Categories > Anime/Manga > Kyou Kara Maou > The Pheonix Saga

Chapter 2-The beginning

by shaq23anime 0 reviews

Yuri dumps wolfram, wolfram disappears for a year and comes back completely changed. what happened to him during that year? and what will happen now that he is back. read and find out. rated m for ...

Category: Kyou Kara Maou - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Wolfram,Yuuri - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2012-02-17 - Updated: 2012-02-18 - 1065 words

1Moving
Chapter 2: The beginning.

Wolfram run's through the forest outside of the demon kingdom. He is looks angry and bitter stomping on the sticks and twigs along the way like they were nothing. Even though he had already vented his wrath on the cowardly wimp and the others it still did not get rid of the sorrow he felt inside. Out of breath and gasping for air he braces himself against a tree. He looks around him hoping that no one was around specifically looking out in case Yozak decided to tail him, the man always had a knack for not making himself known until he is discovered spying on someone. When the blond was sure that no one was around he leaned his back against the tree he braced himself on and slide down to a sitting position on the ground. He allowed himself to think about what had happened just now and his eyes began to swell with tears.

"I don't love you" how can he just say that"; wolfram allows the tears to flow from his eyes. "Was it really all just one-sided? Did you really only see me as nothing more then a friend?"

Wolfram began to sob and angrily punched the ground "you…..cruel bastard, you had to have known how I felt about you". He cups his face in his hands and sobs uncontrollably not able to hold back any longer "always pretending you have no idea what's going on, l…like some stupid moron, you never know anything do you". He cried and cried out his sorrow with only the woolen creatures of the forest to hear him; he wouldn't have it any other way. He'd rather die then to let anyone see how this whole thing truly affected him.

In the midst of his sorrow he hears something in the distance. This forced him to immediately reach for his sword, "I knew it…. YOZAK COME OUT OF HIDING". The sound of rustling leaves continued but no one came out "I mean it Yozak, did conrart send you to spy on me? if he cared that much he should be here not you" , Again the blond was yelling at nothing yet the rustling sound continued. He peered through the darkness of the forest in the direction of the sound.

He notices that there's a faint light in the distance, it looked like a ray of sunshine. He walks toward the bright light wondering where it is coming from. After a few minutes of walking he sees that it's the cliff where the dragons nest rease heir was born in. The blond walks to the edge of the cliff and stares across at the recently empty nest as yet another fond memory flows into his mind of the first time Yuri ever saw a dragon. "Even then he was nothing but a naïve simpleton" He growls in frustration and stomps his foot on the cliffs edge not realizing he had broken off a weak piece of rock in the process.

That weak piece gave way to the other pieces of rubble to cave in. Taken by surprise wolfram falls and slides down the cliff, with a yell he falls butt first into what he thought was an empty nest below. Wolfram immediately felt a sharp pain in his rear, it was like something sharp and pointy was sticking his butt. He reaches down to rub his rump when he felt something wet and sticky come off his pants. "What the hell is this?" he says as he raises his hand up to look at what exactly he fell on.

He looks at his hand and notices the slimy red color spread on his fingers "is this blood?" he wonders as he gets up slowly and looks down. He gasps in horror as he looks down at the nest he fell on "oh no, I crushed a dragon egg", he looks down and sees the crushed fetus of what could have been a newborn and he backs away slowly staring at it in sheer horror "what have I done?".

As he backs away he notices I flicker of light shinning behind him as if something just landed right behind him. He turns and is stricken with fear as he comes face to face with a huge fire red phoenix. Before he could even have a chance to say anything the bird knocks wolfram down on his back and plunges its huge beak straight into the blond's chest tearing through the ribcage and stabbing his heart. The blond lays there with a stunned look on his face even as the phoenix pulls it's beak out of his chest. All time stood still as the life drained out of wolframs body in a pool of blood.

The phoenix looked down at the blond as if admiring her handiwork, she looks into his eyes thinking she would see the evil spirit she thought was inside of his soul, but instead all she could see was the family he would be leaving behind. She could see an adorable little girl sitting on the blonds lap for story time, he could see a tall blond female smothering wolfram with kisses and hugs, a noble brown haired man sword fighting and training the blond, a stern dark haired man in his study working with another lavender haired beautiful male hovering over him. Inside of wolframs eyes she could see those most important to him, maids, soldiers, others he had met in his adventures with Yuri, she then saw a double black human in dark clothing telling him "I don't love you". Wolfram drew his eyes from the phoenix and stared up at the sky as tears roll down his cheek and with the last of his breath utters one name "Yuri".

When the life drained from the blond, the phoenix was suddenly stricken with guilt. She uses her wings to pick the blonds lifeless body up and looks down at him sadly "what have I done?" She says as she looks down at him. She thought that he killed her son on purpose, but now realizing her mistake she knew what had to be done. She will give this unfortunate child his life back, perhaps even more. With that determined thought she grabs wolframs body with her talons and flies's away with him into the unknown.
Sign up to rate and review this story