Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If only they knew

If only they knew

by Thecreep 8 reviews

Waycest. Mikey and Gerard are separated at a young age, growing up apart and un-aware of the other's existence, what happens when they meet again in later life, un-aware that they are brothers?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2012-03-06 - Updated: 2012-03-09 - 1202 words

5Moving
Donna's face was etched with a well-rehearsed, empty look as she closed the door to her small house softly behind her. Her arms hung limply by her sides and her legs automatically moved one in front of the other, propelling her into the dimly lit, un-decorated hallway. She felt as if she couldn't control her movements any more, she was just floating on a well built up cloud of comfort that was slowly eroding away. The actions that had just taken place only minutes ago were still fresh in her mind, but had not fully sunk in yet. She placed a shaky hand on the door handle and pushed it open silently. Sure enough, sat on the floor of the small lounge/kitchen combo was her young son.

His dark hair wisped out in dark strands, clashing with his almost abnormally pale skin. He sat, cross-legged on the old carpet using his single black felt tip to doodle on an un-wanted envelope. Donna just stood in the doorway for a few minutes, pride filling her heart as she watched her son scribbling pictures onto the envelope of the third unpayable bill she had recieved in the last two months. His tiny fingers grasped the pen, squeezing it as the ink began to run dry on the paper. His brow furrowed and his lips curved down into a frown when he realised that his only felt tip was alomst gone. The mother's heart would've usually dipped at such a sight, but at this particular moment in time, she couldn't feel any lower.

"Gerard," she called, the boy jumped almost out of his skin, his face screwing up in terror. When he saw his mother standing in the doorway, his lips formed a cheeky smile immediately. His little, button nose screwed up and his gleaming, chocolate eyes narrowed.
"Mummy!" he cried, bounding over to her excitedly. Donna grinned falsely at her son, stepping back abruptly before he could envelop her in an awkward, knee height hug. "Where's the baby mummy, mummy I've been dying to play with him, I could show him how to draw and teach him to walk and-"
"Gerard," Donna interrupted, the child silenced, but his expressionn was still drenched with bubbling excitement. Donna's heart almost exploded with guilt as she stared at the adorable little boy infront of her.
"What is it mummy?" Gerard chirped, holding both of his hands behind his back in an attempt to look innocent. Donna sighed, knowing this moment would have to happen sometime. She bent down wearily on one knee, getting down to her son's level.
"Gerard, something happened to the baby," Donna said, trying her best not to let emotion seep into her tone. Gerard looked confused, his lips were pursed and he was swinging nervously on his heels.
"What kind of thing mummy?" he asked curiously, "where is he?". Donna's lips burnt as the lie passed through them,
"Baby's in heaven now honney." Donna sighed, utterly ashamed of herself. Gerard sunk back into his shoes, his head hung and his eyelids blanketed his eyes for a second or two, before he looked back up at his mother. It looked as if he were going to speak, but no words came out. He didn't seem upset, but his excitement had faded completely. He was too young to understand completely.

"You go to bed now okay honney," Donna told Gerard, toussling his hair softly, "and tomorrow, we'll go out and buy you a brand new set of felt tips." Gerard's expression lit up slightly.
"Brand new?" he grinned, Donna nodded. "All the colours?" he asked, Donna nodded.
"But only if you go to bed right now," she added, he gasped, dashing towards the stairs at full speed.
"G'night mummy!" he called from the top of the stairs, "I'm goin' to bed now, even check I promise!" After she heard Gerard's bedroom door close, she dropped onto both knees, burrying her head in her hands and cried. Her eyes were already sore from sobbing on the way up to the house, but she couldn't control herself. She was over-whelmed with guilt and shame, but she had no other choice, she was sure that she had done the right thing.
She hated having to lie to Gerard, especially about something so serious: When Donna found out that she was pregnant only a little less then nine months ago, her 'boyfriend' at the time had left in a hury, leaving her with a young son to take care of and a huge load of bills to pay. She had no money and no job, only an increasing pile of un-paid bills. Her first thought was to sell all the un-needed items in her house. She sold her record player and her TV, her dead mother's gold necklace and anything she had left of her ex'boyfriend's, but it still wasn't enough. She could barely afford to pay for her and Gerard to eat, that was untill she had an offer that changed her life.
She met a woman named Felicity Banks. She was kind and beautiful, her clothes were neat and designer and Donna could tell she had a lot of money. Felicity and Donna met up a few times for coffee, obviously payed for by the richer woman. Then one day, Felicity asked Donna to meet her at their regular coffee shop. It was early so only the two of them were occupying the small shop. That day, felicity offered Donna a job working in an office up-town. Finally, Donna and Gerard could live properly, knowing they could afford food and could pay rent and maybe in time, could even afford a few luxuries. It was almost perfect, but of course, it came with a consequence.
Felicity had always wanted a baby, but no matter how many times she had tried and how many expensive treatments she had undergone, she could never get pregnant. Donna, on the other hand was already risking her only son being put into care if she couldn't scrape together some money, and she was expecting. Long story short, they worked out an agreement over the later few weeks and now, Donna's second son was gone for good, never to be seen again.

"What else could I have done?" she told herself, trying her best to convince herself that she had made the right decision. 'If I had kept the baby, both of my children would be in care,' she whispered to herself through chattering teeth. 'The baby will have a better life there," she reassured herself. And honestly, it was true. The baby would have opportunities that Gerard could never dream of, he would be spoilt beyond his wildest dreams and recieve the best education possible. He could really make something of himself, plus life for Donna and Gerard would improve dramatically. She knew she had made the right choice for both of her children, but on the other hand, she had sold her own baby. She reached her trembling hand into her coat pocket, pulling out a roll of paper money.
Shame flooded her heart, but on the bright side, at least she could buy Gerard his felt tips now.
Sign up to rate and review this story