Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're Just Two Men As God Had Made Us

Chapter 15

by sixbucksandadrpepper 0 reviews

Chapter 15

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-12-15 - Updated: 2011-12-16 - 678 words - Complete

0Unrated

Chapter 15

Monday, Gerard's POV

"Gee?"

I opened my eyes to see Frank standing hesitantly by the bedroom door. I had been resting, feeling totally exhausted after this morning. Like I said before, I'm getting so weak now.

"Yeah, babe?" I said, my voice coming out scratchy and weak.

"I um... I needed to know if it'd be alright if I left for a couple days. One of my cousins is getting married, and he asked me to be the best man." Frank stood there, looking uncomfortable. "I'd have to fly to California, so I'd be gone for a week or so."

I felt like the walls were closing in around me. No. Frankie couldn't leave me, not now. Not with me only having acouple days left. But I couldn't say anything. I had promised myself Iwouldn't. I had to let him go.

"Wh- when do you leave?"

Frank shifted, eyes downcast. " A few minutes."

I squeezed my eyes shut tight. This was really happening. He was leaving me.

Let him go, Gerard. It's better if he doesn't see you like that in the hospital. You've got to let go. You can't be here to protect him forever. Free him, free yourself. It's time, Gerard.

I opened my eyes and nodded tiredly."Go. You have to be there. Just come here and give me a kiss goodbye before you go." As he stepped over to me, he looked concerned.

"Are you sure you're alright? I know I've been asking that a lot, but honestly. I'm worried. Maybe you should see adoctor again."

I shook my head. "I'm just tired, is all. Now you need to get going." Frank hesitated, but leaned down and placed akiss on my dry, chapped lips. In any other occasion, I would've grabbed him and ravaged him right then. But I couldn't. I was too weak. I kissed him back lightly. A kiss so soft, so small, but still filled with all my love for him. He drew back and smiled softly, touching my cheek with his hand.

"I love you, Gee. I'll see you in afew days." And with that, he was gone. When I heard the slam of the front door, the long held back tears rushed forth, spilling onto my cheeks. The dull throb in my chest heightened. So this is what they call heartbreak.

"Frankie. I love you more than you will ever know. I'm sorry," I sobbed. I lay there weeping until I had no more tears. When I could cry no longer, I lay on my back and whispered, "Goodbye to you, my love."

Tuesday morning, California time. Frank's POV

I had arrived in California without a hitch, and I wanted to talk to Gerard. So I dialed his cell. When there was no answer, I called the house phone. When there was still no answer, I began to worry. He should be home. It was only about noon there. What if he was really sick, and I wasn't there for him? I decided to call Mikey. Maybe he could go over to our house and check on Gee. He had one of our spare keys, after all.

Mikey answered on the second ring, and I immediately bombarded him.

"Mikey, it's Frank. You have to go over to our place and check on Gerard. He's been sick lately, and he's not answering his cell or the house phone. I'm in California for a wedding, and I'm worried."

"Calm down, Frank. I'm sure he's fine. If he's sick, he's probably just asleep. But I'll go. I'll call your cell when I get there."

"Okay."

I paced the hotel room until I felt my phone vibrate. I answered immediately.

"Is he okay?" I demanded.

"I just let myself in. I'm on my way to his room."

My heart was pounding. I didn't have a good feeling about this.

"He's not here, but Frank," Mikey's breath caught. "There's a note on the bed."

"What does it say?"

Mikey let out a pained, strangled noise. "It says- oh god, Frank. It says goodbye."
Sign up to rate and review this story