Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Behind the Veil

III

by PhoenixRoseQueen 0 reviews

A princess is rescued from a jerk by a clown.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Blaise Zabini,Draco,Harry,Pansy,Ron - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-01-09 - Updated: 2012-01-10 - 2198 words - Complete

0Unrated
Uhrm, I feel need to explain Pansy's costume ahead of time. I'm not exactly sure how far Disney has reached, though I'm sure that it's gone awfully far in order to have Disney Worlds in France and Japan and London I think, though correct me if I'm wrong. She's going as Princess Jasmine, the "damsel in distress" in the Disney Classic, Aladdin. If you don't know what I'm talking about or have never seen the movie, I won't tell you to check it out because I don't really remember watching it (I've played one of it's games though, stayed up all night playing it with my brothers too), but look it up for reference. I just wanted to say that. Also, for those of you who really enjoyed the last chapter and the bit of banter that went on between Harry and Pansy, I'll tell you that there will be more of that in this chapter as well ^_^

I hope the song in here fit the mood i was trying to set... It was originally going to be Nickelback, but I thought the Danity Kane song went a bit better. :-\

``````````

I watched and helped the other girls in my dormitory to prepare for the Masquerade ball under the pretense that I was staying behind. Alone in the Slytherin Dungeon.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Tracey asked, giving me the Puppy-Dog Pout. "Please?" I smiled slightly.

"No, I'm okay, besides, what am I going to wear?"

"I'm sure Dierra Sawyer will have something you can barrow." Tracey giggled.

"No, I'm sorry but I think Pansy wants a costume, not a lingerie set." Millicent declined for me.

"Yeah, anything I get from her is guaranteed to be too small or too skanky." I added. "No thanks." I finished the last of Daphne Greengrass' braids and handed her a mirror. She was supposed to be Daja Kisubo* from some muggle book, though I was the only one to know that. She had even magicked her arm to look like that living metal mess the girl had created. "I'll be in the library for a while then probably in bed." I told them. "Do not worry about if I'm having fun, and do not wake me when you get back." I retrieved my schoolbag and wand before leaving the girls in our seventh-year dormitory.

I was not at all worried about them waking me when they came back-- I had charmed the emerald green hangings around my bed to stay SHUT. So even if they did get the nerve to wake me (I'm horrible when I've just woken up) they would not be able to get to me. My problem was whether or not they would brainstorm to get me a costume and to the ball. I pray to the gods they don't, but sometimes, those girls surprise me. I just need... luck. Luck not to get caught by the girls, luck to find Harry Potter, luck no one recognizes me, and luck to get out of the Great Hall in time to miss the unmasking. A lot of luck.

It's times like this I wish I had Felix's help. Oh, how I miss him.

I said before that when I figured my hiding place for my masquerade costume, I felt totally, utterly, and completely stupid. It was for good reason: the Room of Requirement. I mean, why wouldn't it be the perfect place? Only a small percentage of the Hogwarts population knows that it exists, and an even smaller group actually knew how to use it. Not even the headmaster knows how to locate it. Only the people who were in Potter's DA club or in Umbridge's Inquisitorial Squad know exactly where to find and how to use the Room of Requirement.

So this is where my things were. The Room of Requirement. Not turning back. Not that I can't, but it would be a shame to put so much effort and time and money into the perfect project and not follow through. So I began.

~*~

First came the underwear. Yes, I know, too much information, but I don't care. If my clothes are practically see-through, I need the prober underclothes! Boy shorts and my new strapless push-up bra. Over that came the, thin, nearly sheer pants. They flared out at the waist, but came back together at the ankle.

My top was not solid, but came pretty close; my bra would not be seen unless I decided to show it. The sleeves were puffed out similarly to my pants and the neckline fell off of my shoulders. Everything was a pretty (gag), powdery pink (double gag).

Accessories were simple: gold colored ballet flats, a gold thick chained necklace and a single gold bangle on my upper arm.

Next was my veil and hair. And my eyes. Going with the custom, my veil was sheer and gold. I fastened it just below my eyes, the band stretching through my hair and settling above my ears. I used a hair-lengthening charm to grow my hair to waist-length and flicked my wand again to twist it into a loose braid. My eyes, a detail that shouldn't worry me too much, I transfigured into a deep indigo-ish color. Their transformation had nothing to do with my costume and everything to do with my not wanting to get found out. The final detail was the golden tiara that marked me for who I was tonight: Princess Jasmine of the Disney movie Aladdin. I may not have a beggar to make my prince, but I certainly had a pirate.




~o~

The Masquerade Ball was in full swing by the time I decided to make my debut. Of course I attracted attention-- I was a princess wearing practically sheer clothing, acting humble by wearing a veil. Plus, I wasn't exactly recognizable. I hoped. So I ignored them, wanting to blend in with the crowd. Eventually, I did. Girls got tired of glaring and even more so of their dates staring, so they redirected attention to themselves. I was grateful.

"There's a school rule that says sexy women aren't allowed at dances alone." I heard a familiar voice. I had forgotten Draco would be here, but then again, I thought he'd be occupied. Hint, hint.

"Who's to say that I don't have a date?" I replied without turning around. I kept my voice low so he wouldn't recognize it.

"If you do, I'd doubt he'd let you wander alone," Draco argued. His arms wrapped around my waist and he pulled me so close that his er, pelvis rubbed into my backside. I was unaware that he was in such proximity. I was prepared to do some twerking, but not on my ex. I didn't even want to look at my ex.

"Excuse me, but I have to find someone," I removed his grip and walked forward. Of course Mr. Horny-Pants couldn't take no for an answer.

"How are you just going to ditch your date like that? You can at least give me once dance."

I scoffed, "I'd rather hug a Blast-Ended Screwt than dance with you, Malfoy. But I'll be nice and do like you asked," I turned and brought my knee up. "It's called the Nut Cracker." I know, so corny, but so appropriate! And it made me feel better about the break-up, even if I was over it. My night only got better when I saw Blaise Zabini rush over to help his "best friend." Hint.

I took a table to myself wanting to scope out the crowd and get and idea of where my pirate prince was. It's funny how all last month I was denying every aspect of this crush on the Boy Who Lived. Now I'm here, searching for him, wanting him to like me back. I swear, the gods re gonna owe me, big.

"Want to dance?" I looked up from my bottle of butter beer to see a clown. I'm not kidding, a white-faced, red-nosed clown. I examined his bright red hair, freckles made pale beneath the white paint, and blue eyes. Weasleby. Potter had to be nearby.

"Sure," I was using him. So what? I'm a Slytherin, it's what we do. I never said I was proud of it.

An upbeat song was playing, There And Back Again by Daughtry. I could dance... okay, but Ronald Weasley? Not at all. Whatever Granger sees in him is a complete mystery to me. I laughed.

"Who are you?" Weasly asked.

"Princess Jasmine," I answered, knowing he wouldn't get it. He didn't.

"Who is that?"

"The future queen of a distant kingdom," I giggled at the Weasel's confused expression. Perhaps confusing the redhead would have been more amusing than tormenting him? It seems so. "The damsel in distress in a Disney movie." That gave him some clarity.

"Okay, that's your costume, but what about you?" I smiled appealingly.

"That's a secret you might find out at midnight." The last chords of the son faded. Weasley squeezed his over-large red nose and it emitted a loud HONK! I laughed loudly then returned to the primary goal that was my reason to attending this stupidly brilliant Masquerade Ball.

I didn't have to look long at all.

"Is there a reason you were dancing with my best friend?" a grime-covered hand closed around my bicep; I glanced up and found an equally grimy face with all the features of my crush.

"Is there a reason why it matters?" I shot. Why is it that everytime I come in contact with Harry Potter I can never be straight-forward and have to give him the run-around? He's also exceedingly annoying, childish, and makes me want to melt. Sigh.

"Sorry, I was under the impression that you were looking for someone,"

"And that someone just happens to be you?"

"I can hope, right?" I rolled my eyes. Harry grinned. The song, The Veronicas' Untouched faded into a much slower one, Stay With Me.

"You want to dance?"

"I'm not sure if princesses should dance with pirates." I told him, raising my brows.

"I won't kidnap you or hold you for ransom if that's what you're thinking." He replied. "I'm the good sort of pirate." I rolled my eyes again but couldn't help smiling; Harry was kind of charming like that. So I let him pull me into his arms and started moving with the music.

Stay with me/ Don't let me go

"So which princess is this?" Harry asked me.

"You have to ask?" I question.

"I have an idea, but I wouldn't think that your type would know about the Disney princess movies."

"My type?"

"Pure bloods. Or almost-pure bloods. People who know nothing about muggles."

"Oh." That made me feel... a bit stupid. Jumping to conclusions and all. "I have a cousin. She loves Muggles. You wouldn't believe how many Disney classics and DCOMs she's had me watch. I should feel embarrassed, but I don't to some degree."

We'll be okay if we don't let it disappear!

"So what exactly are you supposed to be?" I asked him about his costume. "You don't exactly seem like the pirate type."

"It was the best think at Phoenix Eye."

"Oh really?" a smiled flirtatiously, though I doubted Harry could see. It did kind of go with the mood though. "No princes?"

Stay with me and hold me close because I build my world around you!

"I'm not exactly the prince type."

"I can think of some people who would disagree." I admitted. I didn't quite think that Harry Potter was a prince, per ce, but he came awfully close-- closer than some self-proclaimed princes, that's for sure!

"Are you one of them?" Harry raised his brows this time.

"Sorry," I fluttered my lashes, something I never do.

I searched my heart over so many, many times

"So who is beneath this veil, Princess Jasmine?" Harry asked me after a while. I pulled my arms tighter around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I'm not too sure if you'll be finding out this night." I murmured.

"Why not? The unveiling is soon, you know." I shrugged. I didn't really care. Let him find out that it's me. That would only make my night the best one of my life.

Cause I don't want to know what it's like without you.

Then it hit me-- the unveiling was soon. I checked my watch. Three minutes. I had to get ghost and stay that way, quick. Not literally meant, of course.

"I really have to go, I told him, reluctantly withdrawing my arms from his shoulders.

"What? Why?"

"I jus-- I can't-- I just do. I'm sorry."

"But-- please-- I--"

"Sorry." I made it out the Great Hall just as the countdown began.

So I stood waiting in the dark...


``````````

Author's Note: *For those of you who may not know, Daja Kisubo is a character from the Circle of Magic Series by Tamora Pierce. If you've never heard of it, it's a good read, so is the author (yes, this time I remember actually reading it.). I only thought to add this just now^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story