Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Everything He Did

One Sweet Day

by kiraluvsu 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-03-06 - Updated: 2012-03-07 - 1153 words

0Unrated
The next morning I woke up bright and early, my nurse came in and did the usual routine.

"Hunny, is it just me or are you radiating optimism this morning? Something happen?" My nurse, Lizzy, asked. My cheeks went bright red.

"Yes, Liz, I met someone." I didn't feel the need to keep any secrets from Lizzy, we told each other everything.

"Girl, seriously? Don't play with me, now. Is this someone a boy?" She moved her hands to her hips, giving me her full attention.

"Yes, Liz," I hid my face from her gaze.

"That's wonderful, when did you meet him? Is he nice? Tell me everything!" She sat next to me on my bed, ready to talk for hours, like we would usually do until my parents would arrive.

"I just met him last night, he transferred here from stanford, and yes Liz, he's sweet."

Her face brightened up, "He's that new kid… Gerard... right?" I nodded. "He's next on my list this morning, I'll go see for myself what this kid is like. You know I have to approve of him."

I jumped out of my bed and stopped her in her tracks.

"Please don't say anything embarrassing Liz," I begged.

"Relax kiddo, I'm just gonna get to know the kid, I promise, I will not bring you into the conversation," she said.

"Okay… you may proceed. Oh and Liz?"

"Yeah, hun?"

"Can you tell me everything when your finished?"

She smiled, "Yes Annie, I'll tell you everything."

She left and I exitedly began to get ready for the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in my room watching Adventure Time when Lizzy came back. I turned off the tv and began the questioning.

"How did it go? What did he say?" I asked.

"Woah, calm down there, I just got here!" She sat in the chair next to my bed.

I took a calming breath, "okay."

"Alright, so anything in particular you would like to know?" Lizzy asked.

"Everything!" I replied.

"He's a nice kid, I think you two are perfect for each other. I asked him general questions, like: His favorite hobbies, movies, music. He told me that he plays guitar and sings, he loves horror movies, and he listens to a lot of the same music you do. His room looks just like yours, you know that?"

I shook my head no, not wanting to tell her that I was in his room last night. She'd have way too many questions.

"Anyways-" She began to say something but was caught off by a knock on the door. I sprang up to answer it. And, just as I had predicted, it was Gerard. He was wearing the same hoodie from yesterday, along with a Green Day shirt and jeans.

"Hey, is this a bad time? I can come back," He looked at Lizzy standing behind me.

"No, it's okay, she was just about to leave, can you hold on for a sec?" I closed the door and spun around to Lizzy who was beaming.

"Liz, can you tell my mother she can get some rest today instead of visiting me?" I asked.

She nodded,"of course hun. You run along now."

I hugged her and left with Gerard.

First, I decided to show him the food court, which was, like usual, crowded and boring. Then I showed him the entertainment room, it had a projection screen for movies and a few computers, not anything special. After, I showed him my favorite place of all, the garden. It was located on the roof and had a fountain and a few benches. It was very relaxing and helped me take my mind off of things. I was hoping he'd appreciate it too.

"Wow, this place is really nice," Gerard reached his hand in the water of the fountain, scaring off some fish.

"It's the nicest place here. I spend most of my time up here, get's my mind off of things," We were now sitting next to each other on the fountain.

"Do you ever leave the hospital?" He asked.

I shook my head no, "I don't want to be seen like this," I said truthfully. Since the day I started to lose my hair, I had been embarrassed to be in public.

I felt a hand wrap around my shoulders.

"Annie, your beautiful. Don't let the stares get to you. They're just jealous they can't pull off this look like we can."

I laughed, taking his comment to heart.

"Annie, what were you doing with those pills yesterday?" He suddenly brought up.

My laughing stopped dead. He would think I was a coward if I told him the truth, but I didn't want to lie to him.

"I think that's a story for another time," I said seriously. He looked at me skeptically, but shook it off. We sat on a small hill next to some plants and stared at the clouds. Neither of us said a word.


As I was looking at a particular cloud that looked like a frog I felt Gerard's stare. I turned my gaze to him and smiled from the attention, "What?"

He reached down and held my hand in his, "Annie, would you like to go out tomorrow? Like on a date?"

My heart skipped a beat, "Like a real date?"

"Yes, to an actual restraunt, I wanna take you out of this place."

I didn't waste a second to think about my response, "That would be great."

We talked for a while up there until lunch came around. I invited him to my room to eat and watch tv. It was great we were both sitting close on my bed enjoying a random spongebob episode on tv. I was really enjoying myself, until I started to feel sick.

"Annie, are you alright?" Gerard stopped eating, he recognized the look on my face. He knew what it felt like.

He quickly reached over the bed and, just as I was about to puke everywhere, shoved a bucket in my hands. I turned so my back faced him, I didn't want him to see me like this. It was embarrassing for me.

He rubbed my back and held my hair back till I was done. Then he gave me a glass of water.

"Sorry," I mumbled, totally miserable now.

"Don't worry about it, tomorrow it could be me," He brushed my hair out of my face and turned back to the tv. I sat in bewilderment, I'd never met someone that was so understanding, that actually knew exactly what I was going through.

He caught me staring, "What?"

I shook my head, "Nothing."

He slid his arm over my shoulders and pulled me closer. We stayed in my room like that for the rest of the day. And even though I was in so much pain, he made me forget that I even had this stupid cancer.
Sign up to rate and review this story