the notebook with me, and exited the room. Time to take the lyrics to Frank, Mikey, Ray, and Bob. I hoped they could bang out bass, guitar, and drum parts almost as quick as I had written. I needed to get this done.

Frank's POV

Gerard emerged from his room a few hours later, a cloud of smoke seemingly surrounding him. He looked at me triumphantly.

"It's done," he announced, grabbing me and spinning me around before kissing me roughly. I giggled before pushing him away. He tasted way too strongly of those cigarettes he'd smoked.

"I think that's the fastest you've ever written an album," I mused.

Gerard shrugged. "It was all already in my head. All I had to do was write it down." I smiled up at him. It was good to see him so happy.

"When are you gonna take it to the rest of the boys?" I asked.

"Tomorrow, first thing. I would like to get this recorded as soon as possible."

"Why the rush?"

"No reason. I just think it's going to be brilliant when it's done."

I grinned. His enthusiasm was infectious.
Sign up to rate and review this story