Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Collision Of Your Kiss

A new start

by love4evermcr 1 review

Willa Mckenzie, a young music producer from Sydney looks for a new life in New York. Willa feels as if her life couldn't get any better.. But then she meets Gerard.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2012-02-04 - Updated: 2012-02-05 - 714 words

0Unrated
It was a crisp winters day in the streets of Brooklyn as young Willa McKenzie locked the door of her small, but homey apartment and made her daily, midmorning walk to Barnes and Noble. Willa was a fresh-faced, ambitious music producer of 19 years of age. Willa was just a regular girl from Australia trying to make her way in life. As she made her way down the now so familiar street she took out her beloved ipod and plugged in the tangled mess she claimed to be headphones.
‘What band am I in the mood for listening to this morning?’ she thought to herself as she scrolled through the endless list of punk, metal, indie, old-school rock ‘n roll and acoustic music on her ipod. Willa took a deep breath in through her nostrils and out through her mouth. The cold air filled her throat and her lungs and she instantly knew which band she was in the mood for.
‘My Chemical Romance’ she said out loud, smiling to herself. My Chemical Romance were Willa’s most favourite band since she was 14 years old. She started listening to bands like My Chemical Romance and others to try avoid and block out the troubles she had with her mother and father.

All Willa’s family problems had eventually built up and led to Willa trying to find comfort in alcohol and self-abuse. The abuse to her body went on for months at a time and her parents were too busy arguing over why Mrs. McKenzie had to work such late shifts down at the local club to even notice Willa’s abuse problem. Donald and Kirsten McKenzie were always bickering and fighting over anything you could think of.
One of their heated arguments one day led to Willa’s father forcefully hitting her mother with the back of his hand. Willa ran to her room crying, scared and frightened of what might happen next. She locked her bedroom and shut herself inside of her closet, weeping at the thought if he’d ever come after her too. The thought made her want to just escape it all again with a few drinks but as she sat there shaking, almost to afraid to move she wiped her tear streaked face and remembered her best friend Gemma telling her about this band that could ‘save your life’.
She crawled out of her closet and shuffled her wobbling jelly-like legs over to her bedside table where she had left the My Chemical Romance CD Gemma had lent to her that day at school for her to borrow and experience the life-changing music. Willa opened the first messy draw of her bedside table and took out her un-used walkman, put the My Chemical Romance CD titled ‘I brought you my bullets, You brought me your love’ into it, put her headphones on, jumped into her bed which she loved so much and pressed play.

Willa cried the first time she listened to the CD, the emotion in the lead singer’s voice touched her heart in a way no other kind of music had before. She was so overwhelmed with this new liking of the band she had come across that she searched up everything she could about them in magazines, on the internet and anywhere she could find anything My Chemical Romance related. It was from that moment when the album finished the first time she listened to it, that she new she was going to turn her life around. Go back to school, graduate, go to college and study music producing, get a degree and get out of Sydney and start a completely new life in New York. The years went by and she did graduate, and she did go to college and get a degree in music producing, and like her dream, she finally made it to New York.

She smiled to herself as she thought of how far she’s come from those days of drinking and letting herself fade away and she clicked on the song titled ‘Famous Last Words’. She hummed as she started her 5 block walk to her favourite book shop in New York for coffee.



This is my first attempt at writing fan fiction!
Please let me know what you think.
Sign up to rate and review this story