Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Twist of Fate

Prom?

by WeAreTheFallen 0 reviews

"You drive a hard bargain, Iero."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-12-21 - Updated: 2011-12-21 - 855 words - Complete

0Unrated
Senior year is coming to a close, prom announcements went out before spring break. I want to take Amber. We’ve always made fun of people at dances and once or twice gone as each others date mainly because we couldn’t find our own. It was always just a friendly thing. This will be the very first time we will go to a dance as an official couple. So as usual, I come up with a plan. Although I’m pretty positive Amber will agree to go I want me asking to be special for her.

I decide to ask on Saturday. I’ve told my mom my plans and she’s agreed to let me have my girlfriend come over. Amber comes over around eleven to watch a movie.

I keep my feet up on the coffee table, my arm around Amber. She is leaning against me. My mom is letting us have alone time. Although I’ve promised Amber that my mother still adores her she still feels embarrassed. It’s probably best that my mom isn’t hovering.

“I have a present for you,” I tell Amber after our movie is over.

“Oh yeah?” she asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Mm-hmm, but you have to do something for me.”

“What’s that?”

“Come here.” I stand up and take her hand. Amber follows me into the kitchen. “Alright, close your eyes.” She pinches her eyes closed as I reach into the fridge to pull out the single white rose I’d gotten her. “Okay, you can open your eyes.”

Amber does, a smile spreading over her face, “What’s this for?”

As she reaches out to take the rose I pull is back, smiling, “You can only have it if you can answer a question for me.”

“What’s that?”

“Will you go to prom with me?”

Amber’s eyes grow wide, “Prom?”

“Yeah, it’s like a week away but I want you to be my date.”

Amber smiles, “Am I allowed to go?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well… the school didn’t want me there, plus the whole Devlin thing.”

“They didn’t ban you from the school and there’s no restraining orders or anything. You’re allowed to come.”

“Then I’d love to be your prom date.”

I smile and hand my girlfriend the rose, “Then it’s all yours.”

“You drive a hard bargain, Iero.” I pull her into my arms and kiss her on the lips.

“I have something else for you too. C’mon.”

I take her hand and lead her up the stairs to my bedroom. Although I’m fully aware I’m not supposed to, I close the bedroom door. Amber sits down on the bed, her eyes closed. Leaving her there I go over to my closet, retrieving my second gift. Sitting down next to Amber I slid the silver bracelet onto her wrist.

“Okay, you can open them.”

Amber looks down at her wrist. The bracelet is an Italian style charm bracelet with little squares where the charms hook in. I lift her wrist to show her the charms I’d already put on. “BFF, for the obvious reason, a snowflake because you love them, an ‘F’ and an ‘A’ and the little heart to remind you how much I love you.”

“What’s this for?”

“I love you.”

Amber laughs, “Well…I love you too.”

I smile and kiss her quickly, “I felt like the birthday gift I got you wasn’t that great. Plus I wanted to give you something else for no reason. I felt the need to spoil my girlfriend just a little.”


“Well I love it.”

“You can buy more charms and stuff for it too. These are just the ones I wanted for you.”

“I like them. Thank you,” Amber says, twisting the bracelet around her wrist a few times.

“No problem.” I kiss her again just as there is a knock on the door.

“Frankie?” my mom asks.

“Yeah, mom,” I answer.

“Did Amber go home?”

“No, she’s with me.”

“We had this talk, Frank.”

I sigh, standing up and opening the door, “I was just giving her the bracelet and the rose.”

“Did she accept?”

“Of course,” I answer with a smile.

“Well come back downstairs. I’ll put the rose back in the fridge until she goes home.”

“Alright, cool.”

Amber stands up, walking over to me. I take her hand as we follow my mom back down the stairs.

“Here honey, I’ll take this,” she says taking the rose again.

“Thank you,” Amber answers not making direct eye contact.

“No problem.”

My mom takes the rose into the kitchen as I lead Amber back to the living room so we can watch another movie. This time she curls up on the couch, using my lap as a pillow. She touches my leg with her hand as I run my fingers through her hair. It’s getting really long.

Amber sighs, “I love you so much, Frank.”

I smile, leaning down to kiss her cheek, “The feeling is mutual.”
Sign up to rate and review this story