Categories > Original > Drama

Tourniquet

by MCRmysoldier 0 reviews

(i suck at summaries) helena self harms and her mum finds out, will she be able to handle it?

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-02-27 - Updated: 2012-02-27 - 707 words - Complete

0Unrated
chapter one - pouring crimson regret

i turned up my music, letting the angelic voice of Amy Lee run through me, making my hairs stand on end. for me this is all i need. no sleeping, no eating, no drinking, music is my life and i could stay here forever...
"HELENA!"
...if only it was that easy.
"COMIN MUM!" i replied to the screeching voice that belonged to my mum.
"HELENA FRANCESCA TOURNIQUET, GET DOWN HERE NOW!"
"I SAID, IM COMING!" i dragged myself unwillingly downstairs and into the living room, where my mum was stood almost literally fuming.
"i told you to take these clothes upstairs over a week ago...helena are you even listening to me?"
i felt a sudden sharp pain as she yanked my earbuds out of my ears.
"ow!"
"oh shut up, that didnt hurt." she said coldly
"okay so clothes." she gestured to a pile of my washed and ironed clothes cluttering up the couch
"what about them?"
"put them away like i asked you to over a week ago!"
i forced my tired green eyes to look at the mountain of clothes.
"NOW!" she spat in my face.
i sighed and peered at them again, only to have them forced onto me, burying me up to my knees.

i gathered them up and carried them in my arms like a baby. i waited till i was out of sight before plugging my headphones back in.

its true, we're all a little, insane...

"OH SHIT!" i dropped the clothes and they tumbled down the stairs, leaving a lacy bra danlgling off my hand.
"FOR FUCK SAKE!" i screamed at the top of my lungs. i ran up to my room, leaving my clothes scattered scroos the stairs and hallway.
"I CANT FUCKING SO ANYTHING RIGHT!"
"OI. watch your tongue missy." i heard my mum say as i slammed my bedroom door shut.
i searched helplessly through my drawers and cupboards until i found what i was looking for, at the bottom of my wardrobe. the pieces of my smashed mirror. sharp and dangerous. perfect. i chose my weapon carefully, picking the smallest yet sharpest piece of glass, and laid it on my bed. i rolled my sleeve up to my elbow and dragged the glass through my wrist, letting the cromson regret flow out of me. i opened my door to get a tissue for the blood but my mum was already there. she stood staring at my wrist, her face paler than a blanket of snow, her eyes widdened in both shock and horror.
"mum...i'm..."
"no." she said her eyes filled with hurt and pain. she looked back at my wrist and a single tear slid down her cheek. she stretched out her finger and pointed.
"there-there's more than one cut!?"
"mum im so sorry-"
"no." she repeated blankly
"dont say anything. just put some tissue on that, i need to do something."
she walked down the stairs at a snails pace. she was in shock. i walked into the bathroom with my legs straight and stiff. i grabbed the tissue and tugged resulting in pulling the holder off the wall. i felt rage bubbling up inside me.
"its okay helena. its just a toilet holder." i said to myself
"nothing to get angry about."
"hello" i heard my mum say as if she were talking on the phone. i strolled back to my room and picked up the second landline phone. i pressed my ear up against the warm, navy blue plastic.
"...yes francesca tourniquet."
sure enough, she was on the phone.
"is doctor biersack all booked up for tomorrow?"
doctor?
"urrmmmm i think he has an apointment slot open at...9:15am."
"oh thats great, the only problem now will be getting my daughter up. she doesnt usually get up till mid-day in the holidays."
they both laughed...wait...why am i going too? i' 14 years old i can stay home alone!
"whos the appointment for again?"
"helena francesca tourniquet."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
i hope you like this its my first original story cuz i like writing fan fics n stuff. it is based on a real life event and i will try to update as often as i can.
MCRmysoldier
Sign up to rate and review this story