Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Personal Stories:)

“I don’t want to rush you or anything, but could you step on it please?” Mikey asked “We’ve been driving for half-an-hour now… Are we anywhere near the army base?”
“I told you we’ll get there when we get there!” Ray snapped “God you two are like two bored children on a long car journey.”
“Well we kinda feel like that except we’re not bored, we’re terrified.” Alisha told him “Surely you can understand that.”
“Yes I can but you guys complaining won’t make us get there any faster, will it?” Ray rolled his eyes “Sorry, I’m just so tired and that makes me cranky.”
“I’d take over the wheel but I don’t know how to drive.” Mikey admitted “And I don’t think we should take our chances by walking.”
“Soon we won’t have a choice.” Ray sighed “We’re gonna run out of gas soon and we’re in the middle of nowhere. If we were in a town, I could hotwire another car. So I’m just hoping we find somewhere soon.”
“How many zombies do you think there are?” Alisha asked “Is it like a worldwide problem or just here?”
“We can’t be sure.” Ray replied “Maybe we’ll find out more when we get to the army base.”
There was silence for a long time. Until finally Mikey undid his seatbelt and slipped into the middle seat so he could sit next to Alisha “Are you okay Allie?”
“I’m so scared.” Alisha whispered “I don’t think we’re gonna make it.”
Mikey wrapped both his arms round her and kissed the top of her head “I think we’re gonna make it. And even if I don’t, you will.”
“I don’t wanna make it without you.”
“Listen to me Allie… If the zombie’s get me then do you promise to not give up?”
“But-“
“No, there’s no ‘buts.’” Mikey kissed her forehead “I want you to make it. So promise you won’t give up? No matter what.”
“Okay, I promise.” Alisha put her arms round his waist “But we’re both gonna make it. Because neither of us are gonna give up.”
“I know.” Mikey took a deep breath “Alisha, there’s something I gotta tell you.”
“What is it?”
“… I’m in love with you Allie.” Mikey muttered “I have been since I met you. You’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever met.”
“Really?” Alisha beamed. Mikey nodded “I love you too Mikey!”
“Aww how cute.” Ray said sarcastically from the front “Have either of you two noticed that the fucking car has stopped?”
Mikey and Alisha finally started paying attention and realised that the car had indeed stopped. “I guess it’s time for us to start walking.” Alisha said, her voice shaking slightly.
Ray opened the door and leaped out. Alisha and Mikey followed him out. “Hey look, I think I can see the army base from here!” Ray cried, pointing in the right direction.
Mikey and Alisha looked where he was pointing and saw what they were supposed to be looking at far away in the distance. “We’re nearly there!” Alisha cried, taking Mikey’s hand and pulling him towards it.
Ray followed them a few steps behind. “See, I told you we’d be okay.” Mikey whispered, putting his arm round her “And I don’t think there’s any zombies around here.”
“At least we’ve got each other.”
“I still wish Gerard was alive though.” Mikey admitted “He’d have known exactly what to say to make us feel better.”
“At least you know he’s safe now.”
“I suppose so.”
“Can we walk a bit faster?” Alisha asked “I’m really scared; I just wanna get there…”
Mikey and Alisha picked up the pace a bit “Is Ray okay?”
Mikey turned around to check on Ray “Alisha… Ray’s gone.”
Alisha stopped walking and turned around “What could’ve happened to him?”
Neither of them answered. They didn’t need to. They heard an un-human roar and didn’t stop to think. Mikey grabbed Alisha’s hand and they started running towards the army base as fast as their legs could carry them.
Sign up to rate and review this story