Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It Sure As Hell Ain't Just For The Fame

Sing It Out

by XxxFallenAngelXxxx 4 reviews

“I-I`m a singer.”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-02-17 - Updated: 2012-02-18 - 821 words

1Original
Gerard entered thespacious, eerily quiet room slowly with his head bowed, shoulder length tendrils of soft ebony hair shielding his uncertain eyes from the intrigued audience and worn out judges. He steps out cautiously onto the brightly lit, long stage, his jean clad legs shaking noticeably. Peeking out shyly from behind his protective black shield, the knot in his stomach tightens as he sees just how many people there were watching him. Hundreds of people, young and old, if not thousands.
“Name?” the brown haired nineteen year old judge, Alex asks in a slightly tired but still fairly enthusiastic voice. They had just witnessed a God awful performance from someone who had believed that they had even more talent that Freddie Mercury. It hadn`t been pleasant to say the least.
Gerard takes a moment to find his voice, his nerves threatening to destroy and make a fool out of him in front of all of these people. “Gerard. Gerard Way.” he manages to croak out in a voice that shock almost as much as his arms and legs.
A man with light blue eyes smiles warmly at him, sensing his discomfort and wanting to make this hopeful teenager feel at ease. “Nice to meet you Gerard.” he says kindly. “What will you be doing for us today?”
He gulps, his dry, smoke damaged throat constricting painfully as he tries to open his mouth to speak. “I-I`m a singer.”
But not a very good one he thinks to himself bitterly.
“And what song are you going to be singing for us today?” the third and final judge, Effie asks him curiously, looking forward to here this rather odd boy`s choice. The curly haired girl doubted it would be something commonly heard on the top forty music stations.
“Erm I was planning on singing erm a song by The Misfits.” He mumbles shyly, knowing full well that he would never be able to do it justice. “Astro Zombies.”
This earns a few cheers from the audience, surprising the dark haired teenager and giving him a small boost in confidence.
“In your own time then, Gerard.” he nods, and takes a deep, shaky breath and then the entire hall is filled with ear drum shattering music bouncing off of the walls, eliciting excited screams from those who had never heard the song before.
Oh, all I want to know
All I want

“With just a touch of my burning hand
I send my astro zombies to rape the land
Prime directive, exterminate
The whole human race…”
Gerard sings uncertainly at first, his unique voice soft and quiet as he sings into the shiny microphone. But as the song progresses and the audience gets more and more into it, his weak confidence grows remarkably.
“Well, all I wanna say
And all I gotta do
Who'd I do this for
Hey, me or you…”
Surprising everyone in the spacious boiling hot room, the reserved, shy teenage boy excitedly begins jumping up and down on the spot, left arm forming a fist as he repeatedly punches the air, screaming along to the music at the top of his smoky lungs. He then struts across the brightly lit, colorful stage sashaying his tiny little hips slightly out of time. Those closest to the stage are pushing and shoving wildly as he nears then, raising the hands as high as they possibly could, hoping that this promising young rocker would touch them as he strutted past.
He finishes the song, slightly red in the face, taking in deep breaths of air, small drops of perspiration dripping down his pale, stunned face. Everyone in the room was still screaming and cheering, some even chanting loudly for more, like you would at the end of an amazing concert. Gerard`s jaw threatens to drop, how he manages to keep it in place he would never know. He had expected to have sucked, to have been booed off of the stage, but instead the reaction was huge.
“Wow.” Effie says, unable to think of anything else to say, apart from the obvious.
“That was just so amazing.” Finn tells Gerard with wide baby blue eyes. It had been sometime since a singer with that much talent and stage presence had performed on the show and Gerard had to be one of, if not the best that had ever auditioned.
“Well done Gerard Way.” Alex says, holding up one hand to try to get the audience to calm down and be quiet. “I have to agree with the other, you really do have some voice.” She praises and Gerard’s cheeks redden a little as he listens, overjoyed and embarrassed at the same time.
“So time to vote then.” Finn says, a wide grin on his face. “It is a yes from me.”
“And me.” Alex smiles.
“Gerard,” Effie begins, pausing dramatically, “You have three yeses, welcome to boot camp.”
Sign up to rate and review this story