Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > More Than She Bargained For

7. Just Sleep

by Laynna13 1 review

A meeting buys some time for everyone.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Horror - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-01-05 - Updated: 2012-01-05 - 819 words

1Original
Third person POV
Gerard sat across from the rest of the band. His hazel eyes sparkled with excitement as he leaned forward in his chair, placing his folded arms on the Way’s kitchen table. “So, the last Dhampyr has awoken. We need to keep our distance from them right now. As you know, we’ve known who Frankie was for a while, now. We need to find some way to convince them to come over to our side peacefully. I don’t want to have to hurt them, they are our friends. In any case, the situation is dire. They will feel compelled to eradicate us. Newly awoken Dhampyrs will have a hard time controlling their frenzy. They do not have the same weaknesses as we do, so we will have to be very careful when we do associate with them.”

Mikey interrupted his brother at this point. He pushed his glasses up on the bridge of his nose nervously and cleared his throat. “Gee, is there some other way to live peacefully?”

Gerard gave his little brother a look of skepticism, his eyebrow arched and his head cocked to the side. “Dude, if there was – I’ve never heard of such a thing. It’s their job to kill us, man!”

Mikey looked down at his feet, a sadness in his whole demeanor. “That sucks.”

Gerard just nodded and returned his attention to the rest of the group. “Look guys, we’re not the bad guys here. True we may take the blood of humans and possibly end their lives – but our little coven is not as ruthless as some others in this fucked up world. We can make them see our point. Regardless, we either have to force them to see us as allies instead of enemies, or we have to take them down. Especially, Ava. They’ve already fucked. What if she gets knocked up with Frankie’s spawn? That would be detrimental to our whole race!”
Mikey, Ray, and Bob all nodded in unison at this revelation. They understood the consequences of another Dhampyr child being born. It could be favorable or catastrophic.

“So, what are we gonna do?” Bob asked.

Gerard just smiled.

Ava’s POV
We drove, the wind whipping through my hair from the open windows, back to Frank’s apartment. I gingerly touched the journal in my lap, still too afraid to open it and read its contents. Neither of us spoke, but it wasn’t uncomfortable. We were both lost in our own thoughts. The whole situation felt surreal, as if at any moment I would wake up and be back in my bed. But, alas, it was not just a dream – it was our frightening reality. In my head I replayed the scenes from Nosferatu and Dracula. Would the vampires be like them? Or would they possibly be the more docile vampires of a Twilight nature. As we arrived to the small apartment building on the outskirts of town, I turned to Frankie. “Hey, can we maybe, like, disappear for a few days; just to study this book and get our heads straight? I don’t want to be caught off guard. If there is to be some serious show down or some shit, I want to be prepared.”

Frank turned off the engine and rested his head on the steering wheel before turning his face to me. His eyes looked almost blank, exhausted, terrified. “Yeah, you know what, I really think that would be a good idea.”

Silently, hand in hand, we made our way into Frank’s apartment. I called my mom to let her know that I would be staying at his house for a few days and not to worry. We had decided just to hole up in his tiny apartment instead of actually wasting money we didn’t have for a cheap motel. There was a message on the answering machine and Frank pressed the button as made myself comfortable on the bed.

“Frank, Ava, hey guys it’s Gee. Look me and Mikey are really sick. I think Bob and Ray are too. Man, we got the runs something fierce. I think it’s some sort of funky virus, either that or it’s from eating Mikey’s cooking. We’re going to all be quarantined for a few days. Let’s meet up on Saturday, ok? Later, gators.”

“Well,” Frankie said turning to me, “That should free us up.” I nodded as he made himself comfortable beside me. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down onto his chest. “Let’s just take a quick nap, then we’ll start getting prepared. I’m exhausted babe.”

I was, in truth, very tired as well. I knew nothing would hurt me with him around, so I cozied up, the steady beat of his heart lulling me into an exhausted slumber.
Sign up to rate and review this story