Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Buried In The Ash of Yesterday

Save us from what he have become

by SimplexMinded 0 reviews

He told me that the world could get better. Someone just has to take the first step.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-02-22 - Updated: 2012-02-22 - 714 words

0Unrated
Gerard sat back on the bed Frank had given him and contemplated his situation. He was injured. He had a place to stay while he healed but what would they want in return? Frank and Ray had said nothing about the return deed. Whats the return deed possibly already done due to him saving Emily?

“Maybe…”

A knock at the door brought him out of his thoughts. When the person didn’t immediately walk in, Gerard wondered if he was simply hearing things until a second knock occurred. “Come in.”

Gerard smiled when Emily appeared though the door. She was wearing a large black shirt that said “Iron Maiden” on it with torn jeans. Her hair was loose around her shoulders and if Gerard hadn’t met her they way he did, he would have said she could kick his ass. Her head was low and her arms behind her back. “Hi….”

Gerard laughed at how timid she was. “Hey. What cha need?”

“I just….i just wanted to um….say um….thanks.” Her head was still low and she was bent forward in a nervous childish manor.

“Ya know, you don’t have to be so shy. I’m not guna bite.” Gerard tilted his head to the side, his long black hair falling over one eye and patted the seat next to him. “Come here.”

Emily nodded and walked over to him, sitting down but leaning slightly away from him. It wasn’t a motion of fear it was just a natural lean but Gerard knew why she did it. He did it too. It was a sign that she didn’t like to be near people but in this world, he could understand.

“How are you doing?” He smiled, trying to show her he could be friendly.

She looked up at him slightly before looking back down. “Fine….”

“I mean how are you feeling? You took a good beating…..” His heart raced, not sure what her reaction would be to him bringing the subject up.

“Hurts a little but Frank says that I’m tough and can handle it. He’s right though. I’m a tough girl.” Gerard could see her smile as she played with her hands.

“You admire him don’t you”

Emily nodded. “He’s like a father to me. My momma died giving birth to me. Frankie took me in. He told me that the world could get better. Someone just has to take the first step.”

Gerard nodded. He knew Frank had a heart or else he wouldn’t have saved him. He also knew that he himself had to have something or he wouldn’t have saved Emily. Maybe deep down, he wanted something more too. “How old is Frank?”

Emily frowned “He’s 20….Is it wrong for saying that I don’t want him to die?”

Gerard shook his head, pulling Emily into a hug. She tensed up for a slight second before relaxing into his shirtless form. “No. I don’t think it is. Ya know, I was 12 when my mother died. I remember watching her burn. Everyone looked so jealous of her. Like they wanted to be her but not me. I stood there crying. She was the only person in this world that I had ever trusted and loved. At first I hated her for leaving me but as I grew up, I realized how lucky she was. I envied her.”

Emily looked up at Gerard with tears in her eyes. “Do you still envy her?”

“I don’t know anymore.”





Ray stood outside the door, listening to Emily and Gerard talk. He had seen her do up to his door and then enter so he decided to see what was going on and make sure that Gerard didn’t try anything. He didn’t fully trust Gerard even though he knew he had saved Emily. Ray just didn’t trust people like Frank did and he wondered how Frank could do that so easily even though he of all people knew what the world was capable of. Ray knew Frank’s story and why he was alone but still he could only watch as he put his heart out to the very people that destroyed it the first time.
Sign up to rate and review this story