Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dark Side Of The Moon

Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life.

by XxxFallenAngelXxxx 3 reviews

"it is not safe to leave this clearing,"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-12-21 - Updated: 2011-12-22 - 1344 words

0Unrated
Gerard`s pov
It was early one winters evening, the sun had set hours before, enveloping the familiar forest in a comforting, shadowy blanket of darkness. Mikey, my little, sometimes shy and timid younger brother is growling lightly as he bites playfully on my right ear, tugging the furry skin between his sharp snow white teeth. I roll my eyes and push him off of me gently, grinning a toothy grin as I see one of my best friends looking over at us from cross the forest clearing. Whining disappointedly Mikey runs away from me, yapping happily as he finds some leftover scraps of meat from earlier and begins to tuck in, tearing small chunks of flesh off of the dead animal.
“Gerard, over here you mutt!” My best friend, Ellora Rose Sutton, or Rosie, as I sometimes called her when I felt like irritating the sandy furred wolf girl.
“Hey! I ain`t a mutt! You’re just a mean bitch that stinks of wet dog!” I yell at thin, browny-black eyed girl, hurrying over to her as fast as my long, agile furry legs could carry me.
“Hey mutt!” she grins and playfully nips my ear-the same one my brother had been biting- and lays down on the muddy ground.
“I told you, I`m not a mutt!” I yell, pretending to be really annoyed with my best friend, jumping on her and pretending to claw and bite her, tugging out a few strands of sand coloured, silky soft fur.
“Whatever.” she says dismissively, nudging me with her snout, alerting me to the presence of my parents, the alpha male and female of our pack.
I was destined to one day be the pack`s leader, and Ellora was going to be the alpha female. We had been told this a few years ago, and to tell the truth the situation was more than a little awkward seeing as we had been best friends ever since we were born. Don`t get me wrong, I loved the girl, and I thought se was pretty, what with her curly, silky blonde hair and beautiful eyes, but I only loved her as a friend. The thought of one day being with her, leading the pack and having children to carry on the bloodline, made me feel slightly sick. It didn`t feel right and besides, I wanted to be able to fall in love, just like anyone else could, and I knew that she felt the same. We didn’t want it to be dictated to us. But then again, we knew no different, it had been this way since before we were born.
“There’s your mama, look.” I whisper, nudging Ellora and raise one of my muddy front paws, pointing at the sandy haired wolf that was sat, looking a little uneasy next to my mother.
“Ellora Rose.” She calls, getting up, preparing to walk away back into the large wooden building that we werewolves lived in the middle of the forest clearing.
“Time for bed. We have important plans for the morning.”
Frowning slightly, Ellora gently licks my snout, mumbles a quiet goodbye and follows her mom into the building, her furry tail between her long, agile legs.
“Gerard, Mikey.“ we both groan quietly and walk over to our loving, but very strict, rule loving parents, knowing that we had to go to bed now as well, even though we were not tired and wanted to stay up and play under the moonlight.
“We have to speak to you both, it is of great importance.” Mom tells us in an emotionless tone, transforming into her human form, the dark brown wolf vanishing and becoming a youthful, pretty woman in her early thirties.
Frowning, we follow our parents, who nod at as and tell us too to transform. We do so, the slight stinging chill going up our spines as we do so, the familiar hot tingling sensation bursting though our bones as they change shape, becoming human.
By the time we had shifted, so had father, his jet black fur gone, replaced with ghostly pale skin, a slightly thinning patch of black on his head.
“Hunters have been sighted nearby, several of them. it is believed that they are currently trying to find new recruits to join them.” a shiver goes up my newly formed human spine. We werewolves were not loved by humans, those who knew of our existence anyway, which was not many, but it was enough to cause us fear. The hunters were vicious and brutal, without a kind bone on their body, hating us because we were different; wanting us dead because of something we were unable to control.
“we believe that they are in talks with Val`s human family, the-“
“Ieros.” I cut my father off, stupidly forgetting that we were not supposed to talk about our newest wolf’s former family. Not all wolves were born, as I, my brother and Ellora were, some were changed, but most werewolves were against biting humans. It was a cursed life, one shorter than that of a humans, full of nothing but shadows and moonlight, constantly hiding and shifting between two different worlds, not sure which one you truly belonged in.
My parents both narrow their eyes at me, frowning slightly. “Yes, them. we have good reason to believe that they are going to try and convince them to join them and hunt us, in a sort of twisted revenge for losing their only daughter.”
Val had been changed the summer just passed, she and her elder brother, the beautiful, dark haired Frank had wandered into out domain after sundown and had been attacked, Frank had escaped, she had not been so lucky, and had been bitten by a crazed werewolf. Our pack had found her and took her in, saving her from an almost certain slow and painful death.
“Gerard, we know that you have been outside of our boundaries, don`t try to lie to us.” I open my mouth, but no noise comes out. As I was not of age yet, being only thirteen and not yet fully grown, I like the other young wolves were to stay within the forest clearing, and well away from the human world. over the past weeks and month since Val had become one of us, I had been sneaking away for hours at a time to the edge of the forest, where our world met the human`s, where her brother, Frank would often sit and draw or write in a silver notebook. He would sit there for hours, alone, almost as though he was waiting for her. It was forbidden for me to do so, but I had become so captivated by the slightly younger boy, he was so pretty and to tell the truth he fascinated me, I had never seen a human child so close before.
“Gerard, we are not mad, but we do not want you to disobey us again, alright? These rules are for your safety, especially now with the hunters snooping around, it is not safe to leave this clearing. Do you understand Gerard?”
I nod, sadly, fighting back a few silent tears as I think about how I will not see Frank again if I am not lalowed out of the clearing.
“That goes for you too Mikey, okay? Do not leave the clearing.” We both nod, and begin making our way back to the wooden building that we all lived in, feeling as though as the excitement had been sucked out of everything.
As I curl up that night in my warm, soft bed I struggle to sleep. My mind filled with images of the pale skinned, brown haired boy, with his red puffy eyes and grief stricken, beautiful face. I had to see him again; I had to, no matter how much the danger. I know that the thought of the hunters should have scared me, but it didn’t, not as much as never seeing Frank again.
Sign up to rate and review this story