Categories > Original > Romance > Dancing with Death

Chapter 25

by Vampirechick1159 1 review

"No. This wasn't how it was supposed to go."

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-12-21 - Updated: 2011-12-22 - 466 words - Complete

0Unrated
Everything was fine until Saturday of that week.
I was just going for a walk. I headed down South B Street and I heard a very familiar voice.
“I’m not doing anything! Leave me alone!” Gerard said.
“That’s the problem. You’re about to do something. You’re getting too many rebellious thoughts. We can’t have that. So, as a punishment, I want you to kill your precious Sammy,” Lucifer laughed, licking his lips.
“Her name is Samantha.”
“Whatever,” he sneered.
“No. I won’t.”
“You will,” he spat, shoving Gerard against the wall of the alley. “Do it before I get to her.”
Fear split across his determined face. “No, please, I’m begging you, not her…”
He laughed, cruel and uncaring. “She makes you far too happy. Get rid of her within this week or I will. And I know you don’t want me to do it.”
He shivered. “Please, I’ll do anything…”
“Anything?” Lucifer asked, leaning close so his disgusting mouth was right next to Gerard’s ear. “How about this: you kill Sammy, and we’ll call it even.”
Gerard swallowed hard. “I can’t.”
“Yes, you can. Come on, man. You’re death. You have no emotions, no regret or pity in your heart. She’s just a girl. There are over three billion others in the world. Just kill her. You don’t need anyone else. You’re cold, unforgiving. You do not love. So kill the girl, and I’ll leave you alone forever.”
“Forever?”
“You can live forever, do whatever you want. If you’re lucky, I might make someone else be death for a few years. Just get rid of Sammy.”
He sighed in defeat. “O-okay.”
I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t think. I stumbled back from the alley. No. This wasn’t how it was supposed to go. Gerard was supposed to valiantly refuse, walk away, and ride off into the sunset with me swept into his arms. Not give in. “No,” I whispered so softly even I could barely hear it.
Gerard was going to kill me.
Lucifer winked at me before melting into the darkness. He knew I’d heard.
Gerard didn’t. He thought he would just corner me in an alley and knock me out like Josh—except I wouldn’t wake up. His thoughts were written all over his face. He broke down, sobbing.
My hands shook so bad I dropped my keys before I could unlock my car. I scrambled to pick them up and forced myself to climb in the car and lock myself there rather than running back to sit and cry with Gerard.
I sat there, shaking, for what felt like hours. Then I came to my senses and drove home.
Sign up to rate and review this story