Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Past Ain`t through with you

Chapter fourteen

by XxxFallenAngelXxxx 4 reviews

I take a deep breath, regretting this already as an image of Gerard comes to mind.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-01-09 - Updated: 2012-01-10 - 1227 words

1Ambiance
Gerard`s pov
“Gerard, Gerard!” the young princess runs over to me, ignoring one of her servant`s who tried and failed to call her back. That was the thing with Elizabeth, she knew what she wanted and she knew when she wanted it. Unlike most girls she had a rather decent (for a female) education, and because of this she often spoke her mind and was sometimes hard to control and she had a habit of being a little mischievous and ignoring orders. The long, fair haired servant girl sighs and I catch her bright blue eyes and smile at her.
“Gerard!” The princess wraps her pale, little arms around me lightly and grinning I pull her tiny body up so that I can support her on my lap.
“Elizabeth.” I ruffle her long, carefully tied back hair affectionately and she giggles, a high pitched, joyous sound that resembles her father`s so much.
“I missed you, did you know that?” The little child tells me, squirming on my lap, trying to get comfortable. “I have had such a tiresome day, and I was scolded by Catherine for interrupting her and father`s conversation.” Her deep brown, intelligent eyes narrow in disgust as she says the name, making her severe dislike for the woman who had taken a real interest in her father, crystal clear.
I was unable to blame her for this of course, while being a reasonable pretty, well mannered woman, Catherine Parr was not somebody whom I was able to get on with. I kept trying to tell myself that it was merely a clash of personalities, but I had a deep concern that it was more to do with how she clung to Frank most of the time.
“How was your day Gerard?” Elizabeth asks politely, her eyes that perfectly matched Frank smiling up at me, mirroring her pale pink lips.
“It was a reasonably fine day.” I sigh, trying to hide my sadness from the little girl but she was no fool and she picked it up straight away.
“What is the matter?”
“Nothing of any great importance.”
“Oh.” She thankfully lets it drop and we both sit there, her still on my lap for a while longer in a comfortable, pleasant silence.
“Gerard?” The young princess asks hesitantly, something which was highly unusual for her. “Do you like my father?” I stare at her wide eyed for a few moments, as the surprising, shocking question sinks in. of course I liked Frank, he had saved me without even knowing me the first time we had met, he had taken me and my brother in. He was a great man, only a fool would not like him.
“Well do you?” Elizabeth asks more sternly this time, almost demanding an answer from me.
I feel my usual pale cheeks burn as the turn a faint shade of pink and I answer her, unsure why this innocent question was bothering and embarrassing me so much. “Of course I like Frank. He has been so good to me and my brother.”
A small frown forms on the girls pink lips. “But do you like him?” she asks the very same question again, confusing me a little.
She sighs. “Would you consider the two of you to be friends?” my cheeks burn more for an unknown reason and I nod suddenly overcome with shyness as I spot Frank on the other side of thee gardens.
“I would consider that the two of us were friends, yes.”
Elizabeth nods. “Would you consider yourself more than friends?” I narrow my eyes, confusion clear on my still fairly pink face.
“I am afraid I do not understand what you mean by your question.”
“Never mind.” She says rather sadly, and slowly gets off of my lap, and leaves, her feet dragging a little as she goes. If I didn`t know any better, I would say that the girl was disappointed with something, but what?
Frank`s pov
Catherine is staring at me from across the grand table; though I am turned away from her I cans still feel her eyes burning holes in the back of my head. It was not a pleasant feeling, not at all. I was however, too deep in thought to care. My thoughts of course, were filled and focused solely on the raven haired, ghostly pale Gerard Way. My recent friendship with the other man had made me begin to question things, man things. I had never felt so strongly toward any other person, not even any of my several wives as I did for him. My heart leapt and fluttered whenever he was near me, and my cheeks would often burn red at the slightest thing he said. When he was not around me, I found myself wishing that he was.
“Frank?” Catherine calls my name, fluttering her long, dark eyelashes at me, making me feel more than a little sick.
“Yes?” I reply out of politeness, wondering how I could dismiss her without seeming too rude.
“I was just wondering Your Highness, if you would maybe consider accompanying me on a stroll through the grounds this afternoon.”
By the tone of her voice and the look on her face I can tell that I had very little chance of refusing her offer.
“Of course, it would be my pleasure.” I lie and excuse myself, dreading the afternoon coming.
I leave the grandly furnished room, not entirely sure where i was headed, but my feet lead me to Gerard`s room. I hesitate before knocking, my hands moving almost against their own will.
I impatiently wait for him to answer the door, my heart beating brutally fast against my chest.
“Hello Frank.” He smiles, seeming a little confused but pleased that I was here.
“Did you want something?” he asks and I stand there silent, staring at his perfect face, too lost in thought to hear him speak. I take in his stunning, unique hazel green eyes, his clear, flawlessly pale skin that was partially hidden by his beautiful dark locks. He was so beautiful, so angelic looking.
He clears his throat and I am brought back to reality, blushing deeply as I realised that I had been staring at him for so long.
“I-Nothing, I erm-never mind!” I turn sharply on my heals and hurry down the hall, my heart and mind racing.
This was all so wrong. I cannot have these feelings towards him, he was my friend, the only person I could fully trust, not to mention that he was a man.
“Oh dear Lord,” I begin, looking up from behind slightly damp eyes up at the ceiling. “What am I going to do?”
“Ehem, Sire? You are still free for that walk, are you not?” I turn to face the dark haired girl and nod.
“Yes.” My voice shook, but she did not seem to notice. As I am lead out into the magnificent gardens my confused, disgusting mind begins to formulate a plan to get me out of this horrid mess.
“Catherine?” she turns to face me, a slight confused yet happy smile on her young, attractive face.
I take a deep breath, regretting this already as an image of Gerard comes to mind. “Would you consider doing me the great honour of becoming my wife?”
Sign up to rate and review this story