Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're Just Two Men As God Had Made Us

Chapter 14

by sixbucksandadrpepper 0 reviews

Chapter 14

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-12-15 - Updated: 2011-12-16 - 1078 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 14



A/N: Hi there. If you've read to this point, bravo. I applaud you for sticking with me. I'm sorry if I haven't been doing much writing on Frank's POV. It's easier to just stick to Gerard's, considering. Okie dokie that is all :3



Gerard's POV

Quite a few weeks passed, and slowly but surely the album was coming together. The rhythm guitar and bass guitar parts for all the songs were completely finished, and lead guitar and drums only had a few more things that needed to be worked out. It may seem as though we were rushing it, but I was impatient to get everything finished so we could record. In my weekly visits to Dr. Lee (I told Frankie I was visiting one friend or another when I went), he told me that the chemo pills weren't helping prolong the cancer spread as he would like. He upped my dosage, which began to make me extremely sick. During the first week of having the higher dose, I was throwing up all the time and I felt nauseous every time I even moved. When Ireturned to Lee at the next appointment, he told me that there hadn't been any noted progress and that he was afraid I wouldn't even quite have six months left. Which meant my time was almost halfway up. So you can see my urgency to get my final words in through The Black Parade. Finally one day the boys came to me and told me all the parts were finished. All we had to do was record. This was at my three and a half month mark.

We entered the studio and began recording in April 2006, a few days after my twenty ninth birthday. The drum, guitar, and bass tracks were recorded first, over the course of two weeks. It was the fastest we'd ever recorded anything. During this time, I was at the studio every day to watch the progress of the tracks and to keep my mind off of, you know. On the third week, all of the other background music was put with the guitar, bass, and drum tracks. That took three days. Now all that was left was for me to sing. I began the vocal tracks at my four month mark (I have six, remember?). The boys stayed in the studio throughout the whole time the vocals were recorded. When I was in the booth, I could feel Frank's eyes glued to me. I would shut my own eyes as I sang so that I wouldn't have to be reminded of all the people I was leaving behind.

On the last day of recording, somewhere near the middle of June, I only had one song left to sing: 'Cancer'. I had wanted to save this song for last, because like I said before when I was writing it, it was my goodbye. This would be the last song I would ever sing. Ionly had about one month left, and I was starting to really feel the cancer taking its toll on my body. I would wake up feeling completely and utterly exhausted, like I had not slept at all. I think Frank was even noticing achange in me. I mean, we used to you know, having sex whenever we could, but Iwas even getting to the point where I couldn't go for very long at all. I would start gasping for breath and start shaking with exhaustion. Frank would always hold me tight as I shook, and then ask me if I was alright. There were so many times when I just wanted to burst into tears and tell him that no, I wasn't okay. But I never did. I wouldn't be able to do that to him. Although, there was that voice in the back of my head, telling me that it would be better to warm Frank, instead of spring it on him in my last few days.

Ray, Mikey, Frank, and even Bob were gathered outside of the booth at the studio, waiting for me to begin singing. As for me, I was standing at the mic, with my headphones on, ready to go. For no apparent reason, my heart was pounding and my palms were sweaty. It was really hitting me hard: the fact that this was the last time I'd ever sing for my band, for anyone. The fact that I was saying goodbye to everyone I loved, and they didn't even know it.

I raised my head and nodded to the man sitting behind the audio controls. I was ready. I heard the click in my headphones and breathed in. My chest tightened and my dry, sore throat throbbed painfully as I began to sing.

"Turn away..."

I kept my eyes shut the entire time, letting myself become lost in my words of farewell. Near the end, on the last phrase, the tears began pushing against my eyelids and my voice nearly broke.

"'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you." My voice cracked with emotion on the last note. I heard the ending click of the track in my ears and stepped back, looking up. The sight of the boys looking in the window of the booth, watching me, met my eyes. I looked straight to Frank, and I felt a single tear slide down my cheek. I didn't bother to wipe it away. When I stepped from the booth, the boys surrounded me, talking excitedly.

"We finished a whole fucking album in two and a half months!" Mikey gushed, shoving his glasses up his nose. Ray and Bob chimed in, expressing their happiness. I noticed that Frank was oddly quiet. And then:

"Did you start crying at the end of the song?" he asked.

"I- yes, I did. I don't know why, but that song always gets me every time," I lied. Well, it wasn't completely alie. Frank narrowed his eyes, but left it at that.

"Well. We've got ourselves afinished album! When are we going to release it?" Ray asked, looking at all of us.

"I think it should be Gee's call. Imean, he's the one who got it rolling," Mikey piped up.

I shot my brother a grateful smile."I'd like that."

"That's it then," Ray said. "So Gerard, just give the word and we'll release it."

I nodded.

"Well that's it then. C'mon babe, let's go home." Frank grabbed my hand and we left together.
Sign up to rate and review this story