Categories > Movies > Sleepy Hollow > Creature of darkness

The priest and the witch.

by KillerQueen

We left off when Embeth discovered her purpose. In this part we find out what became of Mary Van Tassel.

Category: Sleepy Hollow - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Characters: The Hessian - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-01-28 - Updated: 2012-01-28 - 1096 words - Complete

?Blocked
Yes, Exactly as I told you,
I do believe she will come around by tomorrow all she needs is a small push in the right direction....Said the Hessian to the tall, bald, very pink skinned priest.
Hmm, The priest replied while rubbing his chin between his thumb and index finger.
What would be a small push in your opinion? He asked the Hessian sceptically,
he did not like nor trust the German, he knew well of his brutality and he would sooner spit at him than he would work for him.
Unfortunately for him, He was under the Germans strange power.
Whether he was being controlled into submission or his fear was too great to refuse he did not know but either way, if this Hessian wanted his service he would deliver it.
The hessian remained thoughtful for a moment contemplating his answer before finally answering with; Not much, just a strike or two and a few harsh words- Nothing too terrible I can keep her scared with threat of further violence, I believe she will cave in quickly she seems like a weak, frightened child already.
He topped off his answer with a dark grin.
Are you so sure? The priest questioned further.
Of course, I can he very persuasive.... he replied emphasising on the word very.
So, he continued; be there before 8.
I must take my leave as I still need to speak with Mary.
With that, the German left the priest to his own devices to prepare for the morrow.

Before he attended Mary, he thought it best he should check on his wife to be.
She still lay where, and exactly how he had put her he was content in the knowledge she would still be unconscious for a while, an hour perhaps?
Either way it still gave him enough time to persuade Mary to play her part in his master plan.

With a wave of his gloved hand and old words spoken in Latin he became enveloped in a dull grey haze, his skin seemed to glow as if he had white light running through his veins like blood and he began to fade out into nothingness during his departure.

In shock and surprise Mary dropped the book she had been reading when she saw the grey fumes and the blinding light, in seconds the light took on a human silhouette as it grew duller until she made out the form of the one person she thought she’d never look upon again.

When the light and the smoke had fully disappeared Mary looked at the man with both fear and contempt.
What do you want with me? She hissed at him.

She had never thought she would see him again.
She had never wanted to see him again-she wanted him to remain as a bitter memory.

She had not seen his face since the day he had stole her from the land of the living.
She had once feared him then believed he was her salvation....
Then the day he took her life he put her through hell; She remembered the salty metallic taste of her own blood when he half kissed, half bit her. The smell of him burning her nostrils he smelt of death, decay, old blood and earth. The smell had made her stomach heave.

She still had the scar from that kiss, both mental and physical; She had many more scars he added later for he tore at her flesh like a blood hungry beast.
Ugly silver scars still remained covering her face, back and chest.

Once she had been quite beautiful but he took all that away from her.
She had also once used lust as her weapon.....He had turned that against her too, turned it into an enemy, his lust was inhuman, grotesque and animalistic.
He had waited until she was weak, almost unconscious, waiting to die....then he had pounced upon her like a wild animal.

He tore off her ear and left breast with his teeth and then raped her over and over until she stopped caring.

until her last breath had escaped her body- until she was cold,dead...and temporarily unfeeling.
Her phantom form stood in the shadows watching with fury, sadness and defeat as he continued to desecrate her corpse.

And that is when she last saw him.
After all those wretched years, here he was again.....Asking for her help of all things!

He had promised she would never see him again if she did as he asked, told her he were the one holding her there, that he would set her free just as soon as she played her part.
Reluctantly, with the glimmer of freedom and the hope of some rest for her soul she agreed.

He smiled darkly; even without his shark like teeth showing he still was a fearful sight.
He was in control again and he liked it.
He thought he had let this bitch off too lightly before, he had never fully gotten over the fact she had killed him in the first place; Perhaps not by her own hand but it was her actions which had caused his death, hammered the final nail in the coffin so to speak- Not that he had actually had the benefit of a coffin....


He had learned something from that experience though.
He had since vowed never again should he spare the life of a child regardless of the fact he couldn’t be harmed by any living thing now.


Even as a child Mary was nothing but a deceitful little bitch.

Ichabod Crane proclaimed the truth; Evil wears many masks....None so dangerous as the mask of virtue.


Yes, he did let her off far too lightly; But at the same time once he had taken away her looks and used her lifeless cadaver to pleasure himself she no longer held any excitement for him.
she became no more than a discarded rag, locked in hell simply because at first it was his will and over time he had just forgotten about her.


Tomorrow Mary would be the maid of honour for his reluctant young bride.

He had made perfectly sure she understood her job; Which was to help Embeth get ready for the ceremony.
help her on with her dress, put up her hair, paint her face whatever it was women did for weddings....

Also Mary was to talk Embeth round; lie through her teeth if she had to.
Under no circumstances was she to mention her past grievances with him.
Sign up to rate and review this story