Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stranger

Shadows in the Night

by xxKilljoysxx 1 review

"And i'm standing here thinking, and I am completely overwhelmed with how much I love you, how sorry I am, and how much I wish for you to see the utter mess that I am without you."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-01-23 - Updated: 2012-01-23 - 1855 words

2Original
Another mysterious death has shocked New Jersey this evening, Owen Shaw, 38, father of two was found dead at 9.45 tonight, police suspect another murder, making the number of murders 7 in the past fortnight, all from, or near New jersey. Police say judging by the state of the body, the attack was violent and disturbing, they advise people to stay indoors after sundown.

I switched the tv off, looking grimly at the blank screen. It made me sick to think about these manic killings. I could feel the blood drain from my face as I looked out the living room window. My mom wasn't home yet and i constantly find myself worrying about her. My mom and I don't have the best relationship, seeing as she's always working, but she's all the family I have left. She's the only one who is still really cares about me and I don't know what I would do if she wasn't here.

I felt hesitant about visiting the forest tonight, which was unusual for me. I really wanted to see Gerard again, dispite what he may think. I considered putting it off until morning, but it was like I couldn't resist the urge.
Still, the faces of the seven people killed swam through my mind, I had a sickening feeling in my gut telling me to stay away, that there was something about Gerard that gives me a warning to stay away.
I shook my head, almost like i was trying to shake my reasons to stay home away, and stepped out the front door.
Pulling my jacket more securely around me, I looked up and down the abandoned street, which was lit by dull, flickering street lamps. There was no one around, everyone else must be sane enough to know to take the police's advice..
I sighed and smiled to myself.
"I'm fucking killing myself." I murmured under my breath before digging my hands into my jean pockets and walking down the path towards the woods.
I looked up at the clouded night sky and shivered as a gust of wind whipped past me, making goosebumps rise down my arms.
I saw the forest's entrance ahead and quickened my pace, being unable to shake off the feeling like I was being watched.
Once I reached the old gates I pushed at it, hearing the loud creak as I open it, letting the wind slam it shut behind me. I looked at the path ahead of me, there were no lights to guide the path here, because no one ever goes here at night. The only light supplied is from the moon, which tonight is concealed by thick, grey clouds. I frown as I begin to walk, feeling more vunreable than ever.
I didn't walk far until I heard the deafening creak of the gate opening and slamming shut behind me. I felt my heart skip a beat, I was only 10 metres away from the gate, but I could barely see my hands in the incredibly faint moonlight. I quickly walked off the path and stood in the shadow of a nearby tree, keeping my eyes fixed in the direction of the gate.
I held my breath and mentally slapped myself, it was stupid coming here tonight, the police uncovered a fresh body just hours ago. I wish Gerard was here.
The only sound breaking the silence is the slow patter and crunch of shoes scuffing the fallen leaves. I bit my lip to stop from screaming out as the approaching footsteps started to quicken.
I could make out a shadowy figure walking no more than two meters away from me. I felt the blood drain from my face and I closed my eyes, wanting to block out every fear that ran through my body.
"Frank?" I heard the figure say. I flicked my eyes open and say the body had stopped walking, I frowned, not knowing if i should answer or not.
"Frank? Where are you?" He whispered again, I could hear the shake in his voice, telling me that it was not a leathal stranger, not even Gerard. I stepped out from the shadows, though that did little to reveal myself.
I saw the person jump as he noticed me.
"Frank?" I heard the familiar voice ask nervously.
"Yeah," I heard the shake in my voice that held both relief and suspicion.
I heard the boy sigh and take my by the arm, pulling me towards the gate.
"Let go." I said, trying to squirm out of his strong grip.
"What are you doing in there? Are you trying to kill yourself?" He said, sounding annoyed.
He pulled the gate open and in the street's light I could see him properly. He turned to face me, frowning, but with a small side smile playing on his lips.
He had dark brown hair fell messily over his face and his bright blue eyes seemed to shine in the weak light. He was tall and lean, with lightly tanned skin.
I frowned at him, "Cooper" I sigh and he nervously bites at his lip ring.
"I told you not to bother me." I said, looking down at my laces.
"And you expected me to listen to you?" He smirked.
I didn't smile back.
"Look, I just.. What do you want me to say? Do you want me to appologise again? I'm sor-"
"You can stop apologising. It doesn't change anything." I said bitterly, and walked past him, back towards home.
Cooper ran after me, stopping infront of me so I couldn't walk past him.
"What were you doing in the forest. Didn't you hear the news."
"I heard it. And I was.. meeting someone."
Cooper looked hurt "Who?" He asked.
"None of your business." I started to walk away but he held me by the shoulders.
"Frankie" He sighed.
"Don't" I warn.
"I still love you."
I shook my head, "Why do you do that? You can say sorry as much as you'd like, and say i love you a million times, say whatever you want whenever you want to, but you never proved that the things you say are real, and you should have done when you had the chance. You never proved that what you said is true so don't say anything, because you never showed it, so the words you say don't mean a thing anymore."
"Frankie.."
"What are you even doing here? Have you been following me."
"I came to talk to you. And I saw you went into the woods so I went to get you out. I missed you, Frankie."
"Don't give me that shit." I say firmly, shrugging out of his grip.
"It would be a lot easier if you needed me as much as I need you." He said quietly, looking down at the cracked concrete below.
"Cooper.." I sigh.
"You miss me too. Even if it is just a little bit" He said suddenly, looking up into my eyes. "I can see in your eyes. You're lost without me too, Frankie."
I slowly shook my head, narrowing my eyes on his.
"Don't talk to me like you have me figured out."
"But I do have you figured out, I've had you figured out for the past two years. I know you better than anyone else, I know what you're scared of, I know how to make you laugh, I know how to make you smile, I know how to make you cry, I know what makes you angry, I know how to calm you down.. Okay? I'm someone I like more when you're standing by my side. You can turn everything around without even trying. You make me forget how to breathe. Especially now, since you've been gone."
"Don't make me the bad guy, you were the one who took me for granted. Thought that you going off with her would slip by unnoticed."
He grimiced, I know how much it hurts him when he's reminded. Right now I'm too frustraighted to care.
"I know I made a mistake, Frankie. I know I fucked up. But I also know that I hated every moment of it, I couldn't stand myself. And you left because I'm such an idiot. So now i'm alone, and i'm standing here thinking, and I am completely overwhelmed with how much I love you, how sorry I am, and how much I wish for you to see the utter mess that I am without you."
I nod, biting my lip and keeping my eyes on the ground.
"You're right, you are an idiot." I smile and look up at him to watch the small smile flick across his face."And you should know, forgiving you is hard, but not it's simple compared to forgetting."
He looks at me, his smile getting smaller, and nodded.
"And I don't want to lose you like I lose everyone else." I said quietly.
A smile formed of his lips again, he took both my hands in his, just as Gerard had that very afternoon..
I bit my lip nervously as I felt Cooper's eyes watching me. I slowly slipped my hands out of his. He looked confused and frowned at me.
"But that doesn't mean that I'm giving you a second chance."
I swallow thickly and look up at him. He looking at me, expressionless.

Two bright car lights shone behind us brightly, then I realised we were standing in the middle of the road. Cooper glanced behind him, took my hand and walked to the sidewalk. I recognise my mom's car as it pulls into the drive.
I turn back to Cooper, "I have to go. I'll see you later."
Cooper didn't say anything, but he didn't let go of my hand.
"Cooper." I said sternly, pulling my hand from his.
"Frankie." He said in the same voice, smiling a bit as he did. I frown at him and he smiles innocently at me. "Don't be mad, Frankie." He smiles, lifting my face up to his with his finger before he planted a soft peck on my lips.
I pulled away quickly. "Don't, Cooper." I warned.
He giggled, "Sorry." I raised my eyebrows at him.
"Frank? What are you doing outside?" I heard my mom call.
"Bye Cooper."
"See you."
I turn to walk into the house when Cooper calls out to me again.
"Hey Frankie." He runs over to me.
"Yeah?"
"Make sure you lock your door, there's some dude just standing behind the wood's gates and he kind of gives me the creeps. He's just leaning against the fence, I think he was watching us too."
I flick my eyes to look at the forest entrance, and surely enough, I could make out Gerard's perfect, glowing skin and dark black hair, and I'm sure I can make out his charming smirk in the blinking lights of the street lamps.

Hello! So thank you everyone who's reading my story and especially those who've rated/reviewed! It makes me so happy and helps with motovation to keep writing(: Please R and R to let me know what you think! xo
Sign up to rate and review this story