Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Everything He Did

Everything He Did

by kiraluvsu 1 review

Annie has cancer, and she's starving for death. But when she meets a new boy one night, everything changes.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-03-05 - Updated: 2012-03-06 - 1304 words

0Unrated

So here i was slowly dying in a hospital, the last place I would want to spend my final seconds in. And the last things I would eat would be nasty hospital food. Never to have a simple piece of cake ever again. Sad, yes, but I didn't mind anymore, I just wanted the pain to go away and the faster the better.

I had gotten pretty comfortable in my little room, but I never left, didn't see any need to. If I did I'd have to take the wheelchair, which I hated.

I hated feeling so powerless over my own body, I'd just given up entirely. The cancer would finish me off faster if I was depressed, which I was. Everyone knew I was, all I had for visitors were my parents. My Father was hardly ever around, he spent most of his time in downtown bars now-a-days. My mother looked just as depressed as I was. She knew how lonely I had been ever since I was first put into this hospital, 2 years ago. But she knew there was nothing she could do about it but be here for me. And I loved her for that.

"Momma, go home, get some sleep. Visiting hours will be over soon," she didn't want to leave but the tired look on her face showed of obvious dark circles.

When she left I switched on the TV. Truthfully, visiting hours wouldn't be over for another 4 hours, I just wanted her to get some sleep.

I found myself throwing up and crying by myself an hour later, a nurse came in to check up on me and left the door open so she could see me from her desk.

I couldn't take the pain anymore, it wasn't worth it, living through it for 2 years, when I was gonna die anyways.

I snuck out of my room in my sweatpants and spaghetti strap shirt. I sleuthed down the hallway acting like a spy on a mission and I crawled, and rolled, and slid till I got to my destination. The supply closet, where the Janitor kept all of his stuff. Including his migraine pills. I figured if I swallowed enough, I would die an easy death. No more nausea or pain.

I got to the door and slid up against it, still in my spy mode.

And out of no where I hear clapping. I spun to the source on my right. A man in black skinny jeans and a red hoodie covering his eyes was staring at me in bewilderment. He even wolf whistled, who was this guy?

"THAT was some pretty good spy work. Are you like one of the Charlie's angels or something?" He walked closer to me, suddenly I was feeling very sick. I was never good at talking to boys, let alone CUTE boys.

He held out his hand I took it politely. "The name's Gerard, and you are?"

"Annie," I replied.

"Pleasure to meet you, what were you doing in the closet anyways?" I looked down at the pills in my hands. He seemed to notice them for the first time and looked even more confused. I shoved them in my pocket and backed up, this was no time to make acquaintances.

"Uh I need to go," I turned around and peered around the corner, fuck, the nurse was back at her desk. There was no way I could sneak by her unnoticed.

I leaned against the wall in annoyance, I could've made it if it wasn't for this kid.

"Nurse Lane's there isn't she?" I jumped as the kid, Gerard, spoke up from beside me. Why was he still here?

I nodded in response.

"You can hide out in my room till she leaves," I looked up at him, from what I could see he didn't look very sick, I wondered what he had.

"I guess," I followed him down the opposite end of the hallway and we came to a room. I was surprised his room was so close to mine and I had never seen him around here before.

He held the door open for me and closed it behind us. I looked around and noticed a few band posters, it reminded me of my room.

"How long have you been here?" I asked him.

"Just a week, I was transferred here from Stanford," He unzipped his hoodie and threw it on his bed. That's when I noticed he didn't have hair. He had cancer just like me.

"How long have you had cancer?" I asked looking at him with a serious look.

"I've been in and out of hospitals for 2 and a half years now," his face went sullen.

"Same," I looked around to find something that would change the subject.

"Oh! I'm sorry, you can sit on the bed if you'd like, I don't have much in here yet, but I do have a game cube and mario karts," Gerard said, seeming to take my looking around as an act of boredom.

My face lit up, "No way! I love that game!"

He smiled back and set the game up.


We must have been playing for a while because by the time we were done it was 2 in the morning. I started to feel drowsy, this was way passed my normal bedtime.

I stood up from my place on the edge of the bed, "I should be going, I doubt nurse Lane is still here, she's probably flirting with the security guards downstairs."

Gerard laughed and stood up too.

"Yeah probably, um, I'll walk you to your room," He opened the door and we both walked in the shadows of the hall. I have to admit, I was thankful he was escorting me, this place can be pretty scary at night.

I heard a creaking sound from behind us and yelped in the most girly way possible.

Gerard caught my hand in his and gave it a reassuring squeeze. I nodded a silent thank you.

I deliberately walked slower after that, he was holding my hand, and I didn't want to let go.

We rounded the corner at the end of the hall and sure enough, nurse Lane was nowhere to be seen.

We came to my door and I turned to him, quickly thinking of something to say, "goodnight Gerard," was all I could think of.

"Goodnight Annie," He looked like he wanted to say something else, but he stayed silent. I opened my door and walked in my room, but just before the door shut, Gerard caught it.

I looked at him, confused.

"Uh, Annie, w-would you like to hang out tomorrow? Maybe show me around?" He asked nervously. Did he really doubt that I would say yes?

"Of course, that would be lovely," I beamed.

He cracked a huge smile, "Great, okay I'll see you tomorrow." He turned and started back to his room. I closed my door and leaned my head against it.


It took a moment for the moment sink in, and once it did a jolt of excitement ran through me. I ran to my dresser and threw all my clothes on the bed.
I must have gone through 20 outfits before picking out my black beanie, fall out boy shirt, black skinny jeans, and ballet flats. I hadn't been this happy in years.

Tons of things were running through my head, did he like me? Did he think of me as a friend? What were we gonna do tomorrow? Was this friendly date going to lead to anything?

I jumped on my bed and sighed, but a rattling sound in my pocket took me out of my thoughts. The pills?

I stared at them with hatred, and threw them out my window.

This was the most human I'd felt in years.
Sign up to rate and review this story