Categories > Original > Romance > Dancing with Death

Chapter 24

by Vampirechick1159 1 review

"He sighed. 'My willpower to stay away from you is crumbling.'"

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-12-21 - Updated: 2011-12-22 - 250 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Is he…dead?” I gasped.
“Not yet,” Gerard said, his voice level, his eyes betraying just how angry he was. “At this point I decide whether his heart stops or he wakes up with a bad headache.”
“Did you hear the whole thing?”
He nodded. “I saw you slip out the back door right before the bell rang for last hour. I just…I wanted to make sure you were okay. So I followed you from a distance, planning to go back in and get a tardy once I knew you were fine.”
“Why’d you knock Josh out?”
“Because he had his hands all over you. It’d be different if you’d wanted him to. But you didn’t. And I couldn’t stand it. I wanted him to die. Right then. And when I decide someone needs to die, they go unconscious. Their heart slows down, and I have about ten minutes to go back on my decision, or they’re gone.”
I stepped over Josh and closer to Gerard without thinking about it. “I’m so sorry for what I did.”
He sighed. “My willpower to stay away from you is crumbling.” He took my face in his hands and kissed me.
Then the bell rang, splitting through the wonderful silence that came from kissing Gerard. I laughed quietly. “We can’t ever find a silent fifteen minutes together.”
“Come on,” he said, grabbing my bag off the ground. “I’ll walk you to your car.”
Sign up to rate and review this story