Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Once Upon A Time

The Rescue

by Marmite74 3 reviews

Of course Frank's locked in the highest tower there is... what more can Gerard expect?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2012-02-21 - Updated: 2012-02-22 - 2711 words

1Original
You know those days when you go to school and come home like… half dead? Yeah… that was me today. I got home, collapsed into bed and fell straight asleep… so I’m sorry, because I would’ve updated when I got home had I not been so tired. Well on the bright side… I got some more ideas in maths (who needs to learn about circles anyway)… so now I can update… xD


Stepping into the doors of the castle was like stepping into another world. Although from the outside the castle may look like the dream place to live, on the inside it was like something out of a horror movie. The broken windows were the only source of light, and underneath them lay piles of stone, slightly singed. Cobwebs clung to corners and the ceiling, thick with dust. A musty smell hung in air with the scent of burning.

“Holy shit.” Gerard gasped, shining a burning piece of wood around the room.

“Okay… so his parents really didn’t splash out at all.” Ray said. “Who would send their son to live somewhere like this?”

“It doesn’t matter why they sent him here, what we need to do, is get him out.” Gerard snapped. “Now, I take it he isn’t just going to be wandering around in a room somewhere, he’ll be locked up in that stupid, giant tower… because clearly, putting him somewhere simple is too easy.” The older man said bitterly, with a slight roll of his eyes. “And of course there will be the dragon that we must somehow manage to fight… why the fuck did I agree to this?”

“Chill, bro. Let’s take this one step at a time. You think he’s in the highest tower?” Mikey asked. Gerard nodded. “Then let’s head there… I’m pretty sure we’ll be able to hear if there’s a giant beast flying near to us, we can figure out a plan of action then.”

The four walked slowly along the stone grounds, cringing slightly whenever there was a creak or tremor. The old wooden doors were hard to push open, and shut with an almighty band making them wince as they passed through. The boys came to a halt when they found themselves standing in a small, square room, looking left and right in a confused manner.

“Where the fuck are we supposed to go now?” Gerard exclaimed as they realised the rest of the room had been broken away, decayed and old, and there was no way for them to even reach the tallest tower.

The other three looked helplessly at each other before Ray strolled to the hole in the grey, rotting walls. “Well… the tower is up there. There must be a way to get from here, over to there...” He mused.

“Obviously.” Gerard scowled again. “This is such a load of- shit!” He cried out as a great, scorching ball of fire fired into the room from outside, causing the men to fall down. A loud, almighty roar could be heard 100 miles away, as the boys looked in horror at the beast that flew into the sky, letting out another breath of burning flames and flapping it’s wings.

-

Prince Frank awoke from his nap with a jolt. Looking towards the window Frank saw what he never thought he would… the dragon that had been guarding him all these years. ‘Wait… this means… someone’s come to rescue me! Oh my God!’ The man thought, brushing his black hair from his eyes and running to the window, eyes widening as the beast let out another piercing cry, he followed it’s gaze to the remains of the once fully built castle. ‘He or she is in there. The person who deemed me worthy enough to risk their life to save me.’ That’s when another thought struck him.

This dragon could kill the man or women below... and it would be all his fault.

-

“What are we going to do!?” Mikey cried. “We have no weapons or plan of attack… the tower’s all the way up there… it’s not like-“

“Mikey!” Bob shouted. “Calm down. I’ve got an idea.”

“You…you do?” Gerard whispered, his voice hoarse.

“Yes. But I doubt you’re going to like it.” Bob frowned.

“A bad plan is better than no plan at all, spill Bryar.” Gerard demanded.

“Okay…” The sandy haired man took a few cautious looks towards the menacing beast circling them. “I think… I think you need to get on it’s back.” He said.

Gerard and Mikey’s eyes widened. “What!? There is no way in Hell I’m getting on that things back… it’ll eat me!” Gerard cried.

“Wait. Bob may have something here.” Ray injected from where he was standing, looking out the window at the tower. “I don’t think you’re supposed to kill it.”

“So I’m supposed to make friends with it instead?” Gerard growled sarcastically.

“That’s not what I’m saying. We’ll entice it over… you jump onto it’s back. It most probably will fly to shake you off… hopefully it will head towards the tower and BAM! You’ve got your man. We can keep distracting it whilst you climb down with him, then we all leg it.” Bob explained.

“Yeah… hopefully it will head towards the tower. And if it doesn’t?” Gerard asked.

Bob and Ray looked at each other. “Nice knowing you man.”

Gerard visibly paled and looked to Mikey. “Gerard… I don’t want you to do this.”

“I know, Mikey… but I don’t have a choice. Returning to kingdom without Frank is like admitting defeat to that ugly toad we have as a Queen. I’ve got to do this.” He explained, taking Mikey into his arms and holding him.

“Love you, bro.”

Gerard smiled slightly. “Love you too Mikes.” The older man swallowed and shook his head. “It’s now or never. Let’s do this.”

“Good luck, Gerard.” Ray said, patting him on the back.

“Yeah… and y’know… Frank’s not got some in years… maybe when you get over there you’ll get lucky.” Bob winked, trying to make light of the situation.

Gerard forced a tight smile and headed to the window with the guys.

“Oi!” Ray yelled out the window. The dragon eyed him suspiciously from his hovering
stance. “You great ugly beast! Come down here and fight like a… dragon!” He bellowed.

The beast’s eyes turned a deep shade of red, it’s fury was clear to see. Letting out another ear splitting roar it swooped down towards the room. Gerard got onto the outside window ledge, legs shaking in fear as the dragon came towards him at full speed, it’s eyes focused on Ray, Bob and Mikey, who were still yelling.

“That’s right! You wanna piece of us!?” Bob called, before his eyes widened at the realisation the dragon wasn’t going to stop when it got to the building. “Guys! Move back!” He shouted as the beast slammed into the stone, knocking all three onto the floor with piles of rubble and dust. Gerard took this as his chance, and leapt with everything he had onto the dragon, managing to land on it’s head. The creature roared with fury, flapping it’s wings ferociously, shaking it’s head. Gerard clung on to the scales on it’s back, trying to snag a more secure position. Flying madly in the wind, twisting and turning to try and shake the boy off, the dragon neared Gerard’s destination, and he knew this had to be timed to perfection.

Mikey, Bob and Ray could do nothing much watch the scene from where they’d been knocked back, all worried for their friend and brother. Gerard saw the beast swaying towards the tower, and he noticed a window ledge jutting out into the sky. Just as he was giving up all hope of actually being able to jump, someone shouted into the wind making the dragon come to a hovering standstill.

“Oi! If you wanna fight someone, fight with me! I am afterall the one you are trying to guard!” The voice yelled.

The dragon seemed to interpret the words and it’s eyes turned red with fury again, this time directed at the tower. It flew towards the stone at a great speed, Gerard realising that he had to jump. As the beast got closer, he let out one almighty leap.

For Mikey, everything seemed to go in slow motion, and he could barely look when Gerard jumped from the dragon’s back, but taking his hands away from his eyes he looked, and saw Gerard clinging to the window ledge with one hand. “Fuck yeah, Gerard!” He shouted, gaining the dragon’s attention once again.

“Yeah! Go Gerard!” Ray and Bob called, whistling and laughing. They were deliberately trying to provoke the dragon towards them again.

Back on the window ledge, Gerard was fighting to hold on. “Give me your hand!” A voice from above yelled. The man didn’t have time to say anything, just grabbed the small hand that was given to him from above. Luckily the bars from Frank’s window had been broken at the collision of the dragon, so he could lift the older man in carefully, without much trouble.

The two men stared at each other.

“I’m Gerard. We need to leave. Now.” Gerard said bluntly, looking around the room for some sort of rope.

Frank stared at him in disbelief. The man in front of him was gorgeous. His raven black hair was long and tangled, bordering his angelic face. His perfectly defined cheekbones stood out on his pale white skin, that had turned slightly pink during the whole dragon ordeal. What struck Frank most was his eyes. Their perfect greeny-hazel colour made them the type you could just fall into and get lost… yeah… Frank was impressed. “I’m Prince Fran-“

“Yeah, yeah.” Gerard cut him off, finding some rope in the corner of the room and untangling it. “Just help me out with this, would ya? We have plenty of time for introductions later.”

“Y…yeah sure… but…” Frank looked down slightly.

“Yes?” An impatient Gerard asked.

“Well… aren’t you going to kiss me?” Frank asked in a small voice.

“Kiss you!? Why would I do that?” Gerard exclaimed.

“B…because… you rescued me…that’s just what happens. The Prince or Princess is locked away, a dashing man or women saves them, kisses them and then they live happily ever after.” Frank explained.

Gerard laughed. “Sorry Frank. You couldn’t be more wrong. But as I said, all will be explained… come on.”

Frank looked disappointed… but figured Gerard just wanted to leave quickly. “What am I supposed to do?”

“We’re gonna climb down this rope, whilst my brother and friends distract the dragon… then we are going to run.”

Frank’s eyes widened. “I can’t climb down a rope!” He squeaked.

Gerard sighed. “Prince Frankie wasn’t taught basic skills I see. Right. Well you’re going to have to try. Come on.”

“No.”

“Excuse me?”

“I said, no. I refuse to climb down that rope. I’ll fall and break my neck.” Frank huffed, his arms crossed.

Gerard looked at him in disbelief. He growled. “If you don’t… then I will leave you here.”

“You wouldn’t. That doesn’t scare me… I’ve been here for years… a few more wouldn’t hurt.” Frank said stubbornly.

“Fine.” Gerard smirked. “Nice meeting you Frank, hope you don’t get eaten by the dragon outside. Good luck with your fairytale ending.” The older man pretended to start climbing out the window on the rope.

“Wait!” Frank cried. “Please don’t leave me! I… I’m just scared.” The boy admitted.
Gerard felt his heart tug as he watched the boy’s lip quiver, but pushed it to one side. “There’s no alternative.”

“There is…”

“What?”

“I could go on your back.”

Gerard’s eyes widened. “You are not going on my back!”
Frank pouted again. “Please?”

“Are you always this annoying?” Gerard scowled.

Frank grinned and walked over to where Gerard had knelt down to let the boy onto his back. “Yes.”

Gerard rolled his eyes and got onto the rope. “Cling as tightly as you can, okay?” And he began the journey down.

-

Gerard and Frank had reached the ground, and continued to travel around the castle. Finding the guys was proving to be a difficult task and Gerard was getting more and more moody the more worn out he got. All Frank could do was look around in awe at the battlements and old stone walls. Gerard was muttering under his breath when he walked straight into something.

“Mikey!” He cried with glee, hugging his brother. “Man, am I glad to see you!”
“You too, bro. I was so fucking worried.” Mikey admitted as Gerard greeted Ray and Bob.

“You kicked some serious dragon ass up there Gerard!” Bob exclaimed.

There was a small, awkward cough from behind and the four turned to see Frank looking sheepish. “Hi. I’m Frank.” He said quietly. The boy was so confused.

“Nice to meet you Frank.” Mikey said politely.

“Man, we’ve had a hard time rescuing you! Could’ve picked a smaller dragon!” Ray joked.

Frank looked embarrassed. “Sorry… I…”

He was cut off by the piercing sound of the dragon’s roar. “Shit. We gotta run, let’s go.” Ray told them, and they exited the broken building, finding the entrance they came in by and stopping again at the bridge over the ravine.

“We’re gonna have to run across.” Bob stated.

“But last time-“ Gerard was cut off.

“We don’t have a choice!” Ray yelled.

Gerard looked at Frank. “We’re gonna make a run for it okay? Hopefully, once it see’s us gone it wont follow.”

Frank swallowed and nodded, looking at the swaying bridge and stepping onto it. “Go as fast as you can, Frankie!” Ray told him, looking for signs of the dragon.

Swiftly, the boys made it halfway across the bridge when the beast let out another cry of fury. It headed towards the bridge and swept over and under, making it sway more viciously than before. The dragon then turned and hovered for a few seconds, before diving into the bridge itself. The ropes began to fray and twist apart and the men watched in horror as the end attaching itself to the ravine on the side of the castle was falling.

“Hold on to the planks!” Gerard roared across the whipping wind, catching hold of Frank as he stumbled backwards. “You hear that? When it falls, hold onto the wood.”

Frank nodded, and when the rope fell, with a cry the boys managed to keep hold of the flimsy rope and began to climb upwards. The dragon, having face-dived into the tangled mess of rope had got itself stuck amongst rungs of wood and thread, and struggled to free itself, meaning the bridge twisted left and right. Struggling to even see properly because of the wind, the men fought to stay holding on. Frank was the first to make it to the top, and held out a hand to help Gerard. One by one they clambered onto the side of the ravine, and watched as the remaining bridge fell, taking the dragon with it.

There was a few moments silence in which they caught their breath.

“So.” Bob breathed. “What’s for lunch?”


Was this any good? I’m fucking exhausted… so I’m afraid this isn’t going to be the best. I wasn’t sure how long to spend on describing the dragon scenes and whatnot, but this is the best I could do with it. The next chapter should be a lot better, and I’m looking forward to writing Frank in. I hope you guys liked it… and you can expect a chapter tomorrow :D Thanks xD
-JJ
Sign up to rate and review this story