Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rebel Love Song

Chapter Eight

by bvbrocks 2 reviews

“Frank,” Mikey said, “We need to talk with you.”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-12-31 - Updated: 2012-03-31 - 1020 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Frank woke up lying in his bunk with no idea how he had gotten there. Last thing I remembered, I was lying on the bathroom floor. But what I did know right then, was I was hungry. So to the kitchen I went. I walked into the living room/kitchen, and found the band gathered there. “Frank,” Mikey said, “We need to talk with you.”
“What is it?” I asked, making my way over to my stash of Skittles in one of the cabinets.
“Ashley came in here earlier,” he began tentatively, “He got a call from the police.” My head snapped around at that, and I quickly grabbed a pack of Skittles and walked over to the rest of the guys while ripping open the bag.
“What?” I said.
“Yeah,” continued Ray, “He says they found the person who...y’know...” I collapsed on the couch and popped a few of my precious candies in my mouth.
“They want you to go in and identify her,” said Gerard, speaking for the first time since I had woken up. I looked over at him, and he looked so tired and depressed.
Look at that/, said the little voice in the back of my head, /That’s your fault. You caused that! I shook my head to clear out my thoughts and said, “No. I can’t do that. I can’t face her. Can’t they just send me a picture or something?”
Mikey shook his head and said, “We asked. The police says it just doesn’t work like that.” I sighed and put my head in my hands.
“All right,” I said, “When do we go?” “As soon as we talk about something else,” Mikey said.
I knew where this was heading, and I needed to get out of it. “I have to use the bathroom,” I said, standing up.
Ray grabbed my arm and said, “You’re not going anywhere.” I started to panic, but managed to keep my mask of composure on.
I sat down and Mikey said, “Frank this needs to stop.”
“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I muttered, lying through my teeth.
“You know damn well what I’m talking about,” said Mikey, “You just refuse to see it as a problem.”
“That’s because I don’t have a problem,” I said, “So what if I enjoy having a few drinks and going out? Since when has that been a problem?”
“Frank!” yelled Gee suddenly, startling everyone, “I found you laying on the bathroom floor high and then you passed out! How can you be so damn delusional as to think you don’t have a problem?!?” I looked at him, and I must have looked hurt or sad because Gee sighed and said, “Look Frank, I’m sorry. I just don’t want to see you go down the same road I did.” I wonder what he would think if he knew what started it, I thought.
“Can we talk about this later?” I asked, “I just want to get through the whole police situation first.” Everyone nodded, albeit a bit reluctantly, and we were off to the police station.
When we got there, I was directed to an interrogation room and everyone else had to wait behind. The room was completely white, just like in the movies. A detective was waiting there for me, and invited me to sit down. “Hello,” he said, “I’m Detective McGavin. I just have a few questions to ask you before we ask you to identify the suspect.” I nodded, and he continued. “Now,” he said, “Before we bring you into the line up room, we just need you to give a physical description of the person who committed the crime.” I nodded again and began.
“It was a girl. She was average height, black hair, seemed to be in her late twenties, and had brown eyes. Oh, and she was white. I can’t remember much else.”
McGavin nodded and said, "That description does fit one of the suspects. Come on, let’s go to the line-up.”
We walked out of the room and down the hall to another room. The line-up looked exactly like it does on TV, with several people standing in front of a white wall. I saw Jamia immediately. She was third from the right, and I have to say, she was doing a great job of not looking guilty. In fact, the look on her face said “I don’t belong here with any of you crazy people.” My breath caught in my throat when I saw her. I wanted to run out of the room and just keep running. Or maybe stop at the nearest bar. As it was, all I could do was tremble and point. I stood there pointing at her for I don’t know how long before I could find the air to say, “That’s her. Right there. She’s the one.” Then I turned around and walked back out the door. I couldn’t even look at her, it was too much.
The detective followed me out and asked, “Are you sure it was her?”
“Positive,” I said, “What’s her name?”
“Jamia,” the detective said.
“Yep,” I said, “Without a doubt it’s her.” The detective then told me I was free to go and that they would call when she went on trial. I nodded for what felt like the millionth time that day, walked into the lobby where the rest of the band was seated and we left together.
I recounted the events to the rest of the guys and then was silent for the rest of the drive. I didn’t want to say anything for fear of bringing up our earlier discussion. I was stressed out enough as it was. God, I needed a drink.... 
A/N: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I hope everyone's year has been good, and 2012 is even better(as long as the world doesn't end). R&R for cookies and brownies. I LOVE YOU GUYS FOR READING MY MEDIOCRE WRITING!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story