Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Learn to Fly

Learn to Fly - 14

by Poppana 7 reviews

Sequel to Fly Away, Dance on the Milky Way. Over a year has passed, and Gerard is reunited with his daughter Gia. She has a lot to hide, and Gerard finds that she has grown up and changed.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-12-27 - Updated: 2011-12-27 - 1290 words - Complete

5Exciting
A/N: Thank you everyone for the great reviews and the rates as well, and I hope everyone had a great Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate :)

Chapter 14: Time to face the music

Having gotten some relieving pain killers for the gut-ripping agony, Gia realized just how tired she was. Her whole body felt like iron when she laid on the bed. Finally she felt like she could sleep. Or was it just the medicine that was making her drowsy?

“Are you feeling better?” Gerard asked. He hadn’t left her side while they were at the ER, not when she cried for them to stop the pain or when they were pumping her full of meds. He held her hand until the pain killers took effect.

“Yeah,” Gia answered.

“You want to go home?”

She nodded. “I’m sorry for dragging you all the way here. I may have just panicked a little bit, the pain’s never been so intense before.”

“It’s okay,” he said, helping her off the bed. But the second she sat up, a nurse walked into the room.

“What are you doing?” the nurse demanded to know, looking at both of them suspiciously.

“I feel better so I thought I’d go home?” Gia said, although judging by the stern look on the nurse’s face, it was the worst possible thing to say.

“No, you have to stay right here. A doctor will be with you shortly. Please lay back down.”

The nurse left, and Gia started to feel nervous. Why would they need to talk to a doctor? “Dad? Is there something wrong?” she asked him, but he looked just as panicked as she did.

“I have no idea,” he answered. He wanted to believe that there was nothing wrong, but if there wasn’t, they’d be allowed to go. Right?

Around twenty minutes passed, and Gia realized that they had already been there for over an hour. Gerard had sat down on a chair next to her bed, and although he tried to hide the yawns, he was clearly tired. She felt bad for making him come here.

“You can go, if you want,” she told him.

“I’m not going anywhere.”

She knew it was useless to argue, so she settled for feeling horrible about being such a whiny bitch at 4 AM in the morning.

When the doctor finally appeared, he looked pretty serious, which only added up to Gia’s fear.

“Good morning, I’m Dr. Jones,” he said, standing at the foot of the bed. “You are Gia Way, correct?”

“Yes.”

“And who are you?” he asked, looking at Gerard.

“He’s my dad. Is there something wrong with me?”

Dr. Jones glanced at Gerard before speaking. To Gia it looked as if he was hesitant to say what he had to say in front of Gerard. “I think it might be better to speak of this in private.”

“I’m her father!” Gerard instantly said, realizing that he was about to be thrown out of the room.

“Dad, sit,” Gia commanded, and he sat down but didn’t stop throwing mean glares at the man. “I don’t have a problem with him being here.”

“Alright, as you wish. I just need to ask you some questions if that’s okay.” He took his clipboard and held a pen, ready to write down whatever she said. “You had stomach pains. Can you describe the pain to me?”

Gia thought for a moment. “It was like... My whole stomach was on fire. I can’t really explain it.”

“Where was the pain located?”

“In my stomach?” she said in a clearly sarcastic manner.

Dr. Jones glanced at her, obviously thinking that she was being a smartass. Gerard just looked rather proud. “When did the pain start?”

“A few days ago, but it was nowhere near as bad then. I figured I’m getting my period and took some pain killers. It got bad just last night.”

“Do you drink a lot of alcohol?”

The question made Gia nearly choke on air and Gerard’s neck snap when he turned his head at his daughter. She was between a rock and a hard place. Lie and potentially endanger her own health or tell the truth and have her father kill her? She was starting to regret not letting Dr. Jones throw her dad out of the room.

“No,” she answered. Yes, she’d much rather lie than have her dad not trust her ever again.

“Smoke?”

“No.”

“Are you sexually active?”

“No.”

“Have you drank or eaten something weird lately?”

“Not that I know of.”

Dr. Jones nodded. Gia was pretty sure he knew she wasn’t being completely honest with her answers, and she almost expected him to tell her that he knows she’s lying. But instead, he turned to Gerard.

“We’re going to do some tests on her, if that’s okay.”

“What kind of tests?” Gerard asked, worried. Overprotective father mode, activate.

“I just want to draw some blood for testing and make sure she’s okay. It’s really no problem, so why don’t you go get some coffee.”

“No, I’ll stay here.”

Gia knew what the doctor was trying to do. “Dad, it’s okay. You can go. I’ll be fine.”

Gerard didn’t go easily, and he was definitely not happy nor content about being thrown out of the room. As soon as he was gone, Dr. Jones spoke to her.

“Now, he’s gone. You’re not going to get into trouble. Alcohol?”

“Yes.”

“Smoke?”

“Yes.”

“And you’re sexually active as well?”

She nodded, feeling rather embarrassed. “I’m not just on my period, am I?”

Dr. Jones sighed. “No. Based on what you told me and what you told the nurse, I’m pretty sure it’s something else. I’ll have to do a test to confirm it, if you’re okay with that.”

“Do whatever you want.”

“Thank you,” he said, and called a nurse who brought in a table with wheels, and some sort of a monitor and other devices on it.

“What is that?” Gia asked as the doctor was setting up the monitor.

“This is an ultrasound,” he explained.

“But isn’t that used to look at like unborn babies?”

“Exactly.”

Gia swore her heart stopped for a moment. “You think I’m pregnant?!” she finally screeched out.

“We’ll see,” he answered. “Could you roll up your shirt?”

Gia did as she was told, and revealed her completely flat stomach. She was pretty sure that there were no kids in there, because it would not be that flat. As the doctor put some cold jello on her stomach and started moving a device on top of it, spreading the cold stuff.

“I don’t understand. I’m on my period, I have to be, I’m bleeding and everything! And I haven’t had morning sickness, I can’t be pregnant.”

“Everyone doesn’t experience morning sickness while pregnant,” Dr. Jones explained. “And I have bad news for you. Actually I have bad news and I have worse news. Which ones do you want first?”

“I don’t care, my life is over anyway.”

“You are definitely pregnant. But I’m not finding a heartbeat.”

“What does that mean?”

He looked away from the monitor and at her, with an apologetic expression. “It means the fetus is no longer alive.”

Both of them jumped in surprise as they heard a paper cup drop on the floor, splashing the hot coffee all over the floor. Gia stared at her father in shock, and he did not look happy.
Sign up to rate and review this story