Categories > Games > Dynasty Warriors > Pyro's Oneshot Archive

On Emerald Wings

by PyroDragon 2 reviews

Fic number 4, Guan Ping/Xing Cai

Category: Dynasty Warriors - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Guan Ping, Xing Cai - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2005-05-28 - Updated: 2005-05-29 - 960 words

1Moving
On Emerald Wings
*Fic number 4, a request for a friend, enjoy!
Pairing: Guan Ping/Xing Cai
Xing Cai sighed, Zhang Fei was drunk again...not that it was an uncommon thing, but tonight, he was uncommonly drunk...he had drank until he passed out, she shook her head and walked to her room (Father's drunk, everyone else is asleep...) she sat down, and looked out the window, (The last time Father was drunk like this...he beat someone...) She sighed, (I hope that doesn't happen again...)
Suddenly, the candle in her room blew out, the girl looked around in surprise, the window was closed, how could there be wind? "Is someone..." She whirled around and came face to face with a strange figure, "Who are you?!" the girl stepped back , looking around for her weapon, only to realize it wasn't there... "HELP!"
*
Guan Ping stood at his window, looking out at the full moon, at the clear night sky, (Xing Cai...I wonder...) he sighed (She probably doesn't even feel the same...)
"HELP!" The cry cut through the silence like a knife, "HELP! SOMEONE!"
Guan Ping whirled around, "That was Xing Cai!" He grabbed his sword, which was hanging on the wall, then ran out of the room.
*
"Heh, you're coming with me..." The strange man said, looking at Xing Cai, she stepped back, grabbing the first thing she could see, a pillow. She flung it at the unknown intruder, but he smacked it aside easily, he punched her hard in the stomach, knocking the wind out of her, the next hit landed hard on the back of her head, knocking her out...
*
Guan Ping burst into Xing Cai's room, just in time to see the unknown man leap out of the window, Xing Cai over his shoulder.
"Xing Cai!" He ran over to the window to see the man ride off, Xing Cai unconscious on the back of his horse
"Dammit!" he pounded his fist on the windowsill, "I can't let whoever that was take her away." He looked out at the horizon, "I'll save her, myself."
With that, he turned and walked out of the room, heading for the stables.
*
Xing Cai slowly came too, a throbbing pain in her head, the first thing she noticed was her surroundings, a dark, prison cell, the next thing she noticed, was that she was standing upright, her wrists were tied behind her back and her ankles were tied together as well, the only thing keeping her upright was a rope attached to the ones holding her wrists in place, "Where am I?!" She cried out, struggling against the bonds, "Why the hell am I..." the door opened, and a young man walked in.
"Heh, I see that you are awake." He said, laughing, "Good, it wouldn't be any fun if you were asleep..."
"Who are you?!" She yelled, "Where am I?!"
He bowed, "I am Ji Huan, son of Ji Shang." He looked at Xing Cai, "You are here, so I can get my payback for my father's death."
"I've never even met your father!"
"Heh, but your father, Zhang Fei has." Huan walked closer, looking at Xing Cai, "You must have heard the story, your father was drunk, and tried to get my father to drink. My father refused, so your father beat him up."
"What does that have to do with his death?!"
"My father died from that beating!" He glared at Xing Cai, "Your father stole an important person from me, now I'll pay him back, by killing you the same way Zhang Fei killed my father."
She tried to pull away, "No! Father was drunk! He didn't mean to ki-AH!" He words were cut off as he hit her hard in the stomach.
*
Guan Ping made it to where he had seen the kidnapper take Xing Cai, an old, abandoned fortress. His hand gripped his sword hilt tightly as he walked inside.
*
Xing Cai cried out again as the man hit her again, she didn't know how much she could take, he was incredibly strong...a few more hits, and she could have sworn she was bleeding in a few places, her voice was getting raspy because of the screaming.
"Yes." Huan said, hitting her over an over, "Feel my father's pain!" He brought his arm back to throw an even more powerful punch, but it never got to Xing Cai.
Cai was in shock, the man was about to hit her again, when a large blade sliced through him, cutting him in two., as the body fell, her eyes fell upon her rescuer.
*
Guan Ping smiled, walking up to Xing Cai, "You okay?" He asked, quickly untying her, the girl immediately fell into Ping's arms and started to cry into his chest, the tears spurred by a mixture of pain and relief, Guan Ping held her close, "Don't worry...it's okay."
Xing Cai looked up at him, "Guan Ping...thank you..." She said, "I...I don't know what would've happened if..."
He shook his head, "Don't worry about that, you're okay now."
She smiled, wiping her eyes, "Ping..." She said, "Why did you come anyway? Why not wake lord Liu Bei or your father?"
Guan Ping blushed slightly, "Well...you see...the truth is..." He looked into Xing Cai's eyes, "I love you."
Xing Cai stared at him for a second, and for that second, he feared the worst, but when she smiled, and kissed him on the lips, all his doubts were shattered, and his hopes came to be. "I love you too." She said, "Thank you."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There, a fluffy, Guan Ping/Xing Cai rescue fic, so, how did you guys like my first time writing the couple? NJB, I hope you like this
Sign up to rate and review this story