Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Had It All

Had It All

by SuperShocker- 0 reviews

Final chapter

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-02-19 - Updated: 2012-02-20 - 1159 words - Complete

0Unrated
The music started playing softly indicating she was here. I felt the same lump in my throat as I did that day, but I just swallowed it down without a second thought. I decided against looking behind me to see my beautiful bride. Alice and I had decided to renew our vows but in the type of ceremony we didn’t have to begin with. Being so young and us both not having a good paying job we had the band as our witnesses and went to a cheap register office and although Alice says she does not care it was still the most special day of her life, I wanted to give her they day she deserved. We’d be through a tough two years since the accident and Alice was still recovering from her injuries. She gave birth to our 8’5 baby boy Alfie and despite doctors recommendations she had him naturally. The injuries she suffered were a broken hip, temporary memory loss and painful bruising. She had to spend 6 months relearning to walk which was a slow and agonising process. It’s heart breaking when you see the one you love in so much pain and frustration and knowing there’s nothing you can do to make it any easier. I put off my whole tour and even refused to go anywhere near my guitar until I knew she was safe. I did everything proper, Gerard and Beatrice took the children and I prepared everything. I made all of her favourite food and set it up as a picnic in the front room, put Made of Honour on, which was the film we saw on our first date – she still laughed and cried at the same places. It was during this time that Alice confessed the most heart-wrenching confession anyone could hear. She wanted to terminate our marriage because she couldn’t give me what she thought I wanted.
“Frank, listen I know we said we wouldn’t mention it but the reason that it happened with Laura is because you didn’t think we would ever … you know what I mean, again, and I’m not stupid I know you have needs and well I just can’t do that in this state.” She couldn’t even look at me but that wasn’t bothering me, what was however, is that there was no emotion in her face, the same cold look as that night.
“Stop it, just shut up Alice.” I whispered walking over to her holding her cheeks so she had to look at me. “Even if we never did that again I would never divorce you. I love you and even if it takes you 20 years to walk again I will be there step by step. Tell me now if you want us to be over because you’ve fallen out of love and I won’t stop you leaving but that has to be the only reason why.” I whispered kissing her softly and holding her to me as she broke her heart later into the night. Shortly after that night she forced herself to walk through the pain and without her crutches.

So that brought us to the present day, to the day where we was gathered in front of our friends and family, getting remarried. It was Grace who I saw first in her little bridesmaid dress, she came up to me and hugged my waist quickly before sitting with my mum. Alfie was in his little suit being bounced up and down in my dad’s arms, loving the attention he was getting. Then I felt a small hand sliding its way into mine and that was when I finally looked at her. She had a soft off white pinkish lace dress on that fitted her figure perfectly and a small train following, she had a bunch of soft pink and white Chrysanthemum in her hands which she passed to Beatrice.
“You look …” I couldn’t finish my sentence as I welled up smiling. She just nodded her understanding. Everyone sat down after the first hymn and it was time for the vows, and I was up first. “I, Frank Anthony Iero, take you, Alice Melissa Green, to be my lawfully wedded wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honour and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.” I spoke pausing every so often and taking a deep breath to steady my nerves which were easy to be seen as my hands were shaking at I put her wedding ring back on her finger. She repeated the same vows holding my hands tightly.
”I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss your bride.” The vicar proudly announced as I grabbed her and kissed her until we needed air. We heard Grace making sick noises and we couldn’t do anything but smile. We walked out of the church arm in arm to have our photos taken; we had a couple on our own and some with the kids and then a few with the whole wedding party. We went to the reception, which was at Gerard and Beatrice’s.
”Ladies and Gentleman, it’s time for the grooms speech.” Gerard smirked, taking pleasure in my discomfort.
”Thank you Gerard.” I smiled before continuing, ”we’ve been through a hell of a lot in our life so far together and I hope we go through a lot more, maybe not as drastic, but as long as it’s with you I know we can get through it.” I held her hands “Alice, I love you. I have since you walked into my band practice in your beat up Johnny Cash top in high school. I can’t wait to grow old and watch you dribble because of your false teeth.” I laughed at the face she pulled and I kissed her softly.
”Ok, ok you big softy.” She laughed “I know Grace is dying to know where we are taking them on holiday so baby we’re going to Disneyland and because we know how much you like it we’re going to Harry Potter world as well.” She smiled as Grace’s face lit up.

After a few drinks we got into the taxi which was waiting to take us to the airport. I looked over at my family, that I could of so easily lost, seeing how happy they were, and it was that moment that I realised I had it all.
Sign up to rate and review this story