Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dark Side Of The Moon

it's amazing how one person can change your life forever

by XxxFallenAngelXxxx 2 reviews

The beautiful man was one of them.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Horror,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-01-02 - Updated: 2012-01-04 - 1087 words

1Exciting
Frank`s pov
It was a normal summer’s day when I first saw Gerard Way. Little did I know that this boring, seemingly mundane day would be the day that everything changed…

It had been years now since I had found out the truth. I was a young, once carefree dark haired child who was stuck in a world of misery and guilt after losing my young sister when i had found out the terrifying truth. I remember that night vividly, the unfamiliar, sleek black car parked on the driveway, the strange people in our house. The haunting slightly blurred image of the wolf, the beautiful silky furred, dark wolf.
The wolf that was not a wolf.
I turn the corner, my worn, once snow white laces trailing behind me, my faithful IPod headphones safely nestled in my ears, blocking out the cold outside world perfectly. I was strolling slowly down the main road of the small, insignificant town which was really nothing more than a tiny pimple on the face of America, glancing around at the busy passerby’s from behind my dark sunglasses. I walk casually, but with purpose, every movement perfectly controlled, and keeping a hidden eye out at all times.
I was not plain old Frank Iero anymore, I was no longer the little brown haired snotty nosed kid with the badly scraped up knees who would howl and howl if he missed his favourite TV show. I had not been that person for a long while now, not since Val was…I angrily push the thought to the back of my twisted, messed up mind. I was however, unable to stop the very familiar, still as haunting as the very first time I had seen it, image of the lanky, dark wolf from forming in my mind as I walk.
I stop outside one of the only decent stores in the tiny, boring town- the comic book store- and enter, hastily adjusting my tinted glasses so that I can see everything and everyone, but they cannot see my eyes.
“Hey there Frank!” the middle aged shop owner, with bright blue, smiling eyes with slightly thinning brown hair, the kindly Steven Johnson greats me warmly as the tinkling bell on the shop door announces my arrival.
It was an ordinary miserable day in the middle of the dullest, shittiest summers ever. The sun hadn`t been shining for days, the rain had been pouring down on us since Friday and there was now only three more, miserable, boring days of school left until the summer holidays. I hated the summer holidays with a passion, odd seeing as it was the best time of the year for kids and teens, but not for me. I loathed them, I dreaded the summer coming every year. And I had very good reason to dislike this time of year.
It was on a late summers evening when I and Val had ventured out into the forest all those horrible years ago. It was on one seemingly perfect, ideal summer’s day when her young, happy life ended. She didn`t die though, as we had used to believe and as the townspeople still did believe, oh no
. My poor, innocent younger sister was cursed, forever having to live her life has a half wolf, half human being.
My younger sister was a werewolf.
It was something I tried desperately not to think about, it was too upsetting for me. Especially seeing as my revenge seeking parents had forced me into the werewolf hunting group who had first convinced us of their existence. They blamed the wolves for everything, even the normal, natural ones that didn`t shape shift. They wanted them dead, all of them and I was the one to help accomplish it. Even though it would mean my own sister being killed.
I didn`t want to hurt the wolves, no matter what they have done to Val. I had always had a deep fascination with the dog like animals, and I hated the thought of harming one of them.

I smile back at Steven, though it was more forced than usual as I walk deeper into the small, cramped shop that always smelt faintly of tobacco and chocolate. I begin to browse the tall, familiar shelves, looking mainly out of curiosity rather than need to buy something. The bells on the door chime, a tinkling high pitched welcoming sound as another customer enters. I was so deeply buried in one of the comics that I don`t even look up.
All of a sudden I feel as though someone was staring at me, causing the tiny hairs on the back of my neck the stand on end. The strong sent of cigarettes, fresh, clean air and wild berries hits me, and I turn around to face the stranger.
My jaw nearly drops when I see him. He was…stunning to say the least. He stood quite tall, taller than I was anyway, with raven black hair that fell in a perfectly messy tangle to his shoulders. His hair framed his angelic, pale face perfectly, partially covering his intelligent, hazel green eyes. He was dressed exclusively in back-black skinnies and converse, a tight fitting shirt that rode up a little as I watched him reach to retrieve something from the top shelf.
”Oops, sorry.” He mumbles as his arm accidently brushes my back as he picks the bight comic up, flashing me a wide grin, showing off his abnormally small, white teeth. The skin on my back was on fire, electric shocks were racing up and down my spine, spreading to all of the other bones in my slender body.
He moves so easily, so freely and fluidly across the store, across to the counter to pay, quickly pulling out a twenty pound note from his jeans pocket, grinning warmly at me as he leaves. As he strolls away quickly but casually I catch a quick glimpse of something silver around his neck. It was what appeared to be a silver necklace, with some odd kind of symbol on it.
As soon as the gorgeous stranger had left the strange scent vanished too,as did the electric feeling in my bones. The way he moved, the precise control he had made me almost certain that he wasn`t human. The thin silver chain he wore with the strange symbol around his pale neck only confirmed my theory.
The beautiful man was one of them.
Sign up to rate and review this story