Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Keep It Running

Chapter 7

by sixbucksandadrpepper 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-02-09 - Updated: 2012-02-10 - 1467 words

0Unrated

Chapter 7

(still Gerard's POV)

We lay there in silence, watching the early evening sun cast shadows over the things in the room. Time was lost, and we both jumped in surprise at Bob's voice coming through the door downstairs.

"Dinner, you guys!"

Em grinned and reluctantly pulled away from me. We both located our strewn undergarments, and I pulled on my pants, leaving the shirt. I knew Bob wouldn't mind. Em put on a pair of cutoffs and a tank top. She had this satisfied smile on her lips, and she kept glancing over at me shyly. I took her hand and we skipped down the stairs to join Bob for dinner. When we entered the kitchen, I could tell Bob knew immediately what we'd been up to. He didn't say anything, but calmly took in our messy hair and shy looks that we kept giving each other. He caught my eye and smiled knowingly.

After dinner, Em stood up and kissed my cheek. "I'm exhausted. Mind if I turn in?"

"Not at all.I'll be up in just a couple minutes."

She smiled and disappeared down the hall. As I watched her go, Bob cleared his throat.

"You really love her don't you?"

I turned around, surprised. "Come again?"

"You heard me. You love her a hell of a lot. I can tell by the way you look at her."

I gave Bob a strange look. "Um, yes. I love her more than life itself. I always have."

Bob laughed. "Sorry if that came off a little weird. I just thought I'd ask."

"It's fine."

"So when are you going to ask her to marry you?"

"What?"

"Do you have a hearing problem or something? I said, when are you going to ask her to marry you?" Bob tilted his head in curiosity.

"I would do it right now, but she's still only seventeen. Six more months," I sighed wistfully.

"Oh."

"Bob, what are you getting at?"

"Nothing, just curious. Hey, did I tell you that Ray, Mikey, and Frank are coming down?They'll be here by tomorrow night."

"Bob, you're a genius. Em'll love that."

"I do try. And I'm planning a huge party a few days before they leave in a couple weeks. It'll be your first REAL party. You and Em will have a blast."

"I bet. Thanks, man. You're a pal. Iowe you. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah? I'm tuckered out."

Emerson's POV

When I woke up the next morning, Icrept out of the room as quietly as I could so as to not wake Gerard. Still half asleep myself, I moved like a zombie to the kitchen where Bob was seated, reading a magazine.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," he said cheerfully upon my arrival.

"I. Need.Caffeine," I mumbled in reply. Bob smirked, motioning to a gurgling black object on the counter.

"Coffee's right there. Mugs are in the cabinet right above." I muttered my thanks and poured myself a much needed cup of the steaming brown liquid. Mm.

"Better?" Bob asked, raising a bushy eyebrow.

"Much better, thank you. What time is it anyways?"

He glanced at his watch. "About noon."

I frowned. "Shit. I didn't realize I'd slept so long."

"Your Gerard isn't much better. He's still asleep," Bob chuckled.

Gerard chose that moment to shuffle into the room, his hair sticking up in odd places and his eyes half closed. He wore only a pair of sweatpants, secured by a drawstring underneath his tummy."Coffee," he moaned, just as I had a minute before. I popped up from my chair to wrap my arms around his waist.

"Morning, love," I said, and he smiled broadly before placing a kiss on my lips. I kissed him back for a moment before pulling away, a sly grin on my face. "Mm, morning breath. My favorite!" I teased.

"Hush, you. You're not much better,"Gerard replied good naturedly. He wandered over to the coffee pot, grabbing himself a mug similar to mine.

"Well, lazy arses, since it's already noon, what do you say to me leaving you two lovebirds by yourselves until about three? That's when Ray, Mikey, and Frank are due to arrive."

I perked up. "The boys are coming?"

Bob nodded happily. "Yep! For three weeks, too! I hope you're ready to party. I'm throwing a bash right before they leave."

I bit my lip. There'd be alcohol at this 'party' of course. You know what though? Hell with it. I was going to try it. Why not let myself have some fun? Right. "I'm absolutely ready to party." Gerard looked at me wonderingly, probably surprised by my answer.

"Great. I'll leave you two to it then!" Bob chirped, winking at us before heading out the door. Gerard watched him go before turning to me.

"So," he smirked, leaning against the counter top. "Actually planning on partying, huh?"

I shrugged. "I mean, I know I sounds like one hell of a hypocrite after resenting alcohol for so long, but I kind of just want to be able to get over that and have some fun," I said sheepishly.

"So you don't mind if I drink?"

"I suppose not. I mean," I stepped up to Gerard, running my hand down his bare chest. "I think it'll be fun."Gerard shivered beneath my touch and I smiled up at him. "Gerard Arthur Way, have I ever told you how much I love you?"

"Not nearly enough," he replied, leaning down to kiss my lips tenderly. This time I didn't pull away.

Ray's POV

I couldn't wait to see Bob. I'd missed him so much, it was crazy. I glanced in the rearview mirror just in time to see Mikey pounce on Frank, grabbing at the packet of Skittles in Frank's hand. Frank cried out as Mikey knocked him from his seat.

"SKITTLES!"Mikey squealed joyfully, seizing the red packet of multicolored dots.

"Mikeyyy..." Frank groaned, crawling back into his seat. Mikey looked at him, eyes wide behind his glasses.

"What?"

I snorted at the two boys, thankful that we were nearly to Bob's. Mikey and Frank had been messing with each other the entire twenty one hour trip, and they were beginning to drive me insane. Even in the hotel room where we'd stayed the night they hadn't settled down. Isighed with relief at the sight of Bob's giant white house looming in front of us.

Mikey's POV

I fucking love Skittles.

Frank's POV

Fucking Mikey. Stealing my Skittles.The little prick. Oh look, we're here. All thoughts of my lost candy left my mind and my heart rate increased. Godammit. I really needed to get over her. I hated that she was in love with Gerard. Why couldn't that be me? I'd held onto the hope that she'd one day realize it was me she loved, not Gerard. But I had always known it was him Emerson loved. Hell, I'd known before she had. Just the way she looked at him... I'd give almost anything for her to look at me that way. And Gerard, as my best friend, was always telling me how much he cared for her. That killed me inside. But I never said anything. And I never would. I couldn't do that to them. Even though it hurt so fucking much.

I pushed thoughts of Emerson from my mind and clambered out of Ray's van after Mikey. It would be good to see Bob again, and right before we left there'd be a big party. That'd be fun; I love parties. Ray lugged our suitcases out of the van as Mikey and I crept inside. Bob's car wasn't in the driveway, but the house was unlocked, so we assumed Gerard and Em were inside. Mikey nudged my arm, poking his head halfway in the doorway.

"Let's sneak up on them," he whispered, grinning slyly. I nodded and followed him down the entry hall. We checked the spacious living room before heading to the kitchen. Mikey stifled alaugh when we heard the telltale sounds of kissing in there. My heart sank. Mikey cleared his throat and waltzed into the room. I reluctantly followed, watching as Em and Gerard pulled apart, blushing.

"Well I see you two are having fun,"Mikey teased, whacking his brother's shoulder playfully. Gerard winked.

"You know it."

Emerson grinned and ruffled Mikey's hair. "Good to see you, Mikey Way," she giggled. Then she gave me a little wave. "Hey, Frankie."

I smiled weakly, hoping she wouldn't notice my lack of enthusiasm. Her brow furrowed and she frowned, but didn't say anything. I sighed. Now she was going to bother me about it later. Awesome.

"Where's Ray at?" Gerard asked me.

"Wrestling with our things, I guess."

"Well let's go help the poor Fro out!"

Sign up to rate and review this story