Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It Sure As Hell Ain't Just For The Fame

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

by XxxFallenAngelXxxx 2 reviews

“My name is Lyn-z Ballato. "

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-02-11 - Updated: 2012-02-13 - 793 words

1Original
Lyn-z quickly says a hasty goodbye to her wild haired, grey eyed best friend Storm and the mysterious, raven haired boy, Gerard. She hurries through the large, noisy crowd, her head held high and proud, practically strutting along, doing a remarkable job of hiding her nerves. She finally comes to the large, double doors leading into the large hall where the judges were waiting patiently. She waits anxiously, nibbling on her lower, perfectly painted, holly red lip nervously.
“Next.” An emotionless voice calls and Lyn-z rushes onto the large, brightly lit stage, nearly tripping over her purple converse laces that had somehow managed to come undone.
The three, familiar faces from television were sitting sight I front of her, at along black cloth covered table that had fake bats and spiders hanging from it. A brightly coloured, handmade banner with the name of the show, “Aftermath” was hung slightly lopsidedly on it as well.
“Hello.” A young woman smiles welcomingly at her, hazel made up eyes gleaming brightly under the bright, hot lights of the stage. Her name was Alex, and she was a new judge this year. The brown haired nineteen year old was dressed in a plain white blouse and black, extremely tight skinny jeans.
Next to her was a one of the original judges, the dark brown, light blue eyes Finn. Today he was dressed in black jeans and converse, and a red hoodie was worn loosely over a plain, fitted t shirt.
On the opposite side of him was the last judge. Effie`s chosen attire was slightly more dressy than Alex`s, but still practical enough. Her hair was curly, falling to just below her chin and she wore light makeup.
“What is your name?”
One of them asks the odd girl who had just waltzed onto the stage, dressed in a school girl skirt, fishnets and knee high converse.
Lyn-z takes a deep, soothing breath, imagining that she was at home, speaking in front of her friends or something similar, not in front of a large crowd of people who had come to see (and laugh) at the auditions.
“My name is Lyn-z Ballato. But it is spelt with a Z.”
“What do you mean, with a Z?” Finn asks the fishnet wearing girl uncertainly.
“As In L-y-n-z.” She spells out, explaining to him with a sweet smile.
“Well Lyn-z,” begins the hazel eyed, wavy haired judge Alex. “What are you going to be performing for us?” she asks intrigued. She couldn`t explain it, there was just something about this uniquely dressed, messy haired girl that just drew you in.
“I am a dancer. I am going to perform a dance routine I choreographed myself to one of my favourite songs.”
Effie nods, and she and the other two sit up in their seats, waiting for her to begin. “Whenever you are ready then.”
The loud, pounding intro music begins and she starts dancing, captivating everyone in the room, audience and judges alike. The young dancer`s hips sway rhythmically, perfectly in time with the loud, aggressive music, her entire body twisting, turning and spinning agilely, never once the intricate dance too difficult of complicated for her. People start screaming wildly as she starts incorporating difficult gymnastic moves into it, never once failing to perfect them, her breathing barely increasing at all. Each move was electric, intriguing and hot, yet classy and tasteful. This girl knew what she was doing, and she did it with ease.
“Wow…that was just…wow…” the large crowd screams, cutting off the judge`s praise.
“Where did you learn to dance like that?” Finn asks, shocked, beaming up at the sweaty dancer with wide, surprised eyes. No one had known quite what to expect from the odd girl who had walked onto the stage, but it certainly hadn`t been that.
“Congratulations Lyn-z.” Effie says grinning happily over at the slightly panting, tired girl.
“You are going through to boot camp.”

Gerard paces back and forth anxiously, waiting for them to call out his number. It had been over an hour since he had seen the beautiful Lyn-z vanish into the crowd, on her way to her audition. He was even more nervous than he had been before he arrived, but what concerned him was that it wasn`t for him, it was for her. He, Gerard Way who preferred to keep away from people as much as he could, was nervous for some girl he had barley spoken more than a few, friendly sentences to.
“Number five hundred and sixty four.” He gulps, and after a few quick encouraging words from his family and Benn, Gerard slowly makes his way to the audition hall, his heart filling with doom…
Sign up to rate and review this story