Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Buried In The Ash of Yesterday

Hold on Tight

by SimplexMinded 0 reviews

No one was ever at peace, even the weather.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-02-13 - Updated: 2012-02-13 - 1486 words

0Unrated

Gerard laid on the floor, wrapped in an old blanket that reeked of dirt and sweat in his sad attempt to keep warm. One would think that with all the fires that the city would be forever a smoldering bucket of heat but at night, when the sky turned dark, everything else turned to ice. The flames never extinguished but they would grow cold, freezing anyone who stood too close. Gerard figured it was part of the gods wrath. No one was ever at peace, even the weather.

He tossed and turned, knowing that he had to sleep but the stench of the blanket and the pain in his back from the hard wood floor was keeping him awake. Finally after several hours he decided to get up. His stomach growled at him but he simply ignored it. Now was not the time to eat. He wanted nothing more than to heat but he knew he had to portion food out or it wouldn’t last him the week. He groaned as he sat him, shaking his head and running his fingers through his hair playfully. It had grown so long that he reached his shoulders, giving him some amusement when he would scratch at it. He knew it was a childish amusement but he really didn’t care. Its not like he had anything else to make him smile.

Pulling on a jacket, he decided to take a walk outside. It was so cold he knew no one would be on the streets to harm him. Throwing his hood over his face and shoving his hands in his pockets, he walked out the door and into the cold.


As he made his way out to the streets once more, he kept his head low and shivered slightly from the cold. Soon however, his ears picked up the sound of a small scream that sounded like it was coming from a little girl. Screams were normal in these streets and he chose to do the smart thing and simply ignore it. His hands were shoved in his pockets as he continued to walk, head down until he heard another scream. This one sounded closer and as if it was right next to him. Out of pure curiosity, he lifted his head to find 3 boys looking about the age of 18 who had a young girl pinned against the wall in a side ally. By the looks of her face, she wasn’t any older than 12. One of the boys has his hands around her throat while another was working to undo her shorts. Tears streamed down the girls face, eyes burring with fear as she thrashed to escape with no luck. He watched as her tiny fingers clawed and scraped at the man’s face, desperate to strike anything that would injure him.

Gerard stood there for a moment, not sure as to what to do. His heart was pounding in his ears, telling him to run and just leave the girl to be raped. His mind was screaming at him to just walk away like any smart person would do. He shouldn’t care about others. If they can’t handle themselves, then they will die and try again when they are reborn. It wasn’t his fault if this girl got raped, why should he care?

“What chu lookin at boie!” The voice brought him out of his thoughts as they all turned to face the owner. The girl turned to look at him, still kicking and screaming. “Help me!!!”

“Shud ahhpp bitch!” The one holding her throat pulled her forward so he could slam her head against the wall. The girl whimpered in pain, looking at Gerard with pleading eyes for any kind a rescue.

“Let her go.” Gerard found his voice though his whole body was shaking, his mind screaming at him to run but his body wouldn’t move. He had no idea what he was doing. He was going to get himself killed and he knew it.

“Wat chu gon do bout it if we don’t?” The leader asked, cocking his head and pulling out a knife from his pocket, eyeing Gerard. “You got sum kinda death wish? Go on! Get outta here for I take you down to!”

Gerard held his ground, his fists clenched, body still shaking but his voice much more firm. “I said let her go.”

The boy holding the girl grinned and dropped her on the ground, kicking her in the ribs before walking behind their leader. “Chez, we banking this fuck or what?”

Chez grinned as well, looking at Gerard like he was a piece of meat. “Get em boys.”

Gerard took a step back as the 3 boys advanced towards him, circling him and providing no chance of an escape without a fight. Chez leapt forward, plunging the knife into Gerard’s shoulder making him scream in pain. Gerard brought his arm up and swung at Chez, clocking him in the eye sending him flying into the wall. He brought his foot up and kicked the other boy in the chest as he attempted to attack him from behind. Gerard’s fingers grasped Chez’s hair, swinging his head round and tossing his flailing body into his buddies. They all landed on the ground with a thud and made cries of pain. His eyes were wide as he picked up the knife that was previously in his shoulder and held it out, ready for another attack, his heart pounding with adrenaline. The boys got to their feet and glared at him before running off. “Fuck it man, lets get out of here!”

When Gerard was sure that they were gone, he turned to the young girl who was cowering in the corner looking up at him with tear stained eyes. Her arms were wrapped around her chest, trying to stop the pain in her ribs. Gerard dropped the knife and his hand immediately gripped his now bleeding shoulder as he made his way over to the girl. Once he was about 2 feet away, he dropped to his knees and leaned against the wall, breathing heavily. “Ahhhhh….ghhhhrrrggghhhh. Fuck this hurts.” His rested against the brick wall behind him as he rolled head to the side to look at the girl. “You ok?”

She nodded in fear, her voice cracking from the pain in her chest. “Y…yeah…w…why did you save me?”

Gerard closed his eyes and sighed, shaking his head. “I have no fucking clue.”

She giggled at his answer and he was happy she was relaxing. “Well….thanks.”


There was a small silence and Gerard was debating what to do with the girl he had just saved. He had helped her, she was ok and now it was his time to leave. His eyes found her face and quickly looked away. He forced his body to sit up, eyes squeezed shut as he tried to stand but the pain in his shoulder was unbearable. “Emily!” A voice shouted, making Gerard’s heart jump. His eyes grew wide and they searched for the owner of the voice why his hand searched for the knife, fearing another attacker.

“Emily! Oh thank god!” A man ran into the ally, his tattoo covered arms extended out towards the girl. He dropped to his knees and pulled her into a protective embrace. “Who the fuck are you and what did you do to her!” His voice was low and his eyes glared at Gerard.

Gerard’s voice was silent, not knowing how to answer the man. His mind was racing, pain still shooting out of his shoulder as his teeth grinded together. He decided to vent his anger on the man with words. “Who the fuck are you?!? If she’s so god damn important why did I have to risk my life to save her from the Teltas?”

The man’s brown eyes held Gerard’s in a glare “No body asked you to save her!”

Emily’s voice brought the men out of their argument. “Please Frankie stop! He saved me!…..help him he’s hurt.” She begged, tears falling down her eyes.

Frank’s eyes fell to Gerard’s shoulder that was now covered in blood. “Teltas did this?”

Gerard lowered his gaze to his wounded shoulder. Suddenly his voice was soft. “Yeah. They tried to rape her….” He saw Frank’s grip on Emily tighten. “What made you step in? No one in this god forsaken place helps others.”

Gerard shook his head. “If I knew I would tell ya.”

Frank looked at Gerard skeptically “So you saved her…and you don’t know why?”

Gerard went to answer but it turned into a grunt due to a pulse of pain shooting through his arm. “Ahhhh” His vision starts to fade and the only this his mind can this is ‘oh fuck’
Sign up to rate and review this story