Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Bad Things Part 2

Chapter 2

by stargate-lover 0 reviews

Kyo goes to ask Inora for advice.

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Hatori,Kyo - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2012-02-04 - Updated: 2012-02-05 - 2296 words

0Unrated
(A/N): Ok so I’m just gonna say: Me(Sick+Work)=Sucky & no writing lol. Also you should be warned right now that I will be skipping weeks, even months, between each chapter for the entire story. This is necessary and you will see why around chapter 3. So sorry if time skipping bothers you, but if I didn’t it would be sooo booooring. ;)

(Kyo’s POV)
“That’s great! We weren’t expecting you until tomorrow,” Inora’s voice rang clear through the phone.
“Yeah Tohru wanted to surprise everyone,” I muttered.
“Oh shut up, you wanted to see everyone too,” she teased.
“Like hell I do! It’s just one more night I have to stay with that damn dog!” I yelled into the phone.
“Uh huh,” she muttered, but she sounded distracted.
“Listen I have something I wanna ask you, would you mind if I came over for a bit?” I asked. I knew she wouldn’t mind, but from what I hear, her and Hatori are still all over each other.
“Huh? Oh, you’re welcome whenever you want,” she mumbled. Was it just me or did she sound out of breath?
“Good ‘cause I’m almost there,” I said.
“Yeah… Listen I’ll talk to you in a little bit,” she said in a rush and just like that the line was dead. Well that’s weird, but whatever, she said I could come. I really needed to talk to her; she was really the only person I could ask about this. Shigure was too much of a pervert, Hatori would go all doctor on me, and Kazuma… it would just be weird. It will be a cold day in hell when I talk to the rat about something like this, we’re better, but nowhere near that.
I just let myself into Hatori’s… I mean their house. I always found it weird that Hatori didn’t move out of the estate as soon as he was free. I know that he felt he could still do a lot of good for the family, but what has the family ever done for him? Inora said she thinks he’d be happier with a small clinic, somewhere where he could help as many people as he could. Maybe he’ll still do that someday, but it’s not like it’s any of my business anyway.
“Hello?” I called in from the doorway. Everything was dark. Where were they? She said it was ok if I came…
“It’s not even that late,” I mumbled to myself as I checked my watch. I wandered slowly down the hallway. I had only been here a few times, and all of those times had been after they got married, but I knew about where everything was. As I was nearing the end of the hallway I finally saw a dim light shining out from under the door. If I remember right this is their bedroom, right? That was answered for me as noise hit my ears. Oh god, what do I do? I want to run like hell but my feet won’t move. So there I was, staring at the door in horror and covering my ears like some damn kid.
But in some sick way, isn’t this what I came to talk about? Maybe I’ll learn something if I just listen for a sec. I slowly peeled a hand off of my ear. Bad idea. The noise hit me again though thankfully it seemed to unstick my feet. I sprinted down the hallway and had a hand on the front door before I forced myself to stop. It’s really not that big a deal, it’s not like she’s being murdered by some horror movie monster. I sighed and forced myself to let go of the door. The living room, which was just to the right of the front door, should be far enough away for me to not hear anymore…
I wandered in and couldn’t help but crack a small smile. Inora hadn’t completely overrun his house but she had definitely made her presence known. Basically everything colorful, like the pillows on the couch and the blanket bundled up on the chair. I glanced over at the super nice T.V. that hung on the wall; on some shelves under it I was surprised to find several different game systems. Those had to be Inora’s but… I didn’t know she was a gamer. I was about to see what kind of games she had when my phone went off in my pocket.
“What the hell is your problem?” I ‘answered’. I knew it was her without even checking, she had insisted on choosing her own ringtone for when she called.
“What do you mean? I said I’d call you in a sec,” she said. God at least she could have caught her breath a little more before calling. I heard Hatori say something in the background that made her giggle. I resisted the urge to run again.
“No you said you’d talk to me in a sec after saying that I could come over!” I tried hard not to yell.
“Really? Hmm… I don’t remember that, but ok! Where are you?” she asked sounding all excited.
“I’m in your living room idiot,” I said while pinching the bridge of my nose.
“Oh!” she said and hung up. I stared at the phone for a few seconds like an idiot before putting it back in my pocket. I looked back to the games while I waited, a lot of them really looked awesome actually. It wasn’t long before I heard someone come down the hall and looked up to see Inora come in still pulling her shirt down over her stomach. I really never understood how she was so… not shy about this kinda thing. But that’s why I’m here.
“Kyo!” she squealed and tackled me into the couch.
“Hey! Get offa me!” I yelled out of habit.
“How come you never call?” she said ignoring my yell with a fake pout while she positioned herself comfortably in my lap.
“Do you have to sit on me?” I asked with a sigh.
“Seriously it’s been so long, what have you been up to? How’s your training? How’s living with Tohru?” she asked in a rush. Pretty soon after Inora got married I left to do some more training under a master Kazuma knew so I would be ready to help, and eventually, take over for Kazuma. I still couldn’t believe that Tohru had agreed to come with me.
“Geez lady. One question at a time,” I complained. “I haven’t been up to much besides training, which is going well, and I came to talk about Tohru.”
“Talk about…” she looked at me curiously.
“Well… more ask you for advice about… something about her,” I could feel myself blushing, good thing the lights still not on.
“Oh well I’m a fountain of wisdom and knowledge, ask away,” she said dramatically. Oh great, the last thing I need is for her to start acting like that idiot, Ayame. She must have guessed what I was thinking from the look I was giving her because she added, “Sorry, I must be spending too much time with Aya.”
“Whatever,” I sighed. “Listen… it’s about, um, you know.” Ugh can’t I just say it already? It shouldn’t be that hard.
“No I don’t know, can I at least get a hint?” she said with a chuckle.
“I got here earlier then you thought,” I blurted, I don’t even know where I was going with this.
“Yeah, I thought you were coming tomorrow,” she said with a grin. It was so clear that she’s happy to see me, that’s nice.
“Obviously, you know you coulda warned me to walk around the block a few times or somethin,” I mumbled.
“Oh I see, you heard us. Or really you heard me, he doesn’t make much noise…” she trailed off in her own thoughts.
“Damn it! Can’t you be a little shy about this stuff?” I yelled.
“Oooooh,” she drew it out then started laughing.
“What the hell are you laughing about?”
“I’m sorry… you’re just so obvious,” she said while still trying to get her laughter under control.
“What the hell-” I started but was cut off by a voice from the door.
“Something amusing?” Hatori asked.
“Oh just Kyo being Kyo,” Inora said brightly while messing my hair.
“And just what the hell does that mean?” I yelled while trying to squirm out from under her. That’s not so easy, she’s way heavier then she looks.
“I’ll make some tea,” Hatori sounded…amused, I don’t think I’ll ever get used to his lighter mood. He went to the kitchen and Inora turned to me with a knowing smile.
“So you think you’re ready to have sex with Tohru huh?” she asked bluntly.
“Wha…” I couldn’t form words. She hit the nail on the head. “Well not so much I’m ready… I’ve been ready.”
“Ooooh. I see. So what you’re saying is that you think Tohru might be ready to take that next step but…” she seemed to be having problems putting the last bit together.
“She knows nothing about it,” I whispered.
“Right! So since she has no experience with this then you can’t know for sure if she’s ready! And even if she was you two… well it wouldn’t be smooth.”
“Right… I’m not gonna lie I don’t know too much about it either,” I blushed harder.
“Oh I don’t think you have to worry about that too much. Basically you just let your instincts take over once you know the basics. I just don’t think… Tohru would give in to her instincts like that.”
“Right,” I sighed again.
“You know what you have to do right?” she asked suddenly.
“No that’s why I asked you.”
“You have to talk to her about it. It might be a little awkward… but if you think you’re ready to have sex, you have to be able to talk about sex. Once you talk about it though you can always tell her to come to me with questions,” she beamed at me.
“Fine,” I sighed. I had kinda hoped that there would be a different, simpler, answer to this. I knew all along there probably wouldn’t be though.
“Hey, same goes for you too, you know,” she said messing my hair again, this time I let her.
“So are those your game systems?” I asked, changing the subject. She just rode with it.
“Yeah,” she said with a chuckle. “You should have seen Hatori’s face when I got that box from Dan.”
“Your uncle? Oh that’s right you were staying with him,” I said remembering her muscular uncle.
“Yeah! He finally sent them to me! I think he was using them while I was gone and didn’t want to give them up. I totally danced around the house when I opened that box up then spent a solid hour setting everything up just right. Hatori had no idea.”
“No idea of what?” I asked.
“That he married a nerd,” she said and burst out laughing.
“You’re not a nerd,” Hatori said from the doorway. He set down the tea and took the chair, after throwing the blanket off onto the couch. I had to wonder… did he really not care that his wife was sitting on my lap?
“I am so. But it’s ok, I’ve come to terms with it,” she said still giggling.
“How does playing video games make you a nerd?” I asked.
“Well that’s the ‘gamer’ part of my nerdyness. You see I also like Anime and Mengas, comic books and a lot of science fiction” she said happily.
“Some of those Anime’s are quite cleaver,” Hatori said simply.
“You watch that crap?” I shot at him.
“It’s not all crap… though some of it is,” she said thoughtfully.
“Whatever. Can you get off me now? I should get going. I don’t wanna have to leave Tohru alone with that perverted dog for longer than I have to.” I explained. I didn’t really want to go back there, Shigure annoys the hell out of me, but I wanted to go back to Tohru. Inora and Hatori exchanged a look before Hatori finally spoke up.
“Kyo, you and Tohru are more than welcome to stay here if you wish,” he said.
“Yeah it’d be nice to have you two here and I like to think we don’t annoy you as much as Shigure,” she beamed. It would be nicer to stay here, though I’ve never stayed inside the gate before. But whatever, it’s not like that stupid gate means much now anyway.
“Thanks that would be… thanks,” I mumbled. I wish I was better with words, but they seemed to get it.
“I’ll drive you back and we can pick up your bags and Tohru,” Hatori said.
“You might need a crowbar to get Shigure off of them,” Inora joked.

(A/N): uuuuggghhh. Could not get his right! Sigh. Oh well. But hey! Everyone seems to get to hear these two go at it lmfao. At least they’re loud enough that people don’t actually walk in on them right? Haha anyway I hope you liked it!
Sign up to rate and review this story