Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > More Than She Bargained For

6. The Last of A Dying Breed

by Laynna13 1 review

Ava & Frank find out what's really going on..and it's not good

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Horror - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2011-12-30 - Updated: 2011-12-30 - 548 words

1Insightful
I watched as Frank’s head dropped. Linda sighed and raised his face with the tip of her finger on his chin so she could look into his eyes. “Oh, Frankie…” She sighed sadly and shook her head walking away from him. As she exited the room, I turned to Frankie my eyes wide in confusion. He just looked away from me and bit his bottom lip. I looked down at my hands, clasped tightly together in my lap.

“I’m so sorry, Ava.” Frank rubbed my back reassuringly. “It’s going to be okay, though. I promise.”

I just looked at him and nodded before returning my attention to my hands. I noticed that the scar that had been there for at least three years; the one I got while baking brownies for one of the jam sessions for the guys, was gone. I cocked my head to the side and inspected my other hand, maybe I was wrong about which one I had burnt. I wasn’t. It was just gone and my skin seemed perfect. Even though I was cold, my skin was untouched, not blotchy like it would normally be.

Linda made her way back into the kitchen and hefted an old leather-bound journal onto the counter. “What I’m about to tell you is not going to be easy for either of you. A Dhampyr is bred solely to exterminate Vampires. There is a coven in this area, I don’t know who they are – so don’t ask. Now, since you both have feed from each other, your Dhampyr powers will now be active and you will see them and sense them. They could be strangers, but more than likely they will be people you know. They know who you are, as they can sense you too. They will be after you. You are no longer safe. It is their goal to turn you into full vampires. From what I’ve heard, we thought Frankie was the last one. I have drilled into his head several times never to feed. “With that she gave Frank a stern look which left him cowering. “Apparently, though, he is not the last. Being is that you are his mate now, Ava, you are in greater risk. A single male Dhampyr or a single Female Dhampyr is acceptable and would not be sought out by the coven. However a set, able to reproduce only with each other, could be detrimental. You two are the only ones that would be able to keep the race alive. Frank could never impregnate a normal human girl and a normal human male could never impregnate you.” She handed me the journal and smiled. “From now on, you’re my daughter-in-law. My Frankie will protect you, but you must leave now. Anyone around you is not safe. They will kill your family, your friends, anyone they can to get to you. Be careful and watchful. You must eliminate them before they eliminate you.” She hugged us both and ushered us out the door. “I will have someone in contact with you Frankie. I love you son. Please be careful and take care of her.”

We walked back to my car in silence. What the hell are we supposed to do now?
Sign up to rate and review this story