Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If You Look in the Mirror and don't Like What You See

Darken your Clothes and Strike a Violent Pose

by YouCanRunAwayWithMe 2 reviews

Because beating up the captain of the football team is what a girl does every day.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-01-10 - Updated: 2012-01-10 - 3448 words

1Funny
Hey guys! Hopefully someone still remembers me… sorry for my terrible updating. I have no proper excuse so I'm not gonna make one. Yeah so here is chapter 3. I actually had to read over the last chapter cos I totally forgot what the story was about! Ooh ooh! Okay so my school has a new principal and I swear to god that motherfucker has a creepy fetish for megaphones. She yells at us through probably a choice of them from a collection and has fitted some on the walls around out school. The actual fuck? Anyway, here it my latest installation - ENJOY!!

~|~|~|~

Gerard shuffled round on the bench, his eyes darting nervously round the hall. Eliza picked nervously at the fraying edge of her novel. She cleared her throat softly and took a small breath.

“So, uh… what’s this school like?” she asked softly. Gerard took an unsteady breath.

“Well, y’know, the usual. Uh… we have the regular clichés guess: bitches, jocks, geeks, emos, normal people and a whole load of motherfucking stupid teachers,” he replied quietly. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Eliza’s expression harden. He assumed she was worried about her first day. “But I’m sure you’ll fit in fine,” he added hastily. To his surprise, Eliza slammed her hands down on the table and stood up suddenly. The conversations around the table died off immediately and they stared up at the angry girl towering over Gerard.

Eyes flashing dangerously she climbed over the bench and stood defensively close to the wall.
“Perhaps later you can explain to me exactly what a normal person is,” she hissed venomously. She flung her bag over her shoulder and stormed away. “Labelling bastard,” she muttered audibly under her breath as she strode purposefully out of the cafeteria.
She stormed fiercely down the corridor looking determinedly at the grubby once cream and terracotta floor pattern. Before she turned a corner, she crashed into something solid. There was a flurry of colours and a deep voice cursed up at her from the floor. She rushed an apology and reached down a helping hand the the beefy teenager sprawled on the squeaky floor. He pushed her hand away scowling. She lingered anxiously to check he was not hurt. He stood up and sneered at her.

“Look bitch, you get your ass outta here. See, we got enough freaks here. We don’t need no more,” he snarled.

Eliza smirked and rolled her weight onto one hip before laughing. “You’d better get moving then before someone really gets pissed at you.”

“You calling me a freak?” he snarled, advancing on her.

Eliza was unfazed by his approach and clenched fists. “Just giving an honest piece of advice,” she smiled innocently.

The beefy kid stepped forward so the two were practically nose to nose. “You call me a freak one more time and I’ll-”

“You’ll what?” she cut in impatiently. “How many people have you called a freak? They don’t do nothing to you as far as I can see so why should you act out on them?”

“Look bitch, stop preachin’ at me or I'm gonna hit you,” he spat.

“Look bitch, you don’t scare me,” she retorted sweetly. The boy snarled loudly and swung his arm round to meet Eliza’s faintly amused face. His fist was blocked in mid blow. He looked round in shock to see his fist stopped by Eliza’s strong arm. She twisted his arm round with ease. He howled in pain. The pair was vaguely aware of approaching footsteps from the canteen. A small crowd tentatively gathered round them. The boy’s eyes began to water. Eliza leaned down to speak clearly into his ear.

“Now now… someone forgot their manners. You never introduced yourself. What’s your name?” she asked in a low, dangerous voice.

“J-Jason,” he gasped.

“Jason what?” she asked twisting his arm around an inch further.

“Jason Burke,” he cried in a strained voice.

“Well Jason Burke, pleased to meet you. I’m Eliza Smith.”
She sighed with ease. “So, pleasantries out of the way. Now you can fuck off,” she flung him to the ground and walked away placidly through the lingering crowd. Ross, Sam and Chase stared after open mouthed from the outskirts of the group.

Jason scrambled to his feet and yelled after her.
“You’re gonna pay for that, bitch!” Eliza flipped him off casually over her shoulder without turning or breaking her pace. Jason lumbered off angrily, cradling his painful arm. Sam ran faithfully after his football captain, leaving his friends standing shocked among the others.
Rapid footsteps caught up with Eliza.

“Dude, you’re so cool. You just fought off the captain of the football team!” yelled an excited black haired girl at her side.

“Hi there and yeah, I guess I did,” she greeted the new figure with a small uninterested smile, as if she had these encounters ordinarily.

“What was that all about though?” the girl asked.

“Oh, he called me a freak, I pissed him off. He called me a bitch, I called him a bitch. He tried to punch me and I scared him. And we all lived happily ever after,” she replied dryly. The girl broke into explosive laughter.

“Dude you’re gonna be big here. No wait, you’re gonna be like Big with a capital ‘B’,” she grinned excitedly making crazy hand gestures. “You shoulda seen the look on Jason’s face when you flipped him off though. He is gonna kill you like, so bad,” she giggled. “I’m Lindsey by the way,” she grinned.

Eliza smiled warmly at the girl. If there was one way to describe her, it was punky. Like herself, she was covered in tattoos and extremely pale. She wore a short tartan pleated skirt and heavy biker boots. She had a tie slung loosely round her neck and her black waistcoat was covered in badges and brightly coloured safety pins.
“Hi.”

“Where’s your homeroom?” she asked, snatching the timetable from where it poked out of her messenger bag. Eliza stopped to lean against the wall. Lindsey leant next to her and smiled.

“Oh my god that’s awesome,” she grinned. Eliza looked up with interest.
“We have practically all the same lessons! Except Biology and Chemistry. Oh and History cos I take Geography instead. But fuck it. Everyone skips those lessons anyway.” She nodded thoughtfully, glancing sideways at Eliza’s expression. She was clearly at ease and maybe slightly pleased that she would know someone in her lessons.

“You’re right, that is awesome,” she agreed, grinning suddenly.

“Yo, do ya wanna hang with us at lunch and stuff?”

“Sure, thanks! Saves me from being dragged into that group with that douche Gerard and having the threat of being fucked by Sam,” she laughed dryly. Lindsey laughed with her.

“Dude, you get round,” she chuckled.

“Worrying, ain’t it? I’ve been here, what, half an hour?” the girls laughed together and Lindsey led her to homeroom through the stuffy corridors which were fast filling up. Eliza’s bright presence earnt many curious stares which she pointedly ignored as she chatted casually with Lindsey. Eventually, the two girls meandered through the cramped labyrinth of corridors to the top of the school in the music block. They came to a stop outside a plain white door with a long rectangular pane of glass to one side. Lindsey pushed the door and sauntered in, walking immediately to the back row and propping her feet up on the table. She beckoned Eliza to join her. Eliza skipped merrily through the classroom, blue hair jumping wildly round her head as she positively fell onto the chair next to Lindsey, causing the handful of people in the room to burst into explosive fits of laughter.

Lindsey was doubled over, shaking her head with tears leaking out of her eyes. Her laugh was so infectious that even Eliza began to giggle quietly. Kids from various social clusters were dotted round the room. Some nerdy kid with thick glasses came over to give her a high five. After a few minutes, their laughter eventually died off. A few more people flowed in, bemused by the outbursts of giggles erupting from the already settled members of the class.

Just as the bell rung, signalling the start of homeroom, a huge group of jocks strolled into the room, followed by streams of adoring plastic looking girls. Eliza raised an eyebrow with contempt, the side of her mouth pulling up slightly. At the head of the crown swaggered none other than Jason Burke. He grinned arrogantly round the suddenly quiet classroom until his eyes fell on Eliza. Her smile widened and she waved brightly from her seat.

“Hi there Jason Burke!” she chirped with an infuriating grin. He scowled and threw himself into his usual seat. His gang filed through obediently, sitting in their places in turn. The plastics split off into groups, casting jealous glances at Eliza. With a victorious smirk she turned to Lindsey.

“What’s all this homeroom shit about?” she asked.

Lindsey stared at her incredulously. “Wait, you don’t know?” Eliza shook her head, unabashed. “Well basically, it’s morning registration. Roll call y’know? And then we have roll call after lunch and in between then, no one notices if you’re gone or not.” Eliza nodded with understanding. A moment later, the door flung open and a young woman strolled in.

“Mornin’ class,” she called brightly in a strong southern drawl. She got a low non-committal murmur back. The teacher was very pretty, really. Eliza studied her smiling face as she took registration. She was covered in freckles but was extremely tanned. Her long golden hair was tied up in a loose pony-tail at the back of her head and her bright blue eyes twinkled with good humour and originality. The ID tag round her neck read ‘Miss Enfield.’

Miss Enfield called out the names, ticking off each present student with a multi coloured gel pen on the roll. She frowned slightly at Iero’s absence. The boy was late a little too often recently. With a quiet sigh she carried on with list.

She stopped as she came down to Eliza’s name printed on the register. She looked up and scanned the class of chatting teenagers. Sat in the back of the class making crazy hand gestures to the laughing gothic bassist was a girl with a shock of blue hair. She smiled to herself and cleared her throat loudly. The class gradually looked up at her. She stood up and walked to sit on the front of her desk.

“So class, I'm sure y’all aware that today we got ourselves a new student,” she announced, swinging her Doc Marten boot clad legs carelessley. “Y’care to introduce yourself?” she nodded at Eliza. Eliza smiled back and stood up. The students turned to look at her.

“‘Kay, so hi everyone. I'm Eliza Smith from London,” she said casually.

Miss Enfield smiled warmly. “Hey there Eliza. Tell us three things ‘bout yourself.”

“Right. Umm I play guitar and sing, have a weird obsessive crave for coffee and Skittles and-” she was cut off as the door slammed open. Frank ran into the classroom and threw his bag on the floor as he leant down and panted heavily. Miss Enfield stared down at Frank with contempt.

“What’s ya excuse this time, Iero,” she asked hardly.

“So- sorry, Miss,” he puffed, “totally- totally forgot- that we had homeroom.” The class chuckled though no one said anything cutting, knowing Frank’s dangerous nature. Gerard panted in a minute after Frank positively wheezing as he leant against the cool wall to recover his breath. Miss Enfield rolled her eyes and slipped off her desk, gesturing for Eliza to sit down before falling heavily onto her seat.

“Sit down, boys,” she sighed marking them off on the register. She marked them in on time because she had a soft spot for the boys’ musical talents. Frank trooped to the back row to join Lindsey and Gerard sat in the front row with Sam and a bleach blonde girl who began drooling over him before he had even sat down. Eliza wrinkled her nose with disgust but brightened when Frank offered her some Skittles. Lindsey grinned knowingly as Eliza grabbed a large handful. Frank’s eyes widened in shock.

“Duude not cool!” he complained loudly.

“What?” mumbled Eliza through a mouthful of the brightly coloured candy.

“You took so many,” he whined, “they’re like my lifeline.”

“Same, man. Cut me some slack,” she retorted hotly. Frank scowled and turned away. “But you know, I’ll get you a jumbo pack after school if you two wanna come round to mine later.” Frank smiled brightly and gave her a hug. Lindsey slipped her cell under the table to text her mum. She leant over to whisper in Eliza’s ear.

“Do ya mind if the both of us stay the night?” Eliza grinned happily nodding vigorously. Frank’s head bowed as he typed on his phone.
After a minute or two, he smirked mischievously. “For your information, ladies,” he said in a low voice, “you’re gonna wanna be in the cloakroom at break. Bob just texted me. We’ve got shit to do.” With that he stood up and swept out of the classroom, just as the bell rang shrilly through the thin walls of the airy classroom.

~|~|~|~

Eliza strolled into the chemistry lab ten minutes late. A small wiry figure in a white lab coat and huge glasses turned to her with annoyance.

“What is it?” he snapped sharply, his explosion of white hair shaking slightly as he jerked his head around wildly.

“Dude, take a chill pill,” she rolled her eyes exasperatedly. “I’m new here. I'm meant to be in your class,” she said coolly. She could see immediately that the two were not going to get on.

“Yes, yes, whatever. Go and sit down in the free seat next to Mr. Way. For your information though, the class follows a strict seating plan so I trust you will keep to it,” he glared at her hotly through his thick round glasses.

“Sure thing,” she sighed looking round the lab for the free seat. Her face fell as she saw Gerard's wide eyed expression.
“Fuck you weird Einstein dude,” she cursed under her breath as she fell into the seat behind the wooden counter. She laid down her head in her arms and blocked out the teacher’s dull monotone as her heavy jet lag finally caught up with her.
About half an hour later, Gerard cleared his throat and Eliza snapped back to reality from her drowsy state. She glared coldly at Gerard with annoyance.

“What?”

“Umm, well Professor Steinwell gave us this neutralisation worksheet to do in pairs.” Eliza glanced at it briefly before shrugging and falling asleep on the desk again. Gerard gave a frustrated sigh and smacked his hand on the table. “Look, I'm sorry, okay? I don’t know what I said or anything but sorry!”

Eliza looked up with a more neutral expression on her face. She nodded and smiled slightly. “I have a problem with people who label,” she shrugged. Gerard nodded in understanding. “But out of interest, what’s a normal person?” she enquired in a tight voice.

“Umm… I really actually don’t know,” replied Gerard, a small frown denting his forehead. He looked up after a moment and smiled ruefully. “But whatever normal is, I wouldn’t classify you there.”

Eliza huffed, partly in good humour, partly still annoyed and closed up. “Well geez, thanks…” she turned back to the worksheet and reached down to fish a bitten biro pen from her bag. She thought for a moment before scrawling messily over the sheet, completing the work in record time. In Gerard's standards that is. Because he was still struggling painfully over the first question. Eliza snatched Gerard’s paper and copied the answers over, a perfect mimic of his handwriting. She shoved the paper back in his face with an annoying smirk and laid her head back on the desk. Soon the bell rang signalling break and the pair stood up gratefully, trooping off to their recommended destination of the locker room.

~|~|~|~

Eliza walked briskly into the sweaty locker room munching a white chocolate chip cookie. Lindsey called over to her. Eliza smiled and joined her on the pale wooden bench.

“Where’s Frank?” she asked, wiping her chin. Lindsey grinned and tapped the side of her nose. “No fair,” Eliza yelled.

“Chillax. I got no idea neither,” she chuckled. The girls chattered easily for a few minutes. In the middle of Lindsey explaining the heavenly taste of Lucky Charms to Eliza, a flurry of black and purple attacked her. She screamed and fell to the floor. The mass of dark colour disentangled itself from Lindsey and stood up, grinning hyperactively.

The figure had dark brown hair to her shoulders and was clad in black skinny jeans and a purple vest top covered in badges. She giggled excitedly. “Boo,” she cut in between bursts of giggles as she reached down to help a laughing Lindsey to her feet.

“Hey Jamia,” she chuckled. She gestured to Eliza. “This is the new girl. She’s British so like, respect her dude,” she grinned. Jamia turned to her and squealed a hyperactive hello. Eliza grinned and waved back, thoroughly amused by this girl’s antics.

“Hey there. Are you usually this hyper?”

Jamia giggled again. “No but I just hacked into Frank’s locker and ate all his Skittles. That’s about seven packets,” she laughed. Eliza joined in easily. That girl’s laugh was seriously infectious.

Lindsey chuckled and sat back down next to Eliza. “Frank’s girlfriend,” she clarified. “He can’t stay mad at her for long. Actually, thinking about it, no-one can.”

“Yeah I know right,” snickered Jamia. “Seriously though, do any of you guys know why Frank told us to be here?” both girls shook their heads. “Well whatever he’s up to, it won’t be long now. All his mates are here,” she mused gesturing round the locker room, gabbling at top speed. As if on cue, Andrea strutted into the room, teetering on her high heels, a pack of Barbie-doll-looking girls trooping faithfully after her in a single file line. The girls craned their necks for anyone they recognised to go gossip with. Most of them immediately spotted Gerard and his gang and began pouting ridiculously and fluttering their three inch long fake eyelashes. Gerard looked away immediately, his expression a mixture of disgust and exasperation.
Andrea tottered over to her locker and pressed the code into the pad. She turned the handle and pulled the door open. Suddenly, a short figure leapt out, yelling like a mad thing. Andrea squealed with fear and ran headlong out of the room, breaking one of her heels as she went. The room burst into peals of raucous laughter, clapping Frank heartily as he stood up on a bench and addressed the crowd, eyes shining triumphantly.

“Hello everyone! Thank you for turning up on this fine, fine morning. I would like to thank a few people for my success today. Thanks Bob the Hacker: couldn’t have done this without you man, my knees for not making giving up on me and of course the star of the show, none other than the infamous Andrea Simpson!” he shouted. The people in the hall whooped and clapped. Frank grinned around and spotted Jamia. She waved at him grinning and giggling. He grinned back. “Also,” he continued, “I would like to thank Jamia for being so beautiful. C’m’ere baby,” he beckoned her forward. She stood up and sprinted to the bench beside Frank.
With a gleam in his eyes, he pulled her up on the bench next to him and kissed her square on the mouth. A mixture of reactions ran round the locker room. ‘Eww’s’ and ‘aww’s’ battled for dominance in the stuffy room, only to be interrupted by the harsh ringing of the school bell. Jamia pulled away giggling.

“I think this calls for a skip!” she yelled. Her friends cheered and turned to run out of the room. Lindsey pulled a bemused Eliza to her feet and followed the crazy mob out of the locker room into the crisp autumn air.
Sign up to rate and review this story