Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Perfect

Chapter 001

by pengz 3 reviews

"You want to what?" The world seemed to stop turning, my best friend was going to move away. No, willing to move away from me. What the fuck?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro, Other - Published: 2006-05-29 - Updated: 2006-05-29 - 2709 words

3Hot
After a long hiatus, I'd like to open a new fiction production by yours truly. Through this all, I must ask you not to rush me because school is coming to a close meaning that I have some serious finals to take care of. Please note that I have adjusted the ages of Mikey and Frankie to be the same age. So, without further ado, let's begin Perfect.

Chapter 001

[Play]

"You want to what?"

The world seemed to stop turning, my best friend was going to move away. No, willing to move away from me. What the fuck?

"I want to move from here to Belleville, you know, about a couple miles north on the coast--"

"I know where it is." I snapped at him, not regretting it even though he visibly winced at my tone. "And where do you think that leaves me in your grand master plan, Frank?"

He pulled a confused look, his eyebrows smashed against one another like a hairy train wreck on his pale, knitted forehead. "Weren't you listening to me?"

Now it was my turn to be confused, but I kept my anger where it was. "No, I stopped listening when you said you wanted to move to Belleville. Fucking Belleville. One of the most crime ridden areas in all of Jersey; I've only been here three years and even I know that one."

Frank shook his dark, spike haired head, grinning. "It's just like you to not listen. I said that I wanted you to move over there with me." A stupid grin crept into the corners of his mouth as he put on a valley girl voice. "We could, like, be, like, roomies and, like YEAH!"

In all honesty, if you knew Frankie like I did, you'd be shitting your pants in hysteria; he's not the type you'd picture to impersonate a Valley Girl. I, too, would have been beside myself in laughter had it not been for his want to uproot the two of us seventeen going on eighteen year-olds from well-lit Newark to the Italian mafia ridden streets of Belleville.

"Although I love the idea of rooming with my best friend," I began putting a hand easily on his shoulder (we're about the same height) "I don't think that moving to Belleville is going to be a good idea. Besides, why would you even want to do that?"

"Well, you used to live in L.A. so your crime thing isn't going to fly with me. And the reason I want to move over there is so I can finish my senior year with you, my first best friend, and my best friend from elementary school. He and his family used to live here until they moved to Belleville before highschool started. Him and his brother are starting a band together and they want me to be their second guitarist. And I can't make it to their practices if they're two towns over." He said this in a very matter-in-fact tone so snootily I had to restrain myself from smacking him upside his head.

I mulled it over for a while, trying to find another flaw in his plan. My father wouldn't be an issue; the guy was almost never around. Leaving a boyfriend behind wouldn't cut it either as I didn't have one. What else? Right. Where would we live? Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

"Oh yeah, don't worry about paying high rent for an apartment, my friend in Belleville has an uncle or something over there." Again, there came the strong urge to hurt my best friend over his cheeky remark. I swear, that boy can read me like a book.

"You know what, fine. We'll go. Okay, happy?" I answered throwing him a dirty look.

"Are you serious?"

"Um yeah, so go call your friend and tell him the great news." I sighed and readily programming my mind to the imminent change of plans. To be honest, I was kind of upset because we were moving just a month before we were to start our senior year but all that was washed away when Frankie's face lit up like a Christmas tree as swamped me in a tight hug and squealed. Yes, squealed. "This friend of your's must be chick you have the hots for or something cause you're scaring me with that squealing."

"Ha ha, no." Frank replied dryly as he released me. "That friend is a guy. Mikey Way. And you know as well as I do that I don't swing for guys."

"You did for a while. Remember sophomore year and that time you checked out what's-his-face's tush in the locker room?"

At this he became playfully defensive. "Hey, I had a hang over, I wasn't okay."

"Suuuure."

[Pause]

Alright so before we get to the moving goodies and meeting Mikey, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Andie (not short for anything) Giulia De Angelis. I moved here to Newark, New Jersey from Los Angeles, California when I was about fourteen, a few months after my mom died. Okay, so you probably suspect me to be hating my father for dragging me, kicking and screaming from one coast to the other and not even talking to me ever, right? Wrong. I don't care much, he's always been like that, moving me and my mom at random times all over the west coast. All that daddy dearest is good for is money and connections. Don't take me the wrong way, I'm not materialistic or anything, but the guy has been able to get me and Frankie into some pretty nifty concerts and meet-and-greets for our favorite bands. Moving on.

My appearance is pretty punk rock starting from my hair which I cut short and choppy and Frankie dyed with random blobs of hot pink and platinum blonde against a mostly black mop. My make up is usually black eyeliner and chapstick with my uniform of tight black pants, a punk-rock band shirt, and my faithful pair of black high-top Converse. The pale skin that Frank nearly mirrors is a combined inheritance from my Italian father and Scottish mother while my hazel eyes are solely from dad.

All my interests, other than music, are the opposite of Frank's. He's into the sciences and blowing up things while I liked writing and mentally correcting his grammar; verbally doing so never helped the man. Anyway, onto how I met the little bugger. It was on my first day at Newark High when he tackled me to the ground as he tried not to be late for first period. We got paired up because, as I later found out, he was a nerd/loser at school and we pretty much hit it off from there. Frankie and I were stuck to each other like glue and, in the hours we weren't together, we were either on the phone talking or sleeping. We tried being a couple but that felt like incest; only to be tried in the dirty south, mind you. So years went by and we got used to it being just the two of us when he wasn't tearing down basement shows like a madman with the various bands he'd been a part of. I swear, that kid has so much talent, he's going to be famous one day. How could he not? Billie Joe Armstrong taught him how to play the guitar... via MTV.

[Fast-Forward]

Frankie and I moved about the moving idea pretty fast. In a week's time we had all our stuff packed into his old-school Mustang from his dad and were trailing down the highway towards Belleville. His parents, though divorced, had both agreed to letting him transfer schools and move out of his mom's house and were really supportive. My parental unit hadn't been around for a while due to a conference somewhere in Europe, so I left him a post-it on the fridge. I'm not sure if he would even notice it. I would have called him but I wasn't allowed to unless it was an emergency, at which case, I defaulted to going over to the Ieros where I was always welcome like a daughter they never had. They were pretty much family so you get why it felt incestuous to date Frankie.

[Play]

Half and hour later we were on the outskirts of the township of Belleville. I'd had been here probably once when Frankie and I took a wrong turn on a way to a party some time ago and, visually it's still the same. Dirty and barren. We spotted a few kids walking about or skate boarding in groups, but not as many as we would have seen on a summer day like this in Newark. Any regular person would have described this town as desolate, but, for some reason, it felt familiar though I could never say I'd lived anywhere else, other than Newark, in Jersey before. Frankie broke into my thoughts as he announced we'd arrived.

"I think we should drop in on the Way residence so you can meet the reason as to why we moved." Frank turned off the engine and opened his door to step out.

I nodded and did the same to get a better look at the house. It was a perfect example of a suburban family home in New Jersey; two stories, blue with white shutters, and short steps leading to the white front door.

"Do you think we'd get along okay?" I had little knowledge of Mikey, all of which Frank told me from his eighth grade memory.

"Yeah, he's a nice guy, kinda quiet when meeting new people but cool if he knows you." he answered as he rang the door bell.

[Pause]

This Mikey dude sounds okay, but what if he tries to do something completely trivial and, I don't know, steal away my best friend? Ugh... I suddenly don't like the image of him that's projecting in my mind right now.

[Play]

From somewhere inside the house we heard someone call back, "It's open!"

A look of annoyance passed over Frank's faced as he opened the door and let the both of us in.

"Obviously his parents aren't home, the screwball left the door open." Frank said shaking his head as we took the stairs.

"Yeah, irresponsible much?", I muttered under my breath.

We reached the top of the landing to find a narrow hallway with a few closed doors.

"Wait here, I want you to surprise them." Frankie grinned. No, smirked, more like it. He smirked like he was doing something really sneaky.

"And how would you want me to do that?" Oh, how I dread the reply to that.

"Well, let's just say you're the first teenaged girl in this house, ever."

Interesting, this was a good sneaky thing. "Do they know I'm a girl?"

"Nope." Again with the smirk, only this time we mimicked each other.

"Surprise away, buddy."

He gave me thumbs up sign as he slipped behind one of the doors to a round of cheers.

I decided to make myself comfortable and sat cross legged in front of, what I observed as, as bathroom door. Clearly someone was using it as the water had just stopped running and I could hear that someone singing "Perfect" by Smashing Pumpkins. He, as I could tell from the voice, was no Billie Corgan, but was evidently into it, singing in the shower as he was. I giggled as his voice floated through the door.

"You'll see, I promise we'll be..." he continued to sing until something obviously upset him. "Shit, no towels?!"

Nothing in my life had ever prepared me for what I saw next as this bodiless voice tore open the door, making me stand up abruptly. But that only brought me a clearer view of the shower singer, and whatever he lacked vocally was certainly made up for in endowments.

[Pause]

Okay, mind, out of the gutter now, please and thank you.

[Play]

His short, dark blond hair was wet and sticking up everywhere as he shook his head of excess water. And, oh, those eyes. Wow. They were like emeralds in the dim lights of the hallway. He was nothing short of gorgeous, anyway you looked at him, and his sexy points only went skyward because of the lack of toweling as he pointedly mentioned earlier.

It took him a while to realize I was standing there, giving him a more than standard elevator look. When he did, the scrawny guy seemed to pale right into the color of the door he had just come out of and bolted right back into the bathroom.

"I'm...sorry." I called semi-softly through the door even though I was far from apologetic.

Just as I said that Frankie reappeared, ready to usher me into the next room.

"Why are you talking to a door?" Was the question written all over his face.

I, however, pretended not to read him and instead entered the bedroom before him to find three other guys sprawled all over the place, fully clothed. They were all reading comic books or listening to music; this behavior I was used to, Frankie was like this everyday.

"Hi." I said more confidently than I felt.

One of them, a chubby short haired blonde with head phones on, looked up, only to drop his jaw to the floor; a feat since it was a three foot drop. He began smacking another guy with a frizzy Afro in the arm until he too looked up and copied the first's expression and actions upon a third. This one had a ghoulishly pale complexion and shoulder lengthed black hair framing his face.

"Dude, Gee, there's a girl in your house." The second breathed

"What are you-?" the third questioned, in a tone of disbelief. That was until he actually looked up and saw me.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Frank smirking again; mission accomplished.

"Woah... you're right..."

"Dude, Frankie, you didn't tell us your best friend is a girl!" the first said, still in awe.

"Yeah." I cut in and grabbing my boobs and giving them a firm shake so as to prove them real, "Girl.", I said slowly. I placed my hand over Frank's lower extremities giving his kids a shake also and continued in the same tone, "Boy."

How's that for an ice breaker?

I guess it worked out okay as I soon forgot the hallway mishap with the shower singer while Frankie introduced each of us.

The blond one was Bob Bryar, an aspiring music producer. Sir Afro-lot was Ray Toro, currently a film student.

"And this one right here is Gerard. He's Mikey's older brother and a hell of an artist." Frankie finished off while a round of handshakes were exchanged.

Oh, crap, so that means that the guy in the shower was...

"Mikes, there you are." Frankie said as he scooped me into one of his arms with Mikey in his other arm.

This time I got a good look at the not-naked Mikey. I was surprised to find that he was wearing glasses and his hair now lying flat on his head. Still very delicioso, as my Mexican neighbors from LA would say. I felt myself flush a deep crimson as I saw him do the same; he too was obviously thinking about what had transpired a few minutes ago.

"Mikey Way, meet Andie De Angelis. Andie meet Mikey." Frankie continued, taking our silence as shyness. He squeezed both of us into a three person hug, making the situation even more uncomfortable for the both of us than it already was.

"N-n-nice to meet you." Mikey said looking at the carpet like I was doing as we awkwardly shook hands after Frankie let go of us. The moment our hands clasped, I felt a spark shoot up my arm and straight into my head, making it buzz and go fuzzy while my heart pounded heavily in my ears and my stomach did flip flops.

Senior year was going to be one hormonal ride to say the least.



Liked it? Hated it? Rate it one to ten? Okay, see you next chapter!

28 May 2006/ 11:11p
Sign up to rate and review this story