Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Broken Romances

Chapter eight

by SleepyMonkey 0 reviews

its starting to get better :) let me know what you think

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-03-10 - Updated: 2012-03-11 - 6478 words - Complete

0Unrated
Franks POV

We pulled up at the mansion and I stumbled out of my van, I was bleeding and bruised and I didn't know what to do, how the fuck am I meant to explain this to everyone? No body knows, not even Gerard... Well he knows, just not the full story.

Bandit jumped out, keys in one hand and her purple bag hanging off the other arm, she ran toward me and took out a bottle of water.
She sat down in the back of the van with me and wiped my face and nursed my cuts and wounds, I was too embarrassed to speak so I kind of brushed her off and awkwardly looked away.
I reached for my bag but she took it before I could and she insisted she would take it in,
'Leave it, I'm fine to carry it' she said heaving it along,
'Thanks' I tried to say, it came out as a whisper. She still heard and nodded an awkward smile.

I staggered in the front door and everything after that is a huge blur of faces and Bandit crying and cupping her face in her hands, I wanted to reach out and pull her in and hug her and hold her and tell her I'm fine and everything's gonna be okay but I couldn't move or speak or anything and all I could do was stare blankly in pain.

'We need to get him to a hospital'
Ugh no. I fucking hate hospitals! I'm always there, I literally grew up in a hospital I was there that much.
No. I refuse to go to a hospital.
'No, I'm fine. No hospitals!' I managed to slur out.

They must've understood because when I woke up I was in Bandits room.
'Frank?'
I rolled over,
'Frank!'
I groaned,
'Can you hear me Frank?'
'Yesssss' I whispered 'Shh, I'm sleepy'
'Oh Jesus Christ Frank, you scared the fuck out of me!'
I rolled back to see Ley- Anne standing by my bedside, I honestly thought she was Bandit.
'Wheres Bandit?'
'Hot tub'
'You have a hot tub?'
'Yeah and a sauna, spa and a pool'
'Shit'
'You want me to get her?'
I nodded and she disappeared out the door. I sat up in Bandits bed and looked around the room, intrigued by her posters and pin ups.
Not a minute later Bandit ran in and her arms were around my neck,
'Fuck you, for scaring me'
She burst in tears and smiled,
'Jesus Bandit, thanks for everything'
'It's okay'
'I'm just lost and depressed from the truth, my dads a heroin addict and alcoholic and I was just tryna protect you before'
She gave a weak smile and looked down to play with her fingers,
'Whats wrong?'
'Nothing you just scared the fuck out of me!'
'No, there's something else on your mind...'
'Well two things actually...'
'Yeah?'
'Um, I tried out for the senior cheerleading squad and also-'
She pulled out a paper from her back pocket and unfolded it fully,
'- there's this senior dance sorta prom thing I was hoping we could go together because it IS compulsory and yeah...'
'Of course! If I heard about it being so near I'd ask YOU but this is good too' I said smiling, happy to change the subject.
'Awesome! I'm so excited' she beamed.
'Me too'
'How are you feeling?' she asked brushing my hair off my face,
'Im fine, calm down okay?'
'I can't Frankie, I care too much'
'Lets go for a walk, or drive whatever'
'Coffee?'
'YES!' I giggled
'Okay, well Jioannis Cafe isn't far from here, it's a nice little Italian coffee place or Starbucks is just down the road...'
'I love Starbucks'
'Same. Starbucks it is'
She helped me up and we walked over to starbucks and I bought myself coffee and her a latte.
We sipped them awkwardly and I noticed she was staring at me, I tried to look away and find something else to distract me but her stare was captivating.
She looked so cute, the clothes she wore to school with a bear faced beanie with little pom-poms on the top.
After Starbucks we went to the park just down the street and sat by the lake.
I confessed I heard her singing and everything else that happened today and she was fine with it. Then Gee called and I don't really remember our conversation just Bandit yelling 'HI GERARD' and him laughing like what the fuck.
I remember going back to the mansion and taking a shower, I wrapped a towel around the bottom half and opened the bathroom door,
'Oh shit!' I jumped at the sight of another guy standing there.
'Sorry man'
'Um..' I said, awkwardly adjusting the towel
'Oh, I'm Aaron' he said, extending his hand.
'Frank' I said, shaking his.
'Alright, I'm-'

'Frankieeeeeeeeeeeee?!'
Bandit appeared in the room,
'Oh, so you've met Aaron'
'Uh yeah'
Me and Aaron just smiled awkwardly and she laughed at us.
'Uh Frank...?' she asked
'Yeah' I smiled
'Forgetting something?'
'Wha-'
'Pants' Aaron pointed out
'Oh shit' I said going red
Aaron and Bandit laughed and I walked into the other room to change.
After changing I went downstairs and Bandit was laughing with Aaron in the living room, I thought not to interrupt them so I went into the kitchen to make dinner.
I was going to make a salad and veggie burgers but there was no tomato or cucumber left so I grabbed my keys and snuck out before anyone could notice I was gone.

I drove down to the florist and bought a dozen roses each for Ley-Anne, Jess and Bandit, just to surprise them, make them feel loved. You know?
I went to the grocery store and bought my salad ingredients and went back to the mansion.
Walking in the front door i couldn't help but notice everything was quiet, way too quiet. I left the roses in the car and went upstairs, Aaron was in Bandits room on the phone, but the girls weren't anywhere to be found.
'Nah it's okay, I'll be done within two days. Trust me- these girls, easy. The boyfriends mean nothing Dee! Fuck it. -
Yeah okay bye, love you too, bye'
What the fuck?
Okay this guy is creepy.
I went back downstairs and found the girls in the living room on the couch playing crash bandicoot on playstation,
'Girls. I have something to show you all'
'Huh?' Jess said pausing the game
'Yeah what?' Ley-Anne asked
'Oh just get up' Bandit said
They followed me outside and I made them close their eyes and hold out their hands,
I put a bunch in Jess' arms, a bunch in Ley-Anne's then I kissed Bandit, THEN gave her the roses.
'Open your eyes now'
They all gasped
'Aw Frank that's so much!'
'Yeah thanks Frank!!'
Bandit smiled and said,
'I hope I was the only one you kissed' we all laughed.
Aaron and Jess left and it was just us for dinner, the only thing stuck in my mind was maybe I should learn to dance because prom was in two weeks...

Bandits POV

When we got to the mansion I parked my car and got out, I half ran over to Franks van,
'You alright?' I asked feeling stupid, obviously he wasnt alright!
He stumbled out and I pulled out my water bottle from my bag, I cleaned off what I could but the rest of the blood was stained on his skin, the cuts still oozing out blood and the bruises forming, swelling on his pale skin.
I cant help but feel his is my fault. If I wasnt there his dad wouldnt have gone off and none of this would've happened, as if he was reading my mind Frank looked up into my eyes,
'It's not your fault you know'
'Ho-?'
'I can tell, I can see what your feeling in your eyes. You feel guilty but it's not your fault'
'How do you know Frank?'
'Because it happens all the time! If you weren't there it would've been worse, this time I was lucky- I just skated by'
'I don't believe in luck' I mumbled
'Me either'
I was surprised he actually heard me and after I realized I was staring I went back to cleaning a large cut on his left arm.
'Im sorry'
'Why?'
'Because you had to be there when it happened'
'Its not your fault. It's okay'
He gave a weak smile and continued staring at his feet.

I helped him stand and I grabbed his bag, he leant on me as I carried his body weight on my shoulder inside, I was used to being leant on, hey I do cheerleading don't I?

I kicked open the door for lack of available hands to turn the knob, Ley-Anne said something about her watching The Misfits and for us to shut up then she looked over and looked frightened. We were drenched from the rain and shivering and he was covered in red snow from the blood.
She helped me carry lay him on the couch and he groaned in pain,
he started to have a coughing fit and Ley-Anne passed him tissues, which he used to cough out blood.
'We've got to get you to a hospital Frank!' I said
'What the fuck happened Bandit?!'
'I'll explain later, right now we're helping him!'
'No!- No hospitals!' he spluttered and groaned
'What? Frank are you fucking crazy!' I yelled,
'Im fine, just NO hospitals!'
'Okay, alright' I sighed.
Frankly, I was relieved because i hate hospitals, I really do. They make me feel sick if I spend more than five minutes in there.

We helped him upstairs and into my room, he was all drowsy and fell asleep almost instantly so me and Ley-Anne went back downstairs.
'Fuck this I'm going in the hot tub now the rains stopped. If he wakes up let me know'
'Okay' she said sighing.

I changed into my bikini that hardly fit me anymore and slid into the hot tub slowly. I hadn't been in it for so long and I missed it too. It's just a shame we only use it on sad occasions to clear our heads.
I plugged my iPod into the doc and started playing Luna by Smashing Pumpkins. It calmed me and I sat there relaxing for a while just taking in all the sounds and smells around me.
Ding-Dong.
'DOORBELL!!!' I yelled
Our doorbell has the camera system and speaker too and there's one outside and in the kitchen and the outside one always goes off first.
I heard Jess open the door and greet whoever it was and after about five minutes I called out,
'Who's at the door Jess?'
'Uh...Hold on a second'
Not a minute later Jess appeared at the back door, she moved aside and then I saw Aaron standing right there. Holy shit!!!
So I guess I should fill you in.
Aaron is my ex, we dated between the time with me and Sam and this is what happened.
We got together but he dumped me and admitted he was using me to piss off his girl at the time and it worked because me and her used to be best friends and she hated me.
A couple months later we got back for real and I broke up with him because he was acting shady and I couldnt find out if he was sill with that other girl or not because we lived so far away so I broke up with his bipolar ass and got with this kid at school, Blake.
While I was with Blake I spent a weekend hanging out with Aaron and he kissed me, back at school there was a party coming up and me and Blake kissed but it wasn't real. It was nothing.
A couple months later Aaron and I got really close and after Sam died he was always there for me until one time when he slipped up big time. He promised me he'd come to this disco that Sam was meant to go to, he bought a ticket and said he was definitely coming up until the night of the disco. I was already there and I texted him but he said he couldn't make it.
After that we had a couple fights but in the end we were always best friends, we were really close to getting back together when I found out he was moving to Italy.
He was 15 at the time and he was moving because his parents got divorced, he was moving with his mom. He could've stayed, he only had one more year until he didn't have to be under his parents' custody but he chose to leave and it broke my heart.

'Bandit?'
'Aaron!? Ahhhhhhh!!!!' I yelled getting out of the hot tub wrapping myself in the nearest towel.
He ran toward me and hugged me tightly, much like the day he left, he lifted me off the ground and kissed both my cheeks, it was an Italian thing.

'I missed you so much bella!'
'Fuck! I haven't heard you say that in what, five years now?!'
'Yeah, fuuuuck'
'Okay well you two go be lovey-dovey while I go back upstairs to find Frank' Jess pointed out
'Oh alright, I'll be right up' I said as she went back inside.
'So, no more piercings for you?' I asked, 'What happened? What made you get rid of them all'
'Dude I'm almost 20, I cant be having lip piercings and ear piercings and stretchers, now can I?'
'Yes! They were hot'
He laughed,
'I missed you so much'
'You know, I'm still mad at you'
'Why bella?'
'For leaving, and cutting all communication. It was so long ago, I never thought you'd be that cold'
'Im sorry. But guess what?'
'What?' I smiled, pulling a sweater over my head.
'Well after repeating ninth grade like three times I learnt how to write properly and I can read better too'
'Im proud' he had finally dealt with his dyslexia
'Really?'
'Hey I've got something to show you'
I pulled on my jeans and lead him upstairs into one of the spare rooms and slid a small silver box out from under the bed. He sat on the bed with me as I opened it, I took out a letter and unfolded it,
'Remember this?' I said passing it to him to read.
'Holy fuck, flamingo balls!!!'
'Take that as a yes'
'Yeah! Oh fuck, I can't believe I actually wrote this. Oh shit'
'What?'
'Jace and Cassie, Riley and Rose'
'What about them?'
'Didn't you hear?'
'No, hear what?!'
'Riley, he uh.. Had some bad habits... After he and Rose got married-'
'I knew they'd get married!!'
'Yeah, after they got married he wasted his life away gamboling and shit and he came across some drugs one time and ODed. He died Bandit'
I shut my eyes tightly,
'What? No!'
'Sorry' he said rubbing my back as I let my eyes fill with tears, I wasn't afraid to cry in front of him, he'd seen me cry a lot more than this anyway.
'W-What about the others?' I stuttered,
'Um.. Rose moved back to Greece with her family, she hasn't been the same. Still wears the ring too.
Jace and Cassie were in a car accident, I think it was last year, Cassie died instantly but Jace held on 26 hours before flat lining in the hospital. From the fucked four couples it's just us left'
'What about Amanda?' I spat, Amanda is his ex. My old best friend.
'No ones heard from her since Florida and even that was ages ago, six years'
I ran my fingers through my hair and he passed the letter back. He gave me this the day he left for Italy. It was a Wednesday afternoon at a park just near my place. I gave him a DVD to watch on the plane, it was like a goodbye tape from me.

Aaron went to the bathroom and Jess came in and passed me a flyer from school for the senior prom. Compulsory event. It stated in bold capital letters at the bottom. Oh. Compulsory.
Me and Frank decided to go together (obviously), i had to find the perfect dress in under two weeks. Shit!

Me and my sisters went downstairs to just hang out and watch tv, play play station games and stuff, after like 30 minutes Frank comes downstairs,
'Come outside, I've got to show you all something'
He made us walk outside in the cold eyes closed arms out but in the end it was worth it.
He put a dozen roses in all our arms and kissed me,
'So this is the boyfriend' Aaron said jealously from the doorway
'Uh yeah...'

Jess and Aaron left after ten minutes, Jess was going to stay at Mikey and Gee's,
'Don't fuck. And if you do make sure to use a co-'
'FRANK!' I yelled at him
'Well... If you try 69 sometime just make sure you use mouthwash after' he mumbled while cutting up some tomatoes with Ley-Anne in the kitchen.
'FRANKK! STOP!' Jess laughed
'Touch my boyfriend I'll cut you, bitch' Ley-Anne winked from the kitchen, holding up a knife.
'Dude, relax!'

Gerard's POV

Proms- not my thing.
Dancing- so not my thing.
Suits and ties- I'm fucked.
But I don't want to let Ley-Anne down so I've got to do it all.
I thought of all of this while I was pulling a sweater over my head and pulling my skinny jeans over my thighs.
At school, the prom committee asked me to help decorate, it was a Halloween theme thing, no wonder they asked me.
'I was also hoping you could Dj too, if that's cool...?' one of the committee girls, Sierra, asked.
'Yeah, sure. No problem' I said still staring at my feet.
'Okay! Thanks Gerard!' she said waking away.
'Sierra!'
'Yeah?' she said turning around
'Where do I go?'
'The gym, they're planning in there now'
'Thanks' I mumbled and she smiled back.
I walked down to the gym and saw the committee and then there was Jess, Mikey and Peter,
'What are you doing here?' Mikey asked
'Apparently I have to help with music and decorations.. What about you three?'
'A weeks detention and apparently this is included as apart of the torture' Jess laughed as Peter scoffed in the backround,
'Shut the fuck up!' me Jess and Mikey all said at the same time, he just looked down and Mr Tasen walked in, he was about to retaliate but we all shut up.

I never really have much to say in these things, I don't remember much from my high school years before...the accident, the wake up call.

All I remember from the preparation of prom was Mr Tasen walks in and stands on the stage,
'Okay people, it's good to see we have some new faces by choice and by force' he looks over at me Jess, Peter and Mikey, 'and it's good to see all of our committee is here too. Now guys, this is senior prom. This is the biggest night of you're lives so far! And theres actually been a bit of an issue. On the flyers and notices it says grades 11&12. Well the year 11's were a mistake, their prom is next year but the others can bring dates from that year if they want.
Okay so people this is what's happening, Sierra is head of committee, Raven and Belinda are in charge of catering, Rick and Yasmin are on decorations with some help from Gerard who's also preparing music and then there's Peter and Jess on organizing chairs and tables and arrangements. Did I leave anything out?'
'Yeah, us!'
'Oh sorry, didn't see you over there, Mikey and Iris on setting a venue for the after party'

Shit.
Mikey and Iris?
Jess and Peter?
Not good.
It's like war of the exes about to happen especially since their paired up.

'Hey I'm Rick'
'Yasmin'
'Im Gerard' I gave a weak smile
'So should we go somewhere and do this shit?' Rick suggested
'Yeah' I nodded
'Agreed, let's jet' Yasmin said.
We went into an empty classroom and Yasmin opened a notebook and I passed her a pen,
'So any ideas?' she asked
'Um... What if we did like black drapes and then had black and orange tall candles on the tables' I suggested
'Yeah, and then like orange and black helium balloons but in the centre there should be like a giant one shaped like a jack-o-lantern but full of little black and orange balloons!' Rick added
'Yeah! That's awesome!' she said while writing our ideas,
'Yasmin, let's just figure out costs and how many balloons and candles we're gonna need' Rick told her,
'You can just call me Yaz'
'Sure' I smiled
'But Ricks right, we need to do it like that'
'I agree' she smiled.

'Okay well, my uncle owns a party shop. I could probably get streamers, balloons and a couple helium tanks heaps cheap or probably free I reckon' Rick said
'My cousin owns a candle and essence shop, candles are done cheap'
'Um, I could probably get some lights and fog machines, my dads an electrician he can hook me up. And I know a guy thats a DJ, his name's Ray, Dj Fro' I said awkwardly.
'Okay easy' Yaz smiled
'Okay well let's just get as much as we can by Monday in the hall. That gives us tomorrow and the weekend to collect our shit' Rick pointed out to us,
'Alright easy, looks like we're done here' Yaz smiled.
She shut the notebook, passed my pen and shoved her books in her bag. Swinging it over her shoulder she walked out, Rick just chuckled and disappeared out the door after her I took my time then followed a couple minutes later.

'GERARD!'
I looked back to see who was calling me,
'GEE YOU FUCK! Im right here!' Frank said,
'Oh sorry. Didn't see you there. No offense...'
He smiled,
'So what's so important you had to scream about?' I asked,
'Well Bandit kinda asked me to the prom when I was like sedated but I want to ask her properly, what do I do?'
'You're asking the wrong Way'
'Hm. Good point. I'll go find Mikey'
'Uh.. He's with Iris'
'WITH WITH Iris?!'
'No he's still going out with Jess-'
'Explain?'
'Prom committee shit, his detention involved helping I guess and he got paired with her and Jess was paired with Peter that fuck'
'Crap!'
'I know'
'No, well yeah but I was saying crap coz I forgot my locker code again' he said standing in front of his locker.
I opened mine and slid a paper out from the top shelf,
'You're code'
'Thanks'
He opened his locker and I put the paper back on its shelf for next week when he forgets his code again,
'Dude a rose? Really?'
'Dude it's for Bandit. Shut up'
'Alright. I didn't say anything' I laughed,
I shut my locker and walked off leaving Frank with his head in his locker still stressing about how he's gonna ask Bandit to the prom.

Ley-Anne's POV

Bandit bursts in dripping wet with Frank hanging off her shoulder then she tells me his dad was the one who did this and now she's in the hot tub and her ex (aka rebound prince charming) is in the living room.
Fuck!
I swear if she sees him she's going to remember everything that happened between them and her and Sam too and she's gonna go back to her old habits.

Drinking.
Smoking.
Cutting.

It's not like she doesn't drink or smoke now, because she does, it's just that now she's slowed down since the day we found her upstairs and then I dunno what Frank did but he helped her heaps.

I stood my ground at least. Made it clear that he can't have her.
'Aaron? What the fuck are you doing here?'
Jess flinched, she was always the one who needed an explicit lyrics sticker to be put on the rest of us and have the cusses bleeped out.
'Hey Ley-Anne, I heard you were in and I just thought I'd come visit'
It was my turn to flinch, I hated when he said my name it was like ice through my skin.
I walked further into the living room and lent against the wall, arms crossed against my chest,
'You know, there's a reason Bandit dumped you, theres a legit reason she never wanted you back, there's a reason she's been avoiding you so long'
'Yeah well, when I left we were best friends, I come back hoping for it to stay the same'
'Oh don't give me that bullshit. You're here because you've got noone else, no Cass and Jace, no Riley and Rose, no Sam, and no Amanda. Then theres Bandit, vulnerable yet caught up, emotionally unstable. Broken.
She's got a boyfriend, maybe not conscious, but he's upstairs'
'Maybe not con-?'
Bandit called out and he broke eye contact, he and Jess went out to Bandit and I rolled my eyes and went upstairs.
I walked past Bandits room expecting to see a sleeping Frank except I couldn't exactly see him, I went in the room and stood by his bedside, pacing back and forth deciding wether I should tell him all about the Aaron situation, or wake him and let him find out on his own or if she's already told him or if-
All my thoughts clashed together at once and it was like a knife through my brain, then he woke up.
I went back downstairs to get Bandit but instead bumped into Le Douche Aaron-
'Wheres-?'
'Bandit?'
'Yeah'
'Left'
'Huh?'
'Look left'
So I did, there was a door and through that door was Bandit sitting on a bed,
'What did you-?'
'I didn't do anything, merely told her the truth. Something YOU should've done a long time ago'
'Truth? Truth about what?!'
'Cassie, Jace, Rose, Riley, Amanda, Sam'
I shut my eyes tight and he walked right past,
'Where are you going?'
'Im leaving'
'Sure'
'But I'll be back soon, I've just got to get back to check if I left my oven on'
'Bye.' I stated blandly
'Cioè bella'
'Don't call me that' I said with my jaw clenched. He waved and shut the door behind him.
I went into the room with Bandit,
'Sorry I never told you' I put my hand on her arm and she shook me off,
'No don't fucking touch me'
'Bandit'
'Just stop'
'Wait'
'Wait? For what? For my fucking life to fuck up even more! Six of my fucking best friends have fucking died or fucking disappeared! It's not oh-fucking-kay anymore!
What's next, you're going to tell me either I'm dying or Frank, Gerard, Mikey, Jess and you are all about to die too?!'
'Please don't cry Cherry'
'Don't EVER fucking call me that again!'
'I-'
'Let me guess, you're sorry?'
'I- Franks awake'
She stormed out and ran upstairs.
I sat on the bed and ran my fingers through my hair, all I know is she's got a box full of sharp objects that I've got to get rid of. The box also contains letters between her and Aaron, letters Rose sent her and letters from Riley before it all ended.
I really didn't know what to do so I went for a drive to calm down, I drove slow past the woods until I came to a stop right in the middle of the street, it's not like it was a busy place. To be honest I was the only one on the road, it was dark and I got out of my car and stared into the forest half heartedly hoping to see someone run by, an axe murderer or canibal running around like a mental case or something but nothing. Just trees and leaves- nature shit.
On the other side, a cemetery with a stream running through the middle. It was quiet and my mind was empty so I turned around and headed home.
What the fuck am I going to do?

I got home and no one noticed I was gone, me and my sisters played some play station before Frank bought us all roses then made us dinner. It was meant to be veggie burgers and salad but he just burned the veggie patties and claimed it Cajun.

I went to bed that night in tears, I just needed to find out whats gonna happen with Bandit. I love her but the bitch needs to act her age sometimes, we're almost 18 and shes got no clue what's she wants in life- she's still caught up in Junes birthday suicide since thirteen.

Mikey's POV

He sat down and extended his hand,
'I'm-'
'I know who you are'
'So she's told you about me?'
'Yeah'
I couldn't help but notice his dark green eyes were glowing or how he flipped his hair out of his eyes every few minutes or how he held her hand tight or how he stared at her when she spoke, her angelic voice just penetrating my thoughts-
'Mikey?'
'Hm? What? Sorry...'
'Oh I was just going to tell you that you're meant to be at the doctors in ten minutes'
'Oh shit!'
'You need a ride man?' Robby asked,
'Nah I'm right, thanks'
I frantically searched for my keys,
'Um.. Babe?'
'Yeah?' I said still searching,
'Looking for something?'
'Yeah my key- Oh' she was dangling my keys in front of her face,
'Thanks' I said taking them. I kissed her and waved bye to them and walked out of the coffee shop.

Well wasn't that awkward?
When I arrived at the doctors I ran inside and I went right in,
'Michael you have to do some more scans and blood tests today, final ones and you can get your results as soon as tonight or as late as next week'
'Thats fine, I've got time to spare' I smiled.

The doctor took me into a room and poked a couple needles in my arms then he made me lay down and go through this machine that did a brain scan and I did a couple reflex and eye-hand coordination tests for some reason too..
He checked my heart rate and blood pressure then stabbed a couple more needles into me, while he was doing this I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I had to pull it out with one hand,
'Hello?'
'Mikes'
'Whats wrong? Why are you crying'
'Mikey I - I need you to get down here now!'
'Jess slow down, where are you?'
'My house but- I - AHHHH!-'
Dial tone.
What the fuck?!
The doctor finished the needle and I signed one last paper before running to my car and speeding off to her house,
'Jess? Jessica!'
I looked outside but I couldn't see or hear her so I opened the front door, all the lights were off and it was very dull. I ran towards the back of the house to the stairs,
'Jess!! Where are you!'
I pulled out my phone ready to call her and then I saw her phone on the kitchen counter,
'What the fuck!'
I spun around upon hearing footsteps to see a bunch of people,
'SURPRISE!'
'Happy Birthday'
'Happy 17th babe' Jess said,
She came over and kissed me and I looked around, Gerard, Frank, Bandit, Ley-Anne, Ray, Robby, Ivy, Iris, Rick, Sierra and two other id never seen before.
Jess must've seen me looking,
'Oh that's Bandits ex Aaron and his boyfriend Dean'
'Bandits ex? Then why's he here? And wait he's into dudes?'
'They're best friends still, him and Bandit, even though he doesn't deserve to even speak to her, yeah he dated her like five or six years ago and he only recently had a bi-curious moment and yeah he likes both...'
'Alright...'
My phone rang and I couldn't hear anything because of the music in the Barbie mansion, so I went outside by the pool.
'Hello?'
'Michael James Way?'
'Yes'
'Oh good, I'm doctor Rochester. Your results are back. I'm afraid it's some bad news'
'Yeah?'
'Well yes. You have cancer of the intestine, it's eating away at your body causing all these problems with your sleep being interrupted and so on'
'So what now?'
'If you want to live I'd suggest treatment right away'
'No'
'No?'
'No treatment. It's my seventeenth birthday and I'm celebrating. I'll make my decision by tomorrow and I'll let you know'
'Okay. Happy birthday, have a good night'
'Bye'
'Bye'
Dial tone.

I went inside clutching my side because of sharp stabbing pains, I was looking around for Gerard and Jess, I headed toward Gee, still looking for Jess when she hugged me from behind,
'Dont-'
'Mikey?'
'Please, just don't touch me'
'Hu?'
'Just come'
I lead her with me to gerard and took them both aside,
'Mikey whats wrong?' Gee asked with an equally puzzled look on his face as Jessica's.
'Im- dying'
'Funny Mikes, great joke' Jess said sarcastically
'Bullshit!'
'No bullshit. I'm fucking dying. I've got fucken intestine fucking cancer! I just got the phone call from the doctor, he said if I want to live to start treatment right away. Im not going to-'
'Youre fucking doing the treatment!' Gerard yelled
I sighed,
'Gerard you're not dad, I understand you fucking care but it's my decision whether I want to live or die!'
Bandit and Frank looked over, drinks in hand they gasped at my last comment,
'WHAT?!'

Jessica's POV

That night I went over to Mikey's and we just hung out for a bit, watched movies and shit for a while.
I don't really remember much.
The morning after I woke up and went downstairs, then I remembered it was Mikey's birthday.
Me and my best friend Robby had been planning his surprise party for weeks, the plan was to get him to take me to Robby's then he wouldn't be home so he leaves a note for us to just go inside and when we do.. Bang! SURPRISE!!

But something fucked up.

'Hello?'
'Hey Hey beautiful it's Robby!'
'Hey! What's up?'
'Nothing just wanted to call so we can confirm everything for tonight'
'Yeah - oh shit!'
'What?'
'Hes got a doctors appointment'
'You're kidding?'
No I'm not kidding?! ... Oh Em Gee!'
'Smileeee and don't worry, we can work our way around it'
'True...'
'Meet for coffee okay?'
'Yep'
'Wait... Mikey's coming, call me later, bye Robby'
'Bye'

Mikey walks in,
'Robby?'
'Yeah my best friend from the squad'
'He-'
'He's gay Mikey'
'Oh'

Later that morning we went for coffee, I texted Robby,
'We're here'
About five minutes later he walks in and the plan plays out.
I bring him over and soon after Mikes leaves for his appointment. In this time, as soon as he walks out the door we run, I called Bandit
'BANDIT!'
'Yeah Jess?'
'He's gone, you're fine'
'Okay, we're all ready here'
'Mad'
Bandit was in charge of decorations, Gerard was music, Frank supplied drinks, Robby created the guest list and I made everything remain a surprise and supplied balloons and candy.

Everything was set so me and Robby went to school, we went out separate ways to different classes and I bumped into Bandit on the way,
'Hey you skipping?'
'Nah I got called out, cheerleading probably'
'Ooh yay!'
'Cya' she said running down the hall.
I swung open the door to physics, the teacher glared at me,
'Sorry I'm late!'
'You! Detention! Now!'
'Wh-'
'NOW!'
'Oh for fucks sake' I muttered
'What was that?'
'Nothing'
'No share it'
'You're a stupid fuck!' I said before slamming the door behind me as I left, I stood outside because I could still hear voices.
'No leave her alone!'
'You can join her'
'Good! It's better than being here'
Then bang! Another slamming of the door, a sigh then I turned around,
'Jean?'
'Yeah...'
'Why-'
'Just because we broke up, doesn't mean things my feelings towards you will change'
'Thanks'
He smiled back.
'Ay lets skip this detention and go for a walk or something?'
'Sure' I agreed.
We walked around the school and not long after the bell rang. After school the plan was to get home, have everyone there, all the guests, then call Mikey.
'Hello?' he answered
'Mikes'
'Whats wrong? Why are you crying?'
'Mikey I - I need you to get down here now!'
'Jess slow down, where are you?'
'My house but- I - AHHHH!-' I screamed and hung up.

After five minutes I heard him pull up and call my name a couple times, he came inside and tried calling my phone which was purposely left on the floor, he walked into the room we were all in and
'SURPRISE!!!!'
It was a good party until things started to go wrong.
Later on I went looking for him, I found him with a sad expression. He took me and Gee aside and told us he was dying. At first I thought it was a joke but then he explained how the doctor called and he has cancer in his intestines.
After the party, when everyone left he disappeared upstairs, I followed him,
'Mikey?'
He shut the door, I stood against it,
'Mikey!'
'Please Jess, I just want to be alone'
'Yeah well I want to be with you'
He sighed and opened the door, I went inside and hugged him tightly, he kissed me,
'Im sorry babe'
'I love you Jessica'
'Love you Michael'
Sign up to rate and review this story