Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The glory days are gone

The Ghost Of You

by Confusedlots 0 reviews

Gerard finds out

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-01-01 - Updated: 2012-01-01 - 706 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerards P.O.V

As soon as i get in the house I picked up the note. Its written in neat if a little too flouncy witing, smudged by tears.
Gerard
Im sorry to have left you clueless of the situation. As you know, your grandpa had been ill for some time. Cancer, its such a terrible illness. Oh my baby, Your grandpa collapsed again this morning. He has taken such a sudden dip in his health. The nurses believe he is on his last legs.
The number for the hospital 555-7784 . Me and Mikey are already there.

I stare. I just stare for moments that feel like eterrnity. "On His last legs" what does that mean? The paper is crinkled and the message was written in a hurry. How long had i been out? I look around for the time. The clock tells me its 4. The condition of grandpa's health could have gotten so much worse. And judging by the fact that Mikey had gone to the hospital, things had been bad at 9am! I grab something that resembles a coat and i throw it over a t-shirt i had found on the floor. I had to get out of the one covered in blood, rushing trying to gain moments i had lost. I grab 2 shoes out of the cupboard not caring weather they matched, and set off towards my rarely used car.



The car park is almost empty. Visiting hours have finished. But i dont give a fuck. Its a Sunday so all the staff are more relaxed. I walk down the corridors that smell strongly of disinfectant and pain. Shit, i really dont like it here, i think as I look for the Elm ward. Grandpa was bed 11 ward Elm .I walk into something, a trolley. Full of needles. I flinch but carry on. I come to a giant waiting room full of maybe 4 people. Of the waiting room are doors. A sealed door has a sign over it saying Elm. I hurry towards it. It opens. Walking down the middle of the rows of beds i begin to feel sick. Crying comes from behind a sectioned off bed in the middle of the room. Every where around me was hushed voices of nurses and patients. People stare at me. I dont care. Im just staring at the bed in the middle of the ward, curtained off. I check the numbers at teh bottom of the bed as i pass, getting closer to the curtained bed. 8. 9. 10. I stop. Looking at the place where i should see the smiling wrinkled face of my Garndfather. All I see is faded blue. Bed 11 is blocked from sight. The cloth barrier isnt blocking out sound. The sound of pitiful raw sobs. No. No no no no no. I feel a hand on my shoulder.
"Excuse me, are you a relative of Mr Way?"
The look i gave the Doctor answered better than words. He sighs and opens a crack in the material. My mothers blonde perm is the first thing i see. The next is the back of my dads head, covered in black hair that was receading slightly. Then my eyes fall on the stranger in the bed, Only he wasnt a stranger. He was the man i had looked up to. Who had taught me how to fich and gave me advice. His face didnt look right. Too pale, too relaxed. The moniter next to the pillows was showing a flat green line. It flashed every few seconds. My brain was in meltdown. I went over to my father. His eyes, so like mine, were shut and his shoulders were shaking. I put my arm around him. I looked at my mom and she looked back. She had been wearing make up, but now all that was left of it was faded black smudges under her eyes. She was still crying. And for the first time i noticed that i was too. Hot, thick tears that fell fast. I didnt blink. I just let them fall. And i didnt hide them. That would have been wrong. Disrespectful. A nurse comes in. i look at her, and the tears still fall as i ask
"What happened?"
Sign up to rate and review this story