Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Howl

The Lying

by MCRmy_Chick 2 reviews

Mikey confronts his alpha.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-01-14 - Updated: 2012-01-15 - 524 words

0Unrated
AN: I am so sorry that this chapter's so short! I just found out that I'm pregnant, and I'm so stressed, and I'm SORRY, okay?! I promise that I'll do better next time. Also, have any of you checked out my latest story? It's based on the album 'The Emptiness' by Alesana. If you're looking for a good murder/Frerard fic, I recommend it.

-- HoWL --

His breathing was too loud.

To a human he would be completely silent, but he wasn't human, and neither were the people he sought. To them, his tiny puffs of breath would sound like an incoming train. Wolves were taught to filter out important sounds so they wouldn't be deafened by a sneeze next-door, so there was a chance they wouldn't hear him coming.

Mikey Way snorted and kept moving. They knew he was coming; they'd be lying in wait.

The young wolf trotted through the forest at a seemingly calm pace, but his heart was racing. That would give him away too. It had only been three minutes since his confrontation with Frank, and now he was going to report Gerard's disappearance to the pack. It was procedure, especially when the missing wolf happened to be next in line for pack leadership.

'Gerard Way, head werewolf and gay,' Mikey thought, almost laughing. There would be hell to pay for this; even among werewolves, homosexuality wasn't something to be proud of. How would the werewolf gene be passed down if you couldn't breed? They were a dying race already, and now their beta had foolishly taken the wrong mate.

Mikey sighed, his paws trudging against the muddy ground. "My brother's an idiot," he decided. 

"Why?"

The gray wolf appeared so suddenly that Mikey almost ran into him. He scrambled to a halt and took a shaky breath. "Jason!" he exclaimed. "I didn't see you! Sorry I-"

"Never mind," said Jason, his ears flat against his skull. He was massive, almost as large as a bear. His fur was a solid stone-gray, contrasting sharply with his green eyes. "Why is Gerard an idiot?"

Mikey hesitated. Lying to the alpha was punishable by death, but he was certain that Jason would kill him if he said anything about Frank.

Frank. That damn human boy. Mikey couldn't help but think that if he'd kept a better eye on his brother, Gerard never would have kissed him. Now there were only two ways out of this, and neither would be pleasant.

"Well..." said Mikey reluctantly. "He's... missing."

Jason's eyes bored into his. "Missing?" he echoed. "For how long?"

"Just a day, sir."

Jason relaxed visibly, the fur on his neck and shoulders flattening in relief. "That's not so bad," he said, the beginnings of a smile on his lips. "He's probably just wandered off. You of all people should know how he is."

Mikey grinned sheepishly. Jason was a good, understanding person, but if he knew what was really going on...

"I suppose you're right.  I just got carried away. I'm sure he's... okay."

And Mikey, who had maybe one month left to live, followed his alpha into the woods.
Sign up to rate and review this story