Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dear Gravity

Shallott

by IsisBane 1 review

Nightmarish tendencies...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-02-24 - Updated: 2012-02-24 - 636 words

0Unrated
Just kind of a filler, guys... sorry it's been so long. The good news is, I'll probably add to this out of my own dissatisfaction and guilt about the length. So just watch for the edit :)


Gerard stood next to the edge of the lake, the dock only twenty yards in the distance. The night sky was cloudy, so much so that he couldn't see the smoke from the campfire, and especially not the stars. His heart pounded as he stared at his own reflection in the clear water. Wind blew his dark hair away from his face, and he watched as he started to seemingly fade away.

Sounds of the water lapping at the muddy shore rang in his ears and heightened his senses to the noises around him. "Gerard, where are you?" her voice came as a whisper across the treetops. He kept his feet firmly planted in the dirt, closing his eyes. "I'm right here", he spoke out in response.

Gerard waited for an answer, but the only things he heard were coming from the water below him. He bit down on his lip and opened his eyes, searching the shoreline. "Cadence, stop it. This isn't a game", he called out, his voice firm.

Her laugh rang out, louder than before. "Come find me! It'll be fun, I promise."

Gerard spun around to survey the trees. No one was even around. "I'm not kidding. Come out right now. I want to see you." His eyes darted back and forth, waiting for movement. Her hand brushed his shoulder. "Shh..." she whispered in his ear. Gerard turned towards nothing, as Cadence was already moving again. "Cadence!" he called, frustrated, but afraid to be angry with her. He was answered with a mocking giggle.

"Gee, I'm over here..."

His gaze landed on the dock, where her dark silhouette was standing over the water. The stars seemed to fall around her, showering her in their dull light. "Cadence", Gerard breathed, striding forward. She turned and smiled at him, holding her hand out. "Come closer! You're too slow", she said, her voice playful. He picked up his pace to a slight jog and she started becoming clearer in his vision.

Cadence's smile never wavered by the time Gerard reached her. He immediately took her hand and pulled her into his arms, burying his face in her dark tresses. "Don't leave me again", he whispered, holding her body close to his and breathing her in.

The waves crashed against the dock, keeping a steady tempo. The two of them stood there, not moving or making a sound. "Gee, I can't stay. I have to go soon", she said warily, trying not to show him her emotions.

Gerard tensed against her then his body just seemed to go limp. "You can never stay, can you?"

Cadence pulled herself away from him, brushing his hair out of his face. "You know I've already left. I'm just here right now so you don't have to be alone", she smiled sadly. "I'm here to make sure you're alright." Gerard shook his head, drawing her close to his chest again. "Please don't say that", he begged desperately.

Her eyes slowly shut. "You have to understand. It's better this way."

Gerard felt Cadence start to disappear from his side. The world around them was quickly fading, and she was going with it. "Cadence... don't go. I can't do this again. I won't lose you", he said, starting to panic. His fingers clenched onto the fabric of her shirt, holding on as hard as he could. She seemed to slip away like sand into his palms as he was drenched in the whiteness of his dream.

"I didn't mean to hurt you... I'm so sorry..." she said quietly, her voice echoing around him.

She was gone.
Sign up to rate and review this story