Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Battle Of The Bands

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark.

by AtomicHydrogen 2 reviews

Both bands find out about the competition and decide to take the challenge on.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Published: 2012-01-18 - Updated: 2012-01-18 - 1485 words

0Unrated
30 Seconds to Mars.



The three males had bought an apartment of their own only a few months back, it wasn't located in the best of places, but they knew it'd do for they could actually afford it. The walls were tattered, the paint faded, it seemed as if it hadn't been painted for a good five years, and it probably hadn't, seeing as though its last owner had been in their mid 80's. The rooms were small, and Jared and Shannon had to share a room, they didn't mind for they had lived together for their whole lives. Their room wasn't really decorated, posters covered chips in the walls, signed guitar picks covering a few. Two small beds stood in the center, only inches apart, over them hung plain but comfortable sheets. They each shared a wardrobe and bathroom, Tom shared it too. Tom, on the other hand, slept on the couch, it had never bothered him, for he was capable of making do of what he had been given, even if the living room was cluttered with boxes they hadn't bothered to unpack.



Jared entered the living room as he stifled a yawn behind his long and thin fingers, his blue eyes dimmer than usual seeing as though he had only just woken up. Staggering into the kitchen, he routed through the cupboards, locating only one clean glass - the others had either been broken, or they hadn't even been washed. Setting the glass down, a soft thud sounded, he then approached the fridge his palm smoothing over his bare torso - he slept in only his pyjama bottoms, especially when summer came around -lowering himself, his fingers latched onto the cold, metal handle allowing him to force the stiff door open. Cold air caressed his skin as he managed to open it, Jared taking pleasure in it; their air coditioner had broken after all. His hand moved into the fridge, pushing other items aside, it moved farther in until he had located the apple juice. Dragging the carton to him, he then rose, knocking the door shut with a single movement of his knee. As he poured the juice into the glass, he was taken aback by a sudden gasp, his hand moving meaning the juice splashed onto the counter's surface.



"Yeah, thanks for that Tom," he moaned as he searched for a towel of some kind. Seeing none, he shrugged, dismissing it for now.



Approaching the sofa in which Tom sat he then saw that Shannon had joined him too, they sat only half an inch apart, engrossed in the computer screen, a smirk rising on their lips.



"What have I told you about watching that stuff?" Jare joked. "I don't mind you expressing your sexualities, but that stuff's just dirty."



Tom rolled his eyes as he pushed his dark hair from his features, his other hand smoothing over his beard. He managed to push the comment aside as Shannon turned to glare at his brother, his lips straightening for only a second. The situation was dropped as quickly as the words had rolled from Jared's tongue, Shannon raising the laptop so his brother could see what they had been so interested in.



"They're holding a 'battle of the bands' in the venue only a couple of blocks from here," Shannon explained, a mischievous smirk curling his lips.



"Ah," Jared said only seconds after, knowing where they were going with this.The pair had always rambled on about competing in one, they had all attended one and knew the competition could be tough, they didn't have much chance of winning if they were against one of those bands who knew how to draw the audience in. But they were one of those bands, only they hadn't realised.



"Come on," Tom sighed as he rose to his feet. Setting the sheets aside, he approached his friend. Raising his hand, it soon lay on Jared's shoulder. "This could be our only chance," he said with a single nod of his head.



"Yeah, I understand that," his right eyebrow rose for he didn't understand why Tom had gotten so close just to tell him that.



Tom wasn't so sure why he had done it himself, letting his hand fall to his side with the softest of thuds, he entered the kitchen. Softly he inhaled as he let Shannon do the talking, he knew how to handle Jared better than anyone. Resting his palm on the counter, he then recoiled in disgust for he wasn't too sure what he had set his hand on. Looking down at the clear green substance, he sighed heavily, it had gotten sticky over the past moment or so and hadn't felt so nice to touch. He didn't complain though as he routed through the kitchen for a towel, seeing none he moved into the bathroom.



"Please, Jared," Shannon begged as he pressed his palms together, his dark eyes reflecting the light that hung over his head. "Do this, for me?" Jared contemplated for a moment, the pad of his thumb moving over his strong jawline, his bright eyes averted. Heavily he inhaled, his chest rising and falling as he did so. He knew his brother would bug him for the rest of the day, and he didn't want that for he knew how annoying Shannon could be.



"Come on, come on," he said over and over as he continuously jabbed his brothers bare stomach, a pleading smile shown on his lips.



"Fine," Jared grunted, a roll of his eyes clearly shown as he moved away from Shannon and passed Tom who had brought in a bathroom towel to clean up his mess. A chuckle corrupted for he hadn't had to clean it up himself.



Paramore.



Hayley moved on down the street, her hand rising to push her orange hair aside, her green eyes shown for today she had chosen to wear lenses. A smile had spread over her lips for she hadn't any reason to be down. Her black boots collided with the pavement, though it was impossible for her footsteps to be heavy, what with her being so small. Adjusting her yellow vest top, she inhaled, devouring the various scents, most of which consisted of car fumes and cigarettes; two scents she had grown used to. Jeremy and Taylor walked with her, humoured by her happiness, they had seen her happy many times before and still couldn't figure out why this occurred randomly, they assumed it was a girl thing - they did this often when their female friend acted strange. Jeremy adored it more than anything, what with his secret crush on her, he hadn't told anyone of this though for they had once been an item, it would only ruin their friendship.



They smiled at teenagers who passed for most were familiar with their music, well, those who tended to visit the bar inwhich their gigs were held. Tucking a lock of hair behind her ear, she stopped and turned to her friends. "We need to do something new," she announced out of the blue, a thoughtful look shown in her eyes. "As a band," she added.



Jeremy merely adjusted his glasses as they had began to fall, he then dropped his head in contemplation, Taylor doing the same. Thoughtful hums sounded in the base of their throats, Hayley watching them both with a smirk. She knew they had been spending too much time together for they had began to act the same, she adored it, in a strange way



Finally Taylor rose his head, a half-hearted shrug had began but had soon been stopped for his eyes narrowed, a smirk forming on his lips. "A competition!" he exclaimed as he shifted his red hat.



Hurrying on over the road, he approached the flyer, the other two following with a look of curiousity.



"Battle of The Bands," Hayley read, a bright smile shown on her red lips.



"The winning band wins a record deal," Jeremy read on.



This is what they had been waiting for, a chance to truly shine. They had all grown tired of playing at that small unkempt bar, they only earned five bucks an hour, this wasn't something they admired. They had competed before, but this had been at their school talent show meaning it hadn't been so superior - they had only won a plastic trophy. They had managed to take first place, this had boosted their confidence a lot allowing them to take the band farther and this was their chance.



"We have to do it," Hayley spoke up for she tended to make the decisions, but the other two didn't mind se though as her decisions had never been bad.



Jeremy and Taylor both nodded in unison, confident smiles emerging on both their lips for they both knew they could make it to the final, they had the talent, surely.
Sign up to rate and review this story